53 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Not sure why people have to dislike players who have left the club? This is why some fans hate Di Canio and to be honest I pity them. 
Hutchinson joined us when we were absolute garbage and was part of a squad that turned us around but ultimately failed in our quest to get back to the promised land. 
Gave everything on the pitch and left in the end in odd circumstances. The majority of fans reckon the club is run in a terrible way but then side with the same people who are running the club and label Hutchinson a wrong’un.  
Weird

I don't dislike Hutch and agree with what you said about him being a part of the turn around that didn't quite make it to the prem. 

Disagree that he left in odd circumstances though. As he says in the article, he was told he was no longer needed - there is nothing odd or confusing about that. He then contradicts himself and says he got a text.

Just sounds like sour grapes to me towards the club. Be interesting to see where he ends up, if anywhere.

4 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

It’s like the people who say Carlos ran a holiday camp. Never ANY evidence to back it up.  

Apart from all the players who said Carlos ran a holiday camp.

Don't even try to tell me Carlos training regime wasn't a complete joke mate -it's VERY well documented with first hand testimony from the players themselves (And managers who have had to come in to try and tidy up after it)

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, tomhollywood said:

I don't dislike Hutch and agree with what you said about him being a part of the turn around that didn't quite make it to the prem. 

Disagree that he left in odd circumstances though. As he says in the article, he was told he was no longer needed - there is nothing odd or confusing about that. He then contradicts himself and says he got a text.

Just sounds like sour grapes to me towards the club. Be interesting to see where he ends up, if anywhere.

"If I come back to Hillsborough...I'll celebrate if I score...The fans that know me will understand"???

F.ookin' really?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

"If I come back to Hillsborough...I'll celebrate if I score...The fans that know me will understand"???

F.ookin' really?

In general and not related to Hutchinson, I think the whole not celebrating things is nonsense anyway. Why would a player not celebrate scoring a goal out of some fickle attempt at loyalty? 

On Hutchinson though - he can celebrate all he wants, I doubt he'll make it back to S6 because I can't see anyone taking a punt on him.

15 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Apart from all the players who said Carlos ran a holiday camp.

Don't even try to tell me Carlos training regime wasn't a complete joke mate -it's VERY well documented with first hand testimony from the players themselves (And managers who have had to come in to try and tidy up after it)

If a joke is getting us to our two highest finishes in the past 20 seasons, I’ll take it every day of the week.

Bruce didn’t find it hard to tidy up. He seemed to have us organised and playing well. 

Jos was just a crap manager and Monk last season was fighting a losing battle without his own backroom staff (jury is still out on whether he’s the man but I bet he’ll give a better fist of it now he has his own men in).

The issue is those making the decisions at the top. Carlos didn’t renew his own contract after the Huddersfield defeat and Carlos didn’t refuse to sell players and pay players ridiculous wages to come here. 

So boring when people blame Carlos without seeing the bigger picture. His apparent ‘mess’ was handled fine by a competent manager like Bruce. 

Edited by SallyCinnamon
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

If a joke is getting us to our two highest finishes in the past 20 seasons, I’ll take it every day of the week.

Bruce didn’t find it hard to tidy up. He seemed to have us organised and playing well. 

Jos was just a crap manager and Monk last season was fighting a losing battle without his own backroom staff (jury is still out on whether he’s the man but I bet he’ll give a better fist of it now he has his own men in).

The issue is those making the decisions at the top. Carlos didn’t renew his own contract after the Huddersfield defeat and Carlos didn’t refuse to sell players and pay players ridiculous wages to come here. 

So boring when people blame Carlos without seeing the bigger picture. His apparent ‘mess’ was handled fine by a competent manager like Bruce. 

Carlos ran a holiday camp.

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Carlos ran a holiday camp.

Provide me proof? 

It’s his tactical style. It’s a style of management which served Mourinho very well over the years. Read up on tactical periodisation, it’s not a holiday camp - it’s a style of management which has had success across Europe.

Our problem is we didn’t give Carlos the sack when it was quite clear, the methods were failing. It’s why he (like Mourinho) only stays at clubs for 2/3 years. 

The issue at Wednesday has been buying players at their peak, tying them down to lucrative contracts, failing to sell at the right time and making us a comfortable place for players past their peak to pick up handsome wages with little motivation for the club. 

Carlos is such an easy scapegoat.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Provide me proof? 

It’s his tactical style. It’s a style of management which served Mourinho very well over the years. Read up on tactical periodisation, it’s not a holiday camp - it’s a style of management which has had success across Europe.

Our problem is we didn’t give Carlos the sack when it was quite clear, the methods were failing. It’s why he (like Mourinho) only stays at clubs for 2/3 years. 

The issue at Wednesday has been buying players at their peak, tying them down to lucrative contracts, failing to sell at the right time and making us a comfortable place for players past their peak to pick up handsome wages with little motivation for the club. 

Carlos is such an easy scapegoat.

Fitness issues were the only things that were brought up I believe. but that may have just been his way or style to approach things rightly or wrongly.

9 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

For a whole 18 games; the last 9 of which saw the mediocre record of W3 D3 L3 (there were some decent opponents to be fair). And we don't know what factors went into his departure. It might have been just the lure of his club, but he'd turned them down before. His comments about the multiple transfer windows needed and Amadeu being "part of the furniture" (or whatever it was) were interesting, if not conclusive.

12 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Jos was just a crap manager...

I still think he was the sacrificial lamb chosen to make a start on the process we are now getting towards the end of. It's difficult to believe that all those senior players being 'injured' at once and/or not being included, was just a coincidence. And there's no way someone of Luhukay's standing would be doing something of that magnitude without some kind of tacit approval at least from above.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Provide me proof?  

Nope

It's well documented

It's been in a zillion other threads on here

We've discussed it countless times

It exists, players said it when Carlos left

If you want proof read back in the many threads about it with quotes from players after Carlos left

But they said it

Carlos ran an absolute Holiday Camp here

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, pazowl55 said:

Fitness issues were the only things that were brought up I believe. but that may have just been his way or style to approach things rightly or wrongly.

Yes fitness issues occurred because the style is around players going above and beyond, playing at their full intensity in order to achieve short term success. Which is what the club wanted. 

Another reason why Carlos should have left after Huddersfield. The enthusiasm tank was drained after two failed play off pushes. You could tell in the first game against Preston the players were completely unfit. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DJMortimer said:

For a whole 18 games; the last 9 of which saw the mediocre record of W3 D3 L3 (there were some decent opponents to be fair). And we don't know what factors went into his departure. It might have been just the lure of his club, but he'd turned them down before. His comments about the multiple transfer windows needed and Amadeu being "part of the furniture" (or whatever it was) were interesting, if not conclusive.

I still think he was the sacrificial lamb chosen to make a start on the process we are now getting towards the end of. It's difficult to believe that all those senior players being 'injured' at once and/or not being included, was just a coincidence. And there's no way someone of Luhukay's standing would be doing something of that magnitude without some kind of tacit approval at least from above.

Nope Bruce, had us on the right path. He had his team around him and he commanded respect from the players. A good manager.

Jos was the most bizarre managerial appointment ever. I don’t think he was a sacrificial lamb, I think it just highlighted the naivety of the club. Probably looked at his success at getting clubs out of the German second tier and thought he could copy it in this country. 

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Nope

It's well documented

It's been in a zillion other threads

It exists, players said it when Carlos left

If you want proof read back in the threads about it

But they said it

Carlos ran an absolute Holiday Camp here

You’re not providing any proof at all. 

lol

I’ve spent enough time on this forum. The only thing documented about Carlos and his apparent ‘holiday camp’ is rumours and people reading too much into things. Never has their been anything concrete.