George Hirst @ Rotherham

Guest Therealrealist
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

SHANTER

Yes he is..if he plays every game which he wont..he will harvest less than windass..I promise you that

Guest Willow Owl
2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Because he was smashing goals in left right and centre against any team put up against him

Not been smashing them in the last 2 seasons though has he. That Belgium 2nd division must have some real quality defenders yet to be discovered or GH is just not as good as his and his dads ego think he is.

3 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

Not been smashing them in the last 2 seasons though has he. That Belgium 2nd division must have some real quality defenders yet to be discovered or GH is just not as good as his and his dads ego think he is.

You mean the legendary David Hirst the greatest striker (Apart from Owen Morrison) that we've ever had at our football club?

What makes you say David Hirst's ego is anything to do with this? What do you know? What did he do exactly? I've not heard anything about David Hirst having anything to do with George Hirst moving clubs? 

• Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Willow Owl
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

You mean the legendary David Hirst the greatest striker (Apart from Owen Morrison) that we've ever had at our football club?

What makes you say David Hirst's ego is anything to do with this? What do you know? What did he do exactly? I've not heard anything about David Hirst having anything to do with George Hirst moving clubs? 

I’ve had the unenviable privilege of spending time with Hirst senior. He opened one of our new depots charged   2k for 2 hours and slagged the club off at every opportunity. Customers came to see their hero and were rewarded with a venomous attack on the club they support. Talking how he’d walked out of meeting in London with Chansiri, laughing at what the club had offered (3k a week) for GH and claimed Everton had offered 10k a week. Someone said they thought tapping up was illegal and he just laughed and rubbed his hands together indicating money, money and said GH had been touted round premiership clubs.
Claimed coach drivers were instructed to drop Carlos at the airport after away games before heading home, all the players were crap, apart from Westwood. 
Also claimed he had more friends and supporters at the Lane than Hillsborough.

Found myself walking away and thinking, this man has gone from hero to zero in 2 hours. 

Guest Therealrealist
6 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

I’ve had the unenviable privilege of spending time with Hirst senior. He opened one of our new depots charged   2k for 2 hours and slagged the club off at every opportunity. Customers came to see their hero and were rewarded with a venomous attack on the club they support. Talking how he’d walked out of meeting in London with Chansiri, laughing at what the club had offered (3k a week) for GH and claimed Everton had offered 10k a week. Someone said they thought tapping up was illegal and he just laughed and rubbed his hands together indicating money, money and said GH had been touted round premiership clubs.
Claimed coach drivers were instructed to drop Carlos at the airport after away games before heading home, all the players were crap, apart from Westwood. 
Also claimed he had more friends and supporters at the Lane than Hillsborough.

Found myself walking away and thinking, this man has gone from hero to zero in 2 hours. 

Sounds like the ‘legend’ hirst I’ve heard speaking🤨

Guest Willow Owl
4 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Sounds like the ‘legend’ hirst I’ve heard speaking🤨

What I find staggering is people still think he is the next David  “so called Legend” Hirst. 

8 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

John Fantham was a class above David Hirst !!!

To me its just a shame he didn't get he chance to have a run in or around the 1st team for a while.

Instead he choose a different path - obviously advised by DH / Leicester / NP..

Wish he would have not had his head turned, because at the moment i'm sure he would shine in our current

set-up.

Be interesting to see how he gets on at Rotherham..  will it be the one that got away (again JV) or another promising lad who drifts away (OM / Mark Platts / Stobbs etc).

Love the gossip about his dad,  I've seen him a few times always been sound.

• Like 1