Kenneth Zohore

15 minutes ago, sammo said:

Actually on Under The Cosh he specified those 2 as the good lads who wanted to be there and work hard.

Leon Clarke and JJ were two he named as an absolute disgrace. Story about Leon coming in stinking hungover and complaining of a hamstring twinge to get out of training. Said the same about him going into retirement.

Used to work with a lad from Sunderland who had a few stories about Michael Gray as well. Let’s just say he fancied himself a bit. 

Guest hirstysfags
20 hours ago, kevtheowl said:

Think you’ll find it going down to the training ground to meet the lads !! lol UTO 

You're even a parody of yourself now. Fantastic 

35 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I hope, if he signs, we don’t resort to route one Our midfield is far too good to bypass, and I’m not even sure that heading is even one of Zohore’s strong points

I'm sure we won't but it's finding the right balance and not been predictable but effective, don't want us to go back to the slow passing round the back four,square pass back pass etc. And like yesterday Cardiff saw more of the ball but it's all about what you do with it when you've got it. I know we're streets away but that Arsenal 3rd goal yesterday  that's football at its best. 

1 hour ago, sammo said:

Actually on Under The Cosh he specified those 2 as the good lads who wanted to be there and work hard.

Leon Clarke and JJ were two he named as an absolute disgrace. Story about Leon coming in stinking hungover and complaining of a hamstring twinge to get out of training. Said the same about him going into retirement.

I stand corrected then but i would hardly call Clarke or JJ youngsters who had just made the 1st team as Gray definitely did 

2 hours ago, sethman75 said:

Would be an amazing signing if they can pull it off. 

Midfield looks class and the defence solid. 

Only issue for me would be keeper, Dawson is not good enough for 1st choice.

Agree with the last part, having said that Dawson kept a clean sheet against a decent Cardiff side so deserves a chance

I think we missed out on two decent, experienced keepers in David Marshall and Neil Etheridge who signed for Derby and Brum 

4 hours ago, Willow Owl said:

Wouldn't risk spending 2 million on an unknown Scottish striker. At least Zohore has championship experience.

Still have nightmares about Stevie May.

Made plenty of worse signings than stevie may. Yeah he didn’t work out but I think we made our money back by selling him.

Guest Willow Owl
2 hours ago, sethman75 said:

Would be an amazing signing if they can pull it off. 

Midfield looks class and the defence solid. 

Only issue for me would be keeper, Dawson is not good enough for 1st choice.

Dawson has been part of that solid defence surely.

Guest Willow Owl
5 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Made plenty of worse signings than stevie may. Yeah he didn’t work out but I think we made our money back by selling him.

My point was paying 2 million for Dykes an unproven Scottish striker would have been a massive gamble, whereas Zohore has proven championship experience.  

34 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

My point was paying 2 million for Dykes an unproven Scottish striker would have been a massive gamble, whereas Zohore has proven championship experience.  

This has been the problem with our approach in recent years, tending to overlook up and coming talent in favour of over-priced experience and players on the slide. Dykes was clearly a player on an upward curve. Since moving, he's already scored on debut for club and country. He will be worth multiples of the 2mil paid within a couple of years.

As for comparisons with signing Stevie May...Dykes has all the attributes to adapt well to the English game that May never had. Dykes is big, strong, physical, mobile, good in the air, and can finish. May was short, slow, lightweight, and weak.

4 hours ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Michael Gray said on TS that Wednesday and the attitude of some in the dressing room hastened his retirement as he fell out of love with playing .

I think he wasn't impressed with Mark Beevers and Tommy Spurr as he cited young lads who had just made the 1st team behaving like they had made it now and didn't have to respect or listen to anyone, he didn't name them but it was fairly obvious to a Wednesdayite that he meant those 2 

100% dont agree with this,everybody in the game I know says Spurr had a fantastic attitude, worked hard , nice lad, not a billy big balls.In fact the opposite.  

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, IWEDFM said:

Agree with the last part, having said that Dawson kept a clean sheet against a decent Cardiff side so deserves a chance

I think we missed out on two decent, experienced keepers in David Marshall and Neil Etheridge who signed for Derby and Brum 

no way would we have signed Etheridge on his wages !

Guest Willow Owl
10 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

This has been the problem with our approach in recent years, tending to overlook up and coming talent in favour of over-priced experience and players on the slide. Dykes was clearly a player on an upward curve. Since moving, he's already scored on debut for club and country. He will be worth multiples of the 2mil paid within a couple of years.

As for comparisons with signing Stevie May...Dykes has all the attributes to adapt well to the English game that May never had. Dykes is big, strong, physical, mobile, good in the air, and can finish. May was short, slow, lightweight, and weak.

It wasn't a comparison, I was merely stating that 2 million on an unproven Scottish striker is a massive gamble, and Stevie May was an example of what can happen. Zohore in my opinion, would be a safer bet as he has championship pedigree.

12 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

It wasn't a comparison, I was merely stating that 2 million on an unproven Scottish striker is a massive gamble, and Stevie May was an example of what can happen. Zohore in my opinion, would be a safer bet as he has championship pedigree.

Zohore still a gamble imo as a full signing? On loan no problem? Went to wba didn’t pull any trees up but scored a few that in actual fact got them up? Take his goals away still in this league so the 8m gamble worked ? Our 8m gamble didn’t ( Rhodes?) think he as everything in paper we’re looking for but at wot price? IF it’s a full signing we’re defo gambling on that he delivers? Hope he does ? 

1 hour ago, wilyfox said:

Good at eating kiwi fruit though 🥝