The Humble Club - Abhorrence Of Arabia

Big Malc

So 4th bottom Brighton have 21 points from 21 games so you can see 38 points being required to have a chance of staying up.

The Scrubbers need 30 points from 17 games to achieve that. That form so far would have them in 5th place. 

They need W8  D6  L3

• Haha 1

It's a bit like us - put a decent run together and look around to find everyone else has done as well.

Always going to be the same at some stage, and unfortunately for them it's likely to continue. 14 points is very difficult to claw back with 17 games left.

It's 4 wins a 2 draws from next 6 before they start the last 11 games, and then they're relying on teams with double their points total and more, to stop collecting any points.

Whilst it's not impossible, it's really is isn't it?

Big result for Brighton that. 

Those bottom 5 may be poor but Brighton and Burnley are always capable of picking up a result. The other 2 around them are cannon fodder and will go down.

They need top 4 results to stay up, no idea on their fixture list but if they escape, it will to down as one of the biggest escapes ever. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Skyline said:

Those bottom 5 may be poor but Brighton and Burnley are always capable of picking up a result. The other 2 around them are cannon fodder and will go down.

They need top 4 results to stay up, no idea on their fixture list but if they escape, it will to down as one of the HUMBLE escapes ever. 

🤣

10 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Jags in Conversation with Wilder.  "Chris, why does Billy always call you Donk"

" Not too sure Jags but He Aw, He Aw, He Aw,  He always calls me that"

Wilder.jpg.d37a7dc0e9b317c92d827229f8bb3fb7.jpg

200-20.gif

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Skyline said:

They need top 4 results to stay up, no idea on their fixture list but if they escape, it will to down as one of the biggest escapes ever. 

Fulham are showing signs of being able to get a few wins too in my opinion.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

Defeat tomorrow would be truly humbling 

They’ll win tomorrow, and suddenly they will believe the great escape is on again, conveniently forgetting that they need to get out of the bottom three rather than the bottom one to stay up.

Wilder will then be happy and gurn free till Chelsea rip them a new one on Sunday.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Fulham are showing signs of being able to get a few wins too in my opinion.

They should have been out of sight at half time v WBA. However it's Brighton the blades have to catch.  IF United win their next 4 games 2-0, and brighton lose all theirs 2-0, the GD is equal but brighton are still ahead by one point. The 5th game in the sequence is v Liverpool, while brighton play West Brom. I'll stick my neck out and say that's not going to happen is it.

I know we're in big trouble, but think how much worse it would be if they were "challenging for Europe".

• Like 2