The Humble Club - Abhorrence Of Arabia

Big Malc

Messaged the son in law earlier (don’t even go there) asked him where the money had gone, were they injured or rubbish?

his reply

Bit of both really. McBurnie £20m, Berge £20m only real two that were starting. Mousset injured and Brewster £20m on bench. Likes of Bogle £8m doesn’t even get in the 18. Others like Freeman £6m and Robinson £6/7m have been in and already shipped out. He’s got an issue as we won’t pay for proven prem league players so needs to develop good championship ones with one eye on us being relegated (and being in a good position if it does happen, as most would stay)

As you can guess with the last bit, he believes the Prince will stick with Wilder in the hope he’d bring them back up

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, paulrs said:

What nobody mentions is the remarkable good luck they had with injuries in previous seasons. None of their first choice players missed a significant amount of games for two years.

Now O’Connell gets badly injured and Wilder ends up shuffling his team around more than he’s ever done before and lo and behold results go down the toilet. 

Bearing in mind we had catastrophic injuries ourselves during that period (15 players unavailable for our last game at the sty wasn’t it?) I genuinely think that if the roles had been reversed injuries wise we’d be ahead of them now. 

Regarding O'Connell, the fact he wasn't really replaced during the last transfer window has miffed quite a few pig mates i know. They don't seem to rate the lad Robinson who i have to agree has looked well below Premiership standard from what I've seen.

As others have said on here, the fact Wilderbeast is one of their own has simply bought him more time.

Problem is they have this very specific system and way of playing, so when a key figure in said style/system gets injured I imagine it's a right bugger to replace them, particularly when you are in the PL. 

In the Champ, swapping a few around here and there might not be so problematic. After all, it's a much more forgiving division and Dem Blades were on such a wave of momentum it was hard to stop them whoever came in. 

If Robinson was replacing O'Connell in the Championship then it probably isn't so much of an issue. As it is, you've got a pretty average Championship player having to come in for one of their best performers in the PL. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SiJ said:

Got a right strop on here. 

He's not very good at hiding the fact he's pi55ed off, is he? 

Reckon he's got a stressball under that desk? 

Never realised till today BBC Radio Sheffield on their sponsors board thought they are suppose to be impartial , haven't

seen them on any other local teams sponsors boards. 

Looking very much like three from four at the moment, with possibly Brighton another team potentially in trouble...though I think they have a fair bit more quality than the other lot. 

Out of those four, you'd probably back Burnley to get themselves out of it, given their level of experience and the manager in charge. Still - some really, really poor teams in the PL this season. Got to think whoever does stop up will do so with a pretty low point tally; somewhere in the low to mid-30s. 

Burnley will be fine now they are getting their key players back. Mee is their best player.

With Villa and Palace having good starts it feels like there aren't many options to get dragged back in to the mix. West Brom are poor and Fulham will ship too many goals, even if they do look quite good going forward.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Adem Poric said:

Burnley will be fine now they are getting their key players back. Mee is their best player.

With Villa and Palace having good starts it feels like there aren't many options to get dragged back in to the mix. West Brom are poor and Fulham will ship too many goals, even if they do look quite good going forward.

I don't see Burnley panicking...yet. 

I imagine Dyche is pouring over their stats to see they are on the right track, knowing full well if they keep doing what they do then it will likely turn. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

is that between them? 

tongue in cheek but I just can’t see pigs, Fulham and baggies getting going at all

Wonder what the lowest ever bottom 3 combined points total is in the PL... reckon this season will set a new record low if the start of the season is anything to go by 

Also is it just me or do Burnley seem to be playing all their games on a Monday this season?

Edited by beswetherick
  • Like 1

Guest LondonOwl313
4 hours ago, ChinaOwl said:

It is fair to say that I have not watched any of their games or had any inclination to. I have just followed the results of games. The scorelines against to top clubs in the division bar perhaps Chelsea have been respectable albeit losses. Maybe the scorelines didn't reflect the performances but I am loathe to chuckle too loudly when we are getting ripped a new ass off the likes of Rotherham.

I've watched pretty much every premier league game this season including theirs (sad I know but not got much else to do) and I'd say its a number of things. They miss Henderson, that Ramsdale's not on the same level. They also have a lack of quality up front and if anything the new expensive strikers are worse than the old ones, who weren't even prolific last season.

Last season they kept it very tight and nicked some goals but didn't score loads. This season they're leaking more and don't keep clean sheets. Then attempting to replace their promotion team upsets the balance and as a unit they're not as effective. They're still competitive in games as they were last season and only narrowly lose, Chelsea aside. But you expect them to fall on the wrong side of the margins with crap strikers and a few error prone defenders/keeper which wasn't the case last season. They're like the premier league version of us if anything.

I think they'll go down and one of Burnley or West Brom will put a few results together.

9 hours ago, ANDY said:

nope

i live in West Yorks. And, funnily enough I don’t give a shiney shíte what Leeds and Huddersfield are doing either. 

I used to feel the same but so many of that lot have been in my ear ever since we lost the Finals in 93 and especially since 2000 that I just had enough of it. I'm loving the silence from that quarter at the moment. Long may it continue.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Uncle Mort AMB said:

Never realised till today BBC Radio Sheffield on their sponsors board thought they are suppose to be impartial , haven't

seen them on any other local teams sponsors boards. 

Ah right 

That's it then

I'm 100% convinced

They can't be neutral because they're on the sponsors boards at other local teams

FFS

Owlstalk Shop

21 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Ah right 

That's it then

I'm 100% convinced

They can't be neutral because they're on the sponsors boards at other local teams

FFS

Exactly, the fact they are in the Prem with a far reaching audience has nothing to do with it either. 

Brewster will be desperate to get out of there,  total naivety leaving Liverpool's squad for this situation.  

I'm not sure how Wilder ever thought it was going to work either to be honest.

I reckon he will be shipped out on loan or sold for a small loss in January. 

• Like 1