Kenneth Zohore

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

West Brom fans very confused that they have given Zohore the number 9 shirt for the season, it is a bit strange that they have given him it if he is close to leaving?  They really don’t rate him. 

Let's be honest doesn't take much to confuse them, ever talked to one? Nearly as bad as Barnsley fans. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

If it’s a loan, players might not give a monkeys as they just want game time and they can escape if it goes badly. That’s where we will get the quality.

I notice Kachunga only has 1 year so he’s in the same boat.

Only FDB, Windass and to a lesser extent Dunkley are guaranteed for future seasons. 

It's scary how few players are contracted to us beyond this season. I make it 9.

3 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

If I was Kach I would be busting a gut every game so the manager would want to extend my contract or put myself in the shop window to give myself other options. 

Agree but that’s what all players should be doing. When signing a player we should be finding out how ambitious they are, no ambition then bin them off   

1 minute ago, Howards back said:

Agree but that’s what all players should be doing. When signing a player we should be finding out how ambitious they are, no ambition then bin them off   

Hopefully that's what the clubs does.   

I hope most players realise that they are probably in the best job they are ever going to have, its unlikely that it will ever get any better.

So for a few years don't take this job for granted.

58 minutes ago, Jim said:

It's scary how few players are contracted to us beyond this season. I make it 9.

If we stay up it’s probably ok as we are flexible to sign players again on an equal footing and hopefully one or two of the young players will have kicked on.

But if we go to league one we can only pay them 2.5k a week. So it would make sense to get a few more Windass type deals done if we can.

6 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

West Brom fans very confused that they have given Zohore the number 9 shirt for the season, it is a bit strange that they have given him it if he is close to leaving?  They really don’t rate him. 

They will just give that shirt to Deeney when Zohore moves

I think One year contracts are more a bone of contention than that of the minus 12. At the same time I am just as sure that alongside the initial One year deals will sit an undertaking to to extend and enhance these deals alongside players own efforts to increase their personal book value.

It could be that the free bus ride philosophy on the part of SWFC has ended.