Yeah

Playing abroad

Coming back to be at a Premier League club
Escaping the utter carnage here at this club
Millions in the bank...

I'd say YES - YES HE IS

lol

8 minutes ago, WatfordOwl said:

Do you not think he's probably happy with how things have worked out?

At a higher profile club, who are prepared to send him out on loan to push on.

I'd say he's done pretty well for himself all things considered. 

He's probably delighted he's gotten more money and not had to put his cards on the table showing how good he really is for 3 more years.

He could easily have been the jordan brewster of the season before last. But he chose not to. You have to wonder why. Is he really as good as people have made out? Looks like we finally get to see...

1 minute ago, neo hippy said:

He's probably delighted he's gotten more money and not had to put his cards on the table showing how good he really is for 3 more years.

He could easily have been the jordan brewster of the season before last. But he chose not to. You have to wonder why. Is he really as good as people have made out? Looks like we finally get to see...

You're gonna be absolutely gutted if he is aren't you

Don't know what will happen in the future for GH.

But there are a lot of examples of players being prolific or stand out up to age of 18. This could be due to the very early coaching some get from a relative who has professional experience. A lot then fall away as they are caught up by their peers.

Not saying this applies to GH but it will be interesting to see if he can push on or if he peaked early.

9 minutes ago, neo hippy said:

None of us have any idea of whether it was a purely financial decision on his part to want to leave or if he wasn't going to be given a chance. 

Given the policy of the club at the time was to be signing 'seasoned' pro's, you'd feel there was an element of him thinking "What have I got to do to be given a chance" in the process, and yeah maybe the money was a factor. 

Ask yourself what the club really did for his development - it wasn't much.

I'd have taken a chance on a young, hungry kid who'd just banged 40+ goals in and pretty much made his mark on the England U18 level, even if it meant we made him the highest paid young player at the club - he deserved that. 

Anyone questioning his ability to score goals based on the information at the time, wouldn't be being honest by saying bin him off. 

Arrogant to push for extra cash? Yes of course. But isn't that what you'd want out of a striker at the club? Bit of confidence and swagger? 

Jordan Rhodes gets panned for the lack of it, probably on at least 10 times the amount we may have paid Hirst. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Imagine if signing Rhodes was not only the worst transfer we've ever made but was also a contributing factor in not getting GH signed and he turns into the next Vardy 

Its strange as I'd feel completely different if we'd taken a good transfer fee from Leicester for him. I'd hope he goes on and does do well. But the mix of us not accepting any bids and then him screwing us has left a real sour taste 

• Like 1

Guest Therealrealist

He’s crap..he will end up signing for a ram type club when his Leicester contract expires..but he will be mad3 for life so I doubt he has any regrets about owt..

Edited by Therealrealist

58 minutes ago, WatfordOwl said:

Do you think he would have been given a chance this season though? 

He would have had his chance by now and we would all have been in a better position to comment. He’s got a nice contract for not achieving anything so far so I imagine he’s happy. 
Did you know his Dad almost signed for Man Utd? 

Edited by BIG D
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Wish he would change his name to George smithington or summat..I’m reyt bored of this none scoring ‘striker’🥴

Therealrealist sees thread with title GEORGE HIRST in it

Therealrealist  clicks into thread after reading thread title with GEORGE HIRST in it

Therealrealist  then claims to be bored reading about George Hirst 

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Therealrealist
12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Therealrealist sees thread with title GEORGE HIRST in it

Therealrealist  clicks into thread after reading thread title with GEORGE HIRST in it

Therealrealist  then claims to be bored reading about George Hirst 

And rightly so..if your bored of something you aren’t goin to start a thread about it..you have to wait till sumbody else starts a thread about the subject your bored with..to Cohen comment in it