Callum Paterson

I think we struggle a lot of the time down to not having a CEO or Director of Football. From the outside looking in it’s hard to see who’s responsible for the day to day running of the club on various levels? It all seems a mishmash to me but apart from the days of Mandaric/Aldridge it invariably has been at S6 for as long as I can remember?

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Jim said:

I think we struggle a lot of the time down to not having a CEO or Director of Football. From the outside looking in it’s hard to see who’s responsible for the day to day running of the club on various levels? It all seems a mishmash to me but apart from the days of Mandaric/Aldridge it invariably has been at S6 for as long as I can remember?

What was it like then, remind me please ?

4 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

What was it like then, remind me please ?

Mandaric was a Chairman who knew football. Knew when to communicate with the fans and always knew what to say. Let’s be honest if Mandaric was here, Monk wouldn’t be. He wouldn’t stand for the results of this calendar year. Aldridge was a good experienced CEO. You always felt the club was in good hands day to day with him at the helm. DC could’ve done a lot worse and has done than keep him on longer than he did?

Edited by Jim
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Jim said:

Mandaric was a Chairman who knew football. Knew when to communicate with the fans and always knew what to say. Let’s be honest if Mandaric was here, Monk wouldn’t be. He wouldn’t stand for the results of this calendar year. Aldridge was a good experienced CEO. You always felt the club was in good hands day to day with him at the helm. DC could’ve done a lot worse and has done than keep him on longer than he did?

notsure-1.jpg.8437a163245e79970bd48b119463f7f4.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jim said:

Are you Colin Crompton

• Haha 3

36 minutes ago, Jim said:

I agree that it is stupid not to have a CEO and DOF.

But as far as Monk is concerned if Mandaric , Aldridge and an experienced DOF had been in post his job would be 10 times easier and no doubt the results would have been better.

Mandaric wouldn’t have paid the big salaries, no points deduction, he wouldn’t have allowed players on decent salaries to decide they weren’t bothered about playing and messing up the dressing room. Mandaric wouldn’t have got into a position where Westwood can show he’s not really bothered about playing while picking up a million pounds of his money this season. He learned his lesson at Portsmouth 

The manager’s job would be a breeze compared with what Monk’s got to put up with.

But of course if the results had been the same he would be gone very quickly.

Edited by oldishowl
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Jim said:

I KNEW you were leading up to an anti-Monk post

You disguised this one very well (by your standards) but I still knew it was coming

lol

• Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop