George Hirst @ Rotherham

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

Personally not sure what the hype about him is, not done anything at first team level, If he wasn’t the son of such a good striker would he really be as well thought of? 

Tbf, he was probably the stand out from that crop of youngster we had and that, plus his name, has given him an extra level of hype that he probably wouldn't have if his name was George Smith. 

Should be said though he is now 21, so he's at that age where he needs to be playing proper, first team football. 

Not a baby anymore. 

Too much sour grapes on here He’s not the finished article, he’s just emerging from Leicester’s U23s, but for all those criticising him, do we have anyone that good coming out of our U23s? Would he be useful to us now? Sure he would, we don’t have a single centre forward in the whole club

• Haha 1

Just now, gurujuan said:

Too much sour grapes on here He’s not the finished article, he’s just emerging from Leicester’s U23s, but for all those criticising him, do we have anyone that good coming out of our U23s? Would he be useful to us now? Sure he would, we don’t have a single centre forward in the whole club

Rhodes, Windass, Kachunga.

All three are on the scoresheet already. Of course we will bring in one more striker at least. 

Hirst has it all to prove in men’s football. Who knows if he would be an asset for us right now. And quite frankly, who cares. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I think that's the pertinent point, we just don't know. He hasn't really played enough professional football to form an opinion.

• Like 1

I’ve no issues with him wanting to leave Wednesday in order to further his career, but I’ve a real issue with how he went about it

Engineering a move to Leicester via the back door in Belgium just so that he could screw over the club he claims to support out of any compensation owed for developing him as a player.

As I say, if he wants to leave Wednesday to sign for a Premier League club then who could argue with that?, but how he did it was pretty sh**ty if we’re being honest and I hope the arrogant little pr**k falls flat on his face.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Personally not sure what the hype about him is, not done anything at first team level, If he wasn’t the son of such a good striker would he really be as well thought of? 

Imagine if he was Kim Olsen's or Colin Wests son, wouldn't be the same level of hate. I think we are more angry with the father than the son who was 17 at the time

Just accept that he is bound to score against us in toytowns defeat to us and move on

Reminds me of when yer young and seeing a bird. 

Then a milf walks past and all the lads have told you that this milf is a reight goer. So you chat her up. But you then find out that it's just reputation  she's actually a knackered old hound who lays like a sack of spuds, and who's usually got a headache anyroad.

So you turn yer attention back to your younger bird. Only to find that while you were entertaining the old trout yer birds  run off wi an older fella with a better car and loads of coin.

And your left wi no bird, a dose of the clap and a sense of longing for what could have been. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

1 minute ago, Errol Flashman said:

Then a milf walks past and all the lads have told you that this milf is a reight goer. So you chat her up. But you then find out that it's just reputation  she's actually a knackered old hound who lays like a sack of spuds, and who's usually got a headache anyroad.

So you turn yer attention back to your younger bird. Only to find that while you were entertaining the old trout yer birds  run off wi an older fella with a better car and loads of coin.

And your left wi no bird, a dose of the clap and a sense of longing for what could have been. 

Personal experience speaking here??

lol

• Haha 7

I'd be happy to see him succeed (but not against us). Based on what I've read, his dad is a sad, bitter character but GH should be judged based on his own actions only. I can understand how hard it is for a kid to try to have his own way after his dad has pushed him through all the previous steps.

• Like 1

Since returning to the UK G.H.  has 6 goals at lower level to his credit (All Penalties).

Representatives wanted a list of requests in order to secure a medium term future for George at SWFC none of which appeared to be feasible at face value. The one demand he should have insisted on was ways of breaking into league football either on loan or here at SWFC, that option was available to him.

Now he is on loan at the Millers in his 22nd year without a league start to his name; That Cup game at Cambridge seems such a long time ago. He really does need to kick on at Rotherham now !  

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Errol Flashman said:

52E97941-58E8-4559-9D6F-E8309FED7316.jpeg

• Haha 8