George Hirst @ Rotherham

8 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Watched the interview he did with Rob Staton, i expected he wouldn’t want to comment but the general attitude towards the question was a bit disappointing for me,  comes across as an arrogant young man who clearly thinks he owes the club no respect at all 

Its a shame there’s so much bad blood, and there’s so many versions of the truth flying about it’s not gonna get any better anytime soon , I’ve always said the Hirsts could come out and tell there side ...   they haven’t , and won’t , for me .. that speaks volumes 

Don't confuse the club with the Chairman

7 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

Interesting interview that, doesn't look like the lad we had here at all. Seemed very mindful you can't bad mouth a former employer. Good luck to him tho, seems a lesson learned (for chansiri) that young talent needs to be looked and afforded the chance the shine, in a team full of highly paid senior pros.

The ethos at our club is much better now, than previous years 

Hirst had already been given his first team debut here even under the old “regime”. He’d have been playing under Jos.

Lets be right this was nothing to do with first team football.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Grandad said:

Wednesday fans more obsessed with this kid than they are with Wilder

Sooooooo much bitterness 😂

All tied in with the Hirsty disparaging Wednesday comments. There are quite a few of those so I have no reason to doubt there's something in them which is a shame. Hopefully it's about the chairman not the fans etc - although if George Hirst ever plays against us in more normal times I don't think the atmosphere will be benign.  

On 15/09/2020 at 18:33, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Good luck to your mate.

What's this got to do with George Hirst, though?

I'm glad this post has got the recognition it deserves. 🤣🤣🤣

As for GH, hope he gets injured first match and spends the rest of the season on the treatment table.

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

Not Really?

Not like I want him to get a career ender is it. Wouldn't wish that on him or any other footballer.

They took the wee-wee with how he left and they're taking the wee-wee him playing at the mini pigs. 

I'd have wished the lad all the luck in the world if he'd left the club with a bit of class. But after how they fiddled the compensation fuckhim.

• Like 1

On 15/09/2020 at 18:44, Lawrie Madden said:

Based on what ?

No axe to grind with Hirst but he's done precisely nothing in senior football 

Based on what Ive seen with my own eyes watching him. 

What else would it be based on?

He's not 28, he's 22.

So he's barely had a senior football career. A big part of the reason he hasn't was SWFC preventing any loan move unless he signed a contract. The club fizzed up. 

This is his debut championship season. 

We will see very soon who is right and who is wrong. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Steelman said:

Not like I want him to get a career ender is it. Wouldn't wish that on him or any other footballer.

They took the wee-wee with how he left and they're taking the wee-wee him playing at the mini pigs. 

I'd have wished the lad all the luck in the world if he'd left the club with a bit of class. But after how they fiddled the compensation fuckhim.

I've no idea what went off behind the scenes seems there are two parties the player and advisors who got one over the club and the  club who stopped him from progressing.

All sounds very unsavoury should there be any truth in it.

I hope the lad and the club both progress, life's too short.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rogers said:

Move this thread...he's play 1-2 games for us and played for 2-3 clubs after.  Who cares.  Get over it.

Rogers sees thread title with 'GEORGE HIRST' in the title
Rogers reads 9 pages of the thread about 'George Hirst'
Rogers then POSTS in a thread about 'George Hirst' claiming not to care about George Hirst

Aye...

ALREYT THEN

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

11 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

Are we saying young Judd is actually as good as Gerd Muller but DC is/has held him back??

Not said anything about the players quality. I've seen him about as much as everybody else

I'm saying the way he was black balled after not signing a contract and had his career curtailed for a year I can completely understand the bitterness that followed. Bitterness to the Chairman and not the club

9 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Not said anything about the players quality. I've seen him about as much as everybody else

I'm saying the way he was black balled after not signing a contract and had his career curtailed for a year I can completely understand the bitterness that followed. Bitterness to the Chairman and not the club

Agreed but in the end it’s the club Hirst damaged.

He could’ve been the bigger person and just walked away onto bigger and better things but he instead agreed to a move that would deprive the club he claimed to support of much needed compensation due for developing him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grandad said:

Don't confuse the club with the Chairman

Obviously you believe a certain version of events, that’s your prerogative

Like I said, so many versions of the truth flying about that’s why the situation is like it is 

In reality the lower leagues are full of exiting prospects /talents that where unplayable at youth up to under 23 level, but it's a massive step up playing in full league first team and so many don't make it. 

I've no Ill will towards G. H, his family and agent did what they thought was best for him. I've probably said it before David may have not wanted his lad to miss the chance of furthering his career like he did when we blocked his move to man utd. 

Personally I'd like to see him go out on loan, just to see how he does as I think his lack of pace will probably mean he'll struggle to play at a higher level than championship. Football has changed and defenders especially at a higher level are getting quicker and more agile. 

1 hour ago, Vaughan said:

What happened at Christmas 2018 ?

Much more important, according to some, is what happened at Christmas 0000 or was it 0001? 

Anyway, again according to some, since Christmas 2019 we now have the coming of a new Messiah....

This one risks being crucified long before Easter !