George Hirst @ Rotherham

He’s only still young; which means there’s at least another 10 years worth of G Hirst  threads. 

He’s definitely going to overtake Ben Marshall in thread count; one for every time his kicks a ball. 

When will the threads be classed as non SWFC

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Too much sour grapes on here He’s not the finished article, he’s just emerging from Leicester’s U23s, but for all those criticising him, do we have anyone that good coming out of our U23s? Would he be useful to us now? Sure he would, we don’t have a single centre forward in the whole club

We wanted to keep him and he’d have played more EFL games by now had he stayed.

He chose not to which he has every right to do and the club treated him poorly in the process but the crux of it is that he chose the option which cost the club any compensation  for the time they had put into his career prior to the fall out. Whoever’s side anyone is on in the argument that can’t be ignored and he will have to take that on the chin from Wednesday fans.

He’s clearly not particularly bothered in any case, but you’re not suddenly a grown up at 21 either and I do wonder if later in life he regrets harming the wider relationship with the club and fans regardless of a spat with the owner. 

Edited by Bluesteel
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Rogers said:

He’s only still young; which means there’s at least another 10 years worth of G Hirst  threads. 

He’s definitely going to overtake Ben Marshall in thread count; one for every time his kicks a ball. 

When will the threads be classed as non SWFC

Wait for the thread when he scores against us for the mini pigs 

5 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

I’ve no issues with him wanting to leave Wednesday in order to further his career, but I’ve a real issue with how he went about it

Engineering a move to Leicester via the back door in Belgium just so that he could screw over the club he claims to support out of any compensation owed for developing him as a player.

As I say, if he wants to leave Wednesday to sign for a Premier League club then who could argue with that?, but how he did it was pretty sh**ty if we’re being honest and I hope the arrogant little pr**k falls flat on his face.

Wasn’t there a club in for him for a reputed £2 mill?Leicester or Everton? Didn’t we turn it down? 

• Like 1

Watched the interview he did with Rob Staton, i expected he wouldn’t want to comment but the general attitude towards the question was a bit disappointing for me,  comes across as an arrogant young man who clearly thinks he owes the club no respect at all 

Its a shame there’s so much bad blood, and there’s so many versions of the truth flying about it’s not gonna get any better anytime soon , I’ve always said the Hirsts could come out and tell there side ...   they haven’t , and won’t , for me .. that speaks volumes 

Interesting interview that, doesn't look like the lad we had here at all. Seemed very mindful you can't bad mouth a former employer. Good luck to him tho, seems a lesson learned (for chansiri) that young talent needs to be looked and afforded the chance the shine, in a team full of highly paid senior pros.

The ethos at our club is much better now, than previous years 

• Like 2

On 15/09/2020 at 19:02, Ellis Rimmer said:

How old was Kane when he started breaking through?

Well he was 17 when he notched his first goal, against us as it happens. He was fairly highly rated then and while it took him a while to get a run at Spurs I think there was always a belief he'd develop into the top striker that he is today. A lot of it is luck with strikers, right service, right manager, right club.

Hirst is now 21, he's wasted two years of his career p*ssing about in Belgium and his last year with us. I don't believe the hype about him, people bought into him because of his surname and his goals at youth level. I don't think he'll be anywhere near the player he thinks he'll be.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

Watched the interview he did with Rob Staton, i expected he wouldn’t want to comment but the general attitude towards the question was a bit disappointing for me,  comes across as an arrogant young man who clearly thinks he owes the club no respect at all 

Its a shame there’s so much bad blood, and there’s so many versions of the truth flying about it’s not gonna get any better anytime soon , I’ve always said the Hirsts could come out and tell there side ...   they haven’t , and won’t , for me .. that speaks volumes 

Yep.

Summed it up well that.