1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Rumours. Nobody knows what happened at Christmas. 

It’s like the people who say Carlos ran a holiday camp. Never ANY evidence to back it up. All just rumours, assumptions and hear say.

Carlos didn’t run a holiday camp but he applied a philosophy which incorporated “the chosens” and actively encouraged that sentiment.  A part of this was mind over matter in relation to fitness, injuries and training and players were given more power than the physios in terms of declaring ability to train and play.

The evidence is out there and his legacy in relation to certain players has hurt us.  His method of management was also in direct conflict with the club’s transfer policy.

In his defence, it very nearly came off for us.

• Like 2

Guest Therealrealist
6 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Get the feeling he doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut. Probably means well.

You just get the sense it was like some sort of old boys club under Carlos.

Be interesting to see what Bruce would have made of him and a few others had he stuck around a bit longer. 

Well 'westy' must have made a good impression on bruce..he cudnt wait to give him a bumper 2 year deal

1 minute ago, Therealrealist said:

Well 'westy' must have made a good impression on bruce..he cudnt wait to give him a bumper 2 year deal

I think they all bought into Bruce tbh. There was a plan, he was respected, fresh start syndrome, experienced team brought in and the fatcunt fuckedoff 3 weeks before the start of the season.

That hurt us too.

Who would own a football club?

:duntmatter:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Given his form at that point, how could he not? 

You missed my point anyway but still. 

Edited by SiJ

7 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Carlos didn’t run a holiday camp but he applied a philosophy which incorporated “the chosens” and actively encouraged that sentiment.  A part of this was mind over matter in relation to fitness, injuries and training and players were given more power than the physios in terms of declaring ability to train and play.

The evidence is out there and his legacy in relation to certain players has hurt us.  His method of management was also in direct conflict with the club’s transfer policy.

In his defence, it very nearly came off for us.

Agreed, that was his style. But it doesn’t make it a holiday camp.

We’ve had this discussion before. But the club knew full well what type of manager they were employing as his methods equal short term success which is what the club wanted at the time to get us promoted. 

Like you say. It nearly came off. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Agreed, that was his style. But it doesn’t make it a holiday camp.

We’ve had this discussion before. But the club knew full well what type of manager they were employing as his methods equal short term success which is what the club wanted at the time to get us promoted. 

Like you say. It nearly came off. 

Depends what you mean by "off" because it's lead to us coming "off" the rails.

58 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

HANG ON

In the interest of fairness

Just for everyone reading this thread and seeing the above point being made I'd like to show you what Sam Hutchinson said about how it happened... 👇

Screenshot 2020-09-15 at 11.48.41.jpg

I was only mentioning what the article says if you read this article bud. Here I've screenshotted the quote. 

Screenshot_20200915-124831.png

1 hour ago, Key said:

So, not really shocking at all then eh?

A reasonable person might expect that Dom would have questioned Hutch on his inconsistent story: text message or face to face?

'Manager tells player face to face in frank and clear discussion that he's no longer wanted' doesn't make for good copy though does it Dom!

It's all down to who's written the article in which paper bud, as I said. Here's the quote screenshot from the article if you didn't read the one I posted. 

I liked old Sam. Thundering across the turf and nailing somebody. 

I know we have professional attitudes these days among the fan base. 

Muttering 'reckless' and 'stupid' and shaking our heads where once wed have cheered. Muttering about how these things are costly. As if it's us about to go and speak to the press..

I just like enjoying the game on any given day. And in some games, where the ball had been passed about our back four one hundred times and I  could feel the old yawn coming on Sam would come flying in and whack somebody. Sometimes it was the highlight of a game.

I still enjoy that. I'll always enjoy seeing that.

I can't help myself. 

That triple tackle will always stry with me. 

Marvelous.

Time marches on though. It's now one for the memory banks with a thousand others. 

Thanks , goodluck and goodbye.

• Like 3

Who wrote that rambling mess of an article? Terrible journalism.

Anyway I personally have no issue with Hutch giving his side of the story.

Monk and Jos  have a very different style to Carlos. They both seem to be disciplinarians who expect players not to question them or their methods. Carlos on the other hand seemed to have a closer relationship with players and would engage with them if they had concerns.

Not saying either approach is right or wrong but it's obvious that some players will be suited more by one style than the other.

3 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

Who wrote that rambling mess of an article? Terrible journalism.

Anyway I personally have no issue with Hutch giving his side of the story.

Monk and Jos  have a very different style to Carlos. They both seem to be disciplinarians who expect players not to question them or their methods. Carlos on the other hand seemed to have a closer relationship with players and would engage with them if they had concerns.

Not saying either approach is right or wrong but it's obvious that some players will be suited more by one style than the other.

Yeah, I've a feeling S. G was very similar to Carlos too, not so much with the coming and going as you please,but a more personnel touch allowing players with injury history go a bit easier, so not to aggravate them. 

I remember a story about ledley King at spurs said he trained mainly on his own and with the sqaud only a few days a week. 

2 hours ago, tomhollywood said:

Says "I am never going to bad mouth Sheffield Wednesday because I had great times there."

Then spends the entire article giving a one sided version of events and looking like he threw his toys out of the pram in my opinion.

Beat me to it. 😁

• Like 1

1 minute ago, shezzas left peg said:

Yeah, I've a feeling S. G was very similar to Carlos too, not so much with the coming and going as you please,but a more personnel touch allowing players with injury history go a bit easier, so not to aggravate them. 

I remember a story about ledley King at spurs said he trained mainly on his own and with the sqaud only a few days a week. 

The thing is this is what most good managers do. They man manage their players to get the best out of them. 

If Hutch not training as often as the first team, means he is more likely to play on the Saturday and put in a strong performance - it’s a no brainer.

A lot of clubs do this with players with fitness issues. Also happens to older players in their 30s who need more time to recover. 

23 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

It's all down to who's written the article in which paper bud, as I said. Here's the quote screenshot from the article if you didn't read the one I posted. 

I was agreeing with you.

The Star have gone for the sensational version of Hutch’s story for the headline rather than the routine version. They also didn’t notice or couldn’t be bothered to question the inconsistency in Hutch’s claims.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tomhollywood said:

Says "I am never going to bad mouth Sheffield Wednesday because I had great times there."

Then spends the entire article giving a one sided version of events and looking like he threw his toys out of the pram in my opinion.

Well he can only give his side can’t he?