George Hirst @ Rotherham

41 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Obviously you believe a certain version of events, that’s your prerogative

Like I said, so many versions of the truth flying about that’s why the situation is like it is 

It was fairly widely quoted that he was prevented from training with his peers

1 hour ago, TrickyTrev said:

Agreed but in the end it’s the club Hirst damaged.

He could’ve been the bigger person and just walked away onto bigger and better things but he instead agreed to a move that would deprive the club he claimed to support of much needed compensation due for developing him.

Were you ever the bigger person at 18 years old?

1 minute ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

Come on man, if his "advisors" weren't such massive beilend5 there would have been no need for any bitterness, the club had every right to stamp it's authority.   

Ok. Tell us all of the facts that you know to draw this conclusion.

Facts mind

1 hour ago, TrickyTrev said:

He could’ve been the bigger person and just walked away onto bigger and better things but he instead agreed to a move that would deprive the club he claimed to support of much needed compensation due for developing him.

Imagine a shop, you went in it every single day, you bought things from there every time you got paid, you loved it. It was the best shop to you

Now imagine it got took over by a new owner that had no customer service skills, treat you like dirt, and changed the atmosphere of the shop

This little independent shop then started struggling financially, but the owner kept treating you like dirt whenever you went in there

Would you still buy stuff from there in order to give that shop your money so it could keep going?

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

Engineered a move away from S6 for the new Harry Kane 

You mean they got their player a move to a Premier League club whilst Wednesday had frozen him out, stopped him training here?

Sounds like a particularly smart move to me that

Why would anyone have an issue with that?

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

Here we go!

I know as much as you do, but OK.....the club offered young Judd a very good pay rise that would have put him on more than his peers and the same as some first teamers, all for an unproven kid!

His "advisors" thought the offer was sh eite and that young Judd should be getting paid more.....

Your turn...

And that qualifies them as 'bellends'?

Wow

You do know how agents work right? And that all players use them?

DC said that George Hirst's advisors were asking for “the [same] basic salary as an establish first team player ... plus completely unrealistic bonuses, clauses and add-ons.”

So if DC was telling truth then it seems they were asking for the same basic salary as the lowest-paid first team player that could conceivably have been characterized as ‘established’. As well as bonuses characterized as ‘unrealistic’.

This was the advisors' opening position too, and it's most likely that any final figure negotiated would've been less than this which would mean that he would've been paid the least of all players in the first team squad - of course, at the time though he wasn't in the first team squad, but that I suppose was the aim for all concerned.

I'm not convinced then that his advisors were being so unreasonable - but we'd have to see the figures, and know their context in the wider setting of similar situations at other clubs to really form an opinion as to that.

Still, him being prevented from playing for the final year of his contract was a pretty extreme move from DC - hard to imagine once you do something like that that would be any way back towards a reconciliation, and with a year to go, why go nuclear at that stage of a negotiation? We are left only to suppose things for which there is no evidence whatsoever to feel DC would've been justified (DC's own account hardly suffices toward this end).

42 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It's never a film that's appealed to me for some reason

I'd be interested in seeing if there are any local filming locations in it though so might give it a go

Never seen The Full Monty.

Kes is definitely worth watching I would think most from around SY area would identify with it.  Plenty of local locations for you to film, but I if guess if you are to scared to go round Page Hall then Barnsley would terrify you

Never come across anyone who really disliked it.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Imagine a shop, you went in it every single day, you bought things from there every time you got paid, you loved it. It was the best shop to you

Now imagine it got took over by a new owner that had no customer service skills, treat you like dirt, and changed the atmosphere of the shop

This little independent shop then started struggling financially, but the owner kept treating you like dirt whenever you went in there

Would you still buy stuff from there in order to give that shop your money so it could keep going?

Completely different.

George Hirst could have just left Wednesday for Leicester and that would’ve been the equivalent of no longer visiting the shop.

What Hirst did was ensure that the club missed out on a decent compensation package for the time, money and effort they spent in developing him. If we put this to your shop comparison it’s the equivalent of no longer visiting the shop, then ensuring you went out of your way  to damage that shop financially after you’d stopped going there.

Me personally, I’d just stop shopping there.

Interesting though, I’d be willing to bet that if this grubby practice were to become common place in football and Premier League clubs were to start taking young players away from lower league clubs for free more often, then the very people who are defending George Hirst and Leicester now would be the first to start kicking up a fuss when lower league clubs start suffering financially.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Never seen The Full Monty.

Kes is definitely worth watching I would think most from around SY area would identify with it.  Plenty of local locations for you to film, but I if guess if you are to scared to go round Page Hall then Barnsley would terrify you

Never come across anyone who really disliked it.

I really identified with Rita, Sue and Bob Too