Kenneth Zohore

7 minutes ago, Pieman said:

I know he isn’t flavour of the month on here, but Monk, Beattie and the rest of his team are far more professional that Warcock. Plus, it’s pretty much certain Warcock will not last more than 12 months at best before his 17th retirement. Monk has to deliver the goods, assuming he does, Ken is joining a club moving in the right direction, instead of seeking short term fixes. They will also be able to point to how they have developed the CFs who have played under them....

Would you like to make a small bet that even without the twelve point deduction warnock will get more points than monk. And that monk will lose his job before warnock. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Pieman said:

I know he isn’t flavour of the month on here, but Monk, Beattie and the rest of his team are far more professional that Warcock. Plus, it’s pretty much certain Warcock will not last more than 12 months at best before his 17th retirement. Monk has to deliver the goods, assuming he does, Ken is joining a club moving in the right direction, instead of seeking short term fixes. They will also be able to point to how they have developed the CFs who have played under them....

the main thing we have to offer is the number 9 shirt will be his and he will be first choice

at boro he will be fighting for a place with Asombalonga and Fletcher at least

Edited by yeadonowl
  • Like 1

1 in 4 or 1 in 5 at best. Depressing isn't it. So him added to a striker lost his way a striker who never got anywhere and a winger wingback full back centre mid behind striker now apparently a striker (if we didn't have 2 decent keepers Reach might be in goal next) who is never ever a striker. Looks good in a league all about how many goals you score 👍 

Edited by ashley8
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

As I say, a goal every 225 minutes in this division doesn't seem bad to me. 

For a big centre forward who can hold the ball up and bring others into play, that seems decent.

I just spoke to a Cardiff fan at work and his summary was "had one good season then lost his confidence and was terrible, we were amazed when we got £8m for him".

• Haha 1

Just not bothered...

Just now, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

well the season after he got 9 in 36 So I would take with a pinch of salt 

He's a Cardiff season ticket holder and goes to most of their away games.  I'll take his opinion over a bald stat any day.  And since when did 9 goals for a striker constitute a good season!  He's also scored 6 goals in the next 2 seasons!

• Haha 1

Just not bothered...

7 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

He's a Cardiff season ticket holder and goes to most of their away games.  I'll take his opinion over a bald stat any day.  And since when did 9 goals for a striker constitute a good season!  He's also scored 6 goals in the next 2 seasons!

He seems to be a confidence player, like Kachunga, his best season was in a promotion season. Played to his strengths he's capable of double figures but has well as scoring, he could bring others into play and despite being tall, he's quick and better with his feet. Which might suit us better than a typical and out and out target man, with his pace and dynamism, he could potentially be played in by Bannan and Brown, and link up with our attacking midfielders. 

• Like 1

I'm just shocked that the team on minus 12 hasn't been able to recruit the second coming of Brazilian Ronaldo.

Think people need to get realistic with their expectations.

This season is going to be about as much fun as...well, the previous three.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

I just spoke to a Cardiff fan at work and his summary was "had one good season then lost his confidence and was terrible, we were amazed when we got £8m for him".

Assuming his 'one good season' was 16/17, he still managed to score nine and assist five the following year. If he's capable of a goal every 298 minutes and a direct involvement in a goal every 191 minutes when he's lost his confidence and playing terribly, then imagine what he's capable of when he's firing on all cylinders.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Assuming his 'one good season' was 16/17, he still managed to score nine and assist five the following year. If he's capable of a goal every 298 minutes and a direct involvement in a goal every 191 minutes when he's lost his confidence and playing terribly, then imagine what he's capable of when he's firing on all cylinders.

You can never trust those "goal to minute" ratios. Goal involvement or 1 in 191 mins could mean he provides nothing for 2 games, then has a stormer of a match and provides a couple of goals and assists. 

Rhodes for example last season, 3 goals in one game... No goals in any of the rest! 

2 minutes ago, domSWFC said:

You can never trust those "goal to minute" ratios. Goal involvement or 1 in 191 mins could mean he provides nothing for 2 games, then has a stormer of a match and provides a couple of goals and assists. 

Rhodes for example last season, 3 goals in one game... No goals in any of the rest! 

They're not the be-all-and-end-all of course, and they won't capture all the detail of a player's form, but provided a player has played a decent number of minutes, they give a general indication of their goalscoring effectiveness across a season. 

Rhodes only played 684 minutes in the league for us last season, so it's easy to see why his stats will be skewed.

In the season I was discussing for Zohore, he played 2679 minutes and contributed a goal or an assist in 12 different games as opposed to Rhodes' one.

• Like 2

Wow just thinking how hard it is for those on here who try to be positive about everything.  Got there work cut out this transfer window. Gone from players who might do okay in lower premiership to players who might do well in lower championship/top end of league 1. Keep going though Anti negativity brigade 👍 keep smiling 😉 

Don't worry one day I hope your all right and we do have something ACTUALLY positive to cheer about.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

18/19.

Just not bothered...

44 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I'm just shocked that the team on minus 12 hasn't been able to recruit the second coming of Brazilian Ronaldo.

Think people need to get realistic with their expectations.

This season is going to be about as much fun as...well, the previous three.

I know what you're saying, but does that mean we just sign any sh*t striker we can?  Surely there are better options either lower down the leagues or youngsters from EPL who would be a better gamble for the money?

Just not bothered...

After the way Rhodes has worked out. Why bring in players in similar situation of could they do better and without Rhodes record before.... plus why waste it on a few potential duds why mot try for one decent striker.... competition needs to be who's best not who's not the worst! Beattie has his worked cut out lol every striker needs transforming! Might have them ready for the fight back in league 1 ......... surely Monk would not be here then though.......

• Haha 1