Kenneth Zohore

41 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

Think footballers generally will take financial gain over everything else. Money is the biggest motivating factor sadly.

The way Monk has been talking its pretty obvious that players are put off signing for the club due to the points deduction. 

Edited by Inspector Lestrade

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
46 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

Sh.1t Championship club?

Why do you bother?   

Little bit like Stockholm Syndrome...

We'e worried about players not liking the minus12 points in Championship. Footballers are a strange breed, and often they wantbregular football anywhere to sitting on the bench, or even only training, with little hope of getting a game.. A decent footballer may look and think 'I'm getting little football here because of the standard. If I go to a struggling club, I could be guaranteed a game regularly, and, who knows, maybe make a name for myself.'

Stranger things happen in football. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

The way Monk has been talking its pretty obvious that players are put off signing for the club due to the points deduction. 

Still you offer more money and longer contract there will be many takers. When you are offering the same as other clubs or less then yea the -12 has an impact.

Its still  just a  short term  job to many players these days. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Is this going to be GMs excuse now he’s got everything he has asked for? I was signing messi and aguero until they realised we were on minus twelve. 

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

Still you offer more money and longer contract there will be many takers. When you are offering the same as other clubs or less then yea the -12 has an impact.

Its still  just a  short term  job to many players these days. 

Offering More money and longer contracts is exactly why we’re in a financial mess in the first place.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Plonk said:

Is this going to be GMs excuse now he’s got everything he has asked for? I was signing messi and aguero until they realised we were on minus twelve. 

I don't know? How would I know that? Why ask me that?  You should be asking Mr Monk that question not me. I can only answer for myself not for Gazza, let him tell you, I don't know why you're asking me, I'm not Garry.

Sorry.

If it’s a loan, players might not give a monkeys as they just want game time and they can escape if it goes badly. That’s where we will get the quality.

I notice Kachunga only has 1 year so he’s in the same boat.

Only FDB, Windass and to a lesser extent Dunkley are guaranteed for future seasons. 

3 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

If it’s a loan, players might not give a monkeys as they just want game time and they can escape if it goes badly. That’s where we will get the quality.

Only FDB, Windass and to a lesser extent Dunkley are guaranteed for future seasons. 

If I was Kach I would be busting a gut every game so the manager would want to extend my contract or put myself in the shop window to give myself other options. 

9 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

You’d think a loan deal with an option to buy next summer would be the best deal for us, the player and WBA