Kenneth Zohore

6 hours ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Michael Gray said on TS that Wednesday and the attitude of some in the dressing room hastened his retirement as he fell out of love with playing .

I think he wasn't impressed with Mark Beevers and Tommy Spurr as he cited young lads who had just made the 1st team behaving like they had made it now and didn't have to respect or listen to anyone, he didn't name them but it was fairly obvious to a Wednesdayite that he meant those 2 

Well in that Undr the Cosh Gray episode, said the young lads were good and criticised JJ and Clarke. No mention of Spurr or Beevers having a bad attitude. Went on to say Clarke was one of the worse players for nasty attitude.

Edited by SwellOwl

3 minutes ago, SwellOwl said:

Well in that Undr the Cosh Gray episode, said the young lads were good and criticised JJ and Clarke. No mention of Spurr or Beevers having a bad attitude. Went on to say Clarke was one of the worse players for nasty attitude.

Clarke must have matured as he got older. If his attitude was so bad I don’t think he would have lasted under Wilder at the Pigs. 

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Clarke must have matured as he got older. If his attitude was so bad I don’t think he would have lasted under Wilder at the Pigs. 

People can change and he must have done. Gray said same that he was surprised to see same guy playing for them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Willow Owl said:

Dawson has been part of that solid defence surely.

Dawson admittedly hasn’t had a great deal to do but he has looked a lot more calm and assured with his catching and especially his kicking. 
Maybe best thing to happen was the new goalkeeper coach. Under Weaver I thought the keeper went backwards. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sheffwed1 said:

Dawson admittedly hasn’t had a great deal to do but he has looked a lot more calm and assured with his catching and especially his kicking. 
Maybe best thing to happen was the new goalkeeper coach. Under Weaver I thought the keeper went backwards. 

Keepers*
wont let me edit 

Guest Willow Owl
27 minutes ago, sheffwed1 said:

Difficult for both keepers last season when the defence in front of them was all over the place as well. As you say new coaching team, new ideas could be just what they need 

Shame if we aren’t able to get him due to wages but shows just how crazy football is. Not going to get games in the PL and could well be too expensive for anyone Outside of the PL to take on - bizarre!

Guess we’ll have to see what happens tomorrow when the ‘supposed’ talks take place.

7 minutes ago, Swiss Toni said:

Shame if we aren’t able to get him due to wages but shows just how crazy football is. Not going to get games in the PL and could well be too expensive for anyone Outside of the PL to take on - bizarre!

Guess we’ll have to see what happens tomorrow when the ‘supposed’ talks take place.

Don’t worry mate, it’s sorted !!  UTO 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

No more been held to ransom if he comes he comes on our terms, if WBA have put him on silly money it's their mess they can deal with it. We want players here who want to come and play not rob the bank.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
4 hours ago, kevtheowl said:

Don’t worry mate, it’s sorted !!  UTO 

It’s definitely not happening now. The kiss of death has spoken!

6 hours ago, Swiss Toni said:

We can't afford not to get him.

We're short up front.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

We can't afford not to get him.

We're short up front.

This is where things must change if the deal is right for us we get him if not we move on,otherwise we will never get out of this financial mess. 

If we can get Zohore, we’ll just need one more striker to complete the group. Although I’d have preferred us to look on the continent for a, maybe raw, but more dynamic number nine, Zohore would be a decent focal point. Not prolific, but with enough all round skills to lead the line. He’s strong, reasonably quick when gets into his stride, is not bad with the ball at his feet, and could be a threat in the air. For a guy of his size, heading is perhaps not his strongest asset. So if we were looking to buy, I’d have preferred a less experienced prospect, but on loan, Zohore will be more than useful. We’d then need to add someone with real pace to the group, to give us that option. Maybe another youngster on loan from a Premier League side, or perhaps we could revisit the Kendrah Simmonds deal.

Edited by gurujuan

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

If we can get Zohore, we’ll just need one more striker to complete the group. Although I’d have preferred us to look on the continent for a, maybe raw, but more dynamic number nine, Zohore would be a decent focal point. Not prolific, but with enough all round skills to lead the line. He’s strong, reasonably quick when gets into his stride, is not bad with the ball at his feet, and could be a threat in the air. For a guy of his size, heading is perhaps not his strongest asset. So if we were looking to buy, I’d have preferred a less experienced prospect, but on loan, Zohore will be more than useful. We’d then need to add someone with real pace to the group, to give us that option. Maybe another youngster on loan from a Premier League side, or perhaps we could revisit the Kendrah Simmonds deal.

If Simmonds was a top target, you don’t walk away unless you absolutely have to. He hasn’t gone elsewhere. If we can’t agree wages to buy at this time, maybe we can loan him in with an option and pre-agreed fee with City.