The Humble Club - Abhorrence Of Arabia

Big Malc

On 23/11/2020 at 14:38, Nut said:

That would be fantastic but they've also had 2 years of prem money to add into that calculation, minus wages of course. So many clubs have a year or two in the prem then implode and pay for it for a long time afterwards. Would be great if it happens to them. I think unless you have Man City money, the Norwich way makes sense. I'd rather be up there for a season, spend very little, come down with loads of cash then go back up the season after than suffer for years financially because of paying ridiculous money to wasters you will come to hate. 

You need to be able to use the European market effectively too.

That's why I think Brentford would have done OK, because they have an in-depth knowledge of it.

That United seem clueless in this regard is really Abhorrence's fault, as it's his responsibility to establish the scouting networks there.

We need to do the same.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

You need to be able to use the European market effectively too.

That's why I think Brentford would have done OK, because they have an in-depth knowledge of it.

That United seem clueless in this regard is really Abhorrence's fault, as it's his responsibility to establish the scouting networks there.

We need to do the same.

To be fair to Brentford they seem to do well getting the best out of lower league players, bit like Wilder, obviously Watkins prime example, signed from Exeter and ends up getting sold for nearly 30 million. Think they'll end up selling Ivan Toney for a big fee if he continues his form aswell, another player plucked from League One.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Johnny Concrete said:

To be fair to Brentford they seem to do well getting the best out of lower league players, bit like Wilder, obviously Watkins prime example, signed from Exeter and ends up getting sold for nearly 30 million. Think they'll end up selling Ivan Toney for a big fee if he continues his form aswell, another player plucked from League One.

Think is with Toney is that he has took a while to flourish, he has had a couple of decent moves (Newcastle) but never seemed to kick on. Brentford do have a knack of getting the right players at the right time and playing them in the right formula.

On 23/11/2020 at 05:38, @owlstalk said:

Ah right 

That's it then

I'm 100% convinced

They can't be neutral because they're on the sponsors boards at other local teams

FFS

FFS I was just pointing out that they shouldn't be sponsoring one team in the area when broadcasting impartiality, 

i never said they're bias or anything. 

Put it this way you wouldn't see a councillor who say's they're impartial about the tree felling campaign , then wears a 

Monty Pythons tee-shirt with I'm a lumberjack and i don't care on it would you ?

And during these hard times wouldn't it have been better publicity sponsoring the likes of Chessy or Donny instead of them £100 million blunts.

Just a point about neutrality , Spain were neutral during WW2 but it didn't stop them refuelling U-Boats in southern Spain did it FFS. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Johnny Concrete said:

Yes, you're right.

There's no doubting that they know the British lower-league market.

I think that in the PL it's difficult to unearth British gems, and I reckon that it's overseas where clubs need to look.

I once read/heard that Brentford have a room in which people continually scour the foreign market.

Basically, it's all they do.

I bet they'd already got a list of overseas players lined up had they gone up, and they'll have one for if they go up this time.

Nobody can question Wilder's knowledge of the lower leagues here, but he's in the dark where the Continent is concerned.

I blame Abhorrence for that; it's not as if he didn't know what would happen if the Blades went up.

1 hour ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

January might be hilarious, seeing Uniteds attempts of finding players to win them survival 

All they have to do is not sell a player to their relegation rivals who returns to score the vital penalty against them in the final game of the season to confirm their relegation.

If they can just do that it's already an improvement on last time.

74138320-thumb.jpg

• Haha 5

12 hours ago, Uncle Mort AMB said:

If they are on there for free that could be still seen being indebted to that club .

Either way not a smart move at  just the one club when broadcasting impartiality , my main point!

I think you're looking into it too much. It's a local radio station having their logo on a local Premier League club's partnerships board. I'm sure if we were in the Prem and Utd weren't, the BBC would be wanting their logo on our boards.

Any Wednesday fans who normally listen to Radio Sheffield would have to be extraordinarily childish to suddenly stop simply because of this.