Kenneth Zohore

If Monk and Beats can get Zohore back to his Cardiff form then we’d have a decent player.  As others have said look what the pigs did with Clarke and McGoldrick, strikers we laughed about re-signing at the time and their attributes have contributed to their successes.

I like the idea of us having Zohore, Windass, Kachunga and Rhodes as striking options.  

• Like 3

As long as it’s a loan I’d be happy ? If he does ok then great if he not bothered which some wba fans have said then send him back ? If we are buying we really are taking a big gamble ? All our eggs in one basket? He as all the attributes we need big strong bit of pace for a big lad but big big gamble for a buy ??

I’m sure the owner has the means to pay his wages but there seems to be a new approach at the club and i don’t think whatever the new wage structure is will be broken, for Zohore or anyone else 

If he comes here I would imagine it will be down to some shrewd negotiation

Guest Willow Owl
2 hours ago, wilyfox said:

I will say this though...if we have the money to consider buying Zohore, why on earth did we not go for Lyndon Dykes? I really wish we had.

Wouldn't risk spending 2 million on an unknown Scottish striker. At least Zohore has championship experience.

Still have nightmares about Stevie May.

3 hours ago, sammo said:

He'll probably still come - and is definitely the right type of player we need. 

However I think all of us can safely say that we've had enough overpaid, underperforming primadonnas around the place recently. We know it's not worked in the past, so why bring someone in who's likely to upset the dressing room. 

I've finally got round to listening to some of the Under The Cosh podcasts and Michael Gray and a few others note how so many players we've had in the past completely take the p*ss at Wednesday. We need to get out of the mindset of signing bloated talent with negative attitudes. Young, hungry players are the key to success with the older heads we have in. 

Michael Gray said on TS that Wednesday and the attitude of some in the dressing room hastened his retirement as he fell out of love with playing .

I think he wasn't impressed with Mark Beevers and Tommy Spurr as he cited young lads who had just made the 1st team behaving like they had made it now and didn't have to respect or listen to anyone, he didn't name them but it was fairly obvious to a Wednesdayite that he meant those 2 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Michael Gray said on TS that Wednesday and the attitude of some in the dressing room hastened his retirement as he fell out of love with playing .

I think he wasn't impressed with Mark Beevers and Tommy Spurr as he cited young lads who had just made the 1st team behaving like they had made it now and didn't have to respect or listen to anyone, he didn't name them but it was fairly obvious to a Wednesdayite that he meant those 2 

I was correct all along with pizzagate

If he's travelling up here tomorrow a deal is close to been agreed, you can sort all that out in the comfort of your own home . Probably a few minor details, look around and a chat with the coaches to see if it's for him or not 

7 minutes ago, sethman75 said:

Would be an amazing signing if they can pull it off. 

Midfield looks class and the defence solid. 

Only issue for me would be keeper, Dawson is not good enough for 1st choice.

Got to agree it's a position I would be looking at, seeing others in the championship we should have better, I think that was a shrewd signing by toytown , the lad from Chelski looked decent at the stain before they got Henderson. 

1 hour ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Actually on Under The Cosh he specified those 2 as the good lads who wanted to be there and work hard.

Leon Clarke and JJ were two he named as an absolute disgrace. Story about Leon coming in stinking hungover and complaining of a hamstring twinge to get out of training. Said the same about him going into retirement.

1 hour ago, Lawrie Madden said:

What's that episode called can you remember?

25 minutes ago, sethman75 said:

Only issue for me would be keeper, Dawson is not good enough for 1st choice.

Dawson and Wildsmith are good enough options we don’t need another keeper