Callum Paterson

500k is a an absolute steal in the current market. 

He will offer some physical presence up top which we really need.

If him and Windass can strike up some sort of partnership then we may not have the most prolific strikeforce on paper, but one that will cause the opposition plenty of headaches. 

• Like 5

I think his physicality and willingness to get in amongst it will instantly endear him to fans.

If he can bring enough goals into the equation as well then he has every chance of being a hugely important player for us this season.

• Like 2

I don't expect Paterson to dramatically change our fortunes but the more I see of him and read about him the more I like him. Comes across as a positive guy who will put himself about, looking forward to seeing him play for us. 

From an impartial twitter:

No player in the 2018/19 Premier League season won more aerial duels per game than Callum Paterson (7.5).

Fits #SWFC extremely well and is more than just an enforcer, as shown by his 15 goal involvements from 32 league games in 2017/18.

Excellent business by Wednesday

• Like 2

Sounds like he will bring a lot of positive stuff to the dressing room.

On the pitch the key for me is the fan’s feeling that he has suffered because of his versatility. A bit like Reach here.

Can’t see us moving Paterson around, he has been bought to play up front and seems happy with this. 

We feel that if we played Reach on the left all the time he would benefit, equally if we play Paterson up front all the time and he knows he is playing up front hopefully he will also benefit.

• Like 4

On 01/10/2020 at 07:06, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

From an impartial twitter:

No player in the 2018/19 Premier League season won more aerial duels per game than Callum Paterson (7.5).

Fits #SWFC extremely well and is more than just an enforcer, as shown by his 15 goal involvements from 32 league games in 2017/18.

Excellent business by Wednesday

Posts made just after a signing's made rarely age well, so I take a chance on looking reyt daft in a few months' time, buuuut...

We know we attempt more crosses than most teams in the league, at least based on last season's stats. It just seems to be Monk's style. Acquiring the best "aerial duels" player in the league- a striker at that- on the cheap seems like exactly the sort of smart recruitment we've been calling out for. 

Hopefully it all comes to fruition and he becomes a handy piece to our jigsaw

• Like 2