Kenneth Zohore

7 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

There’s no way we will bring in two forwards. After hopefully getting Zohore that will be it

I disagree. The smart move would be to sell Adam Reach and replace him with a kid like Simmonds. 

10 hours ago, gizowl said:

No more been held to ransom if he comes he comes on our terms, if WBA have put him on silly money it's their mess they can deal with it. We want players here who want to come and play not rob the bank.

That leaves you with a very, very, small pool of players to pick from.

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

If we can get Zohore, we’ll just need one more striker to complete the group. Although I’d have preferred us to look on the continent for a, maybe raw, but more dynamic number nine, Zohore would be a decent focal point. Not prolific, but with enough all round skills to lead the line. He’s strong, reasonably quick when gets into his stride, is not bad with the ball at his feet, and could be a threat in the air. For a guy of his size, heading is perhaps not his strongest asset. So if we were looking to buy, I’d have preferred a less experienced prospect, but on loan, Zohore will be more than useful. We’d then need to add someone with real pace to the group, to give us that option. Maybe another youngster on loan from a Premier League side, or perhaps we could revisit the Kendrah Simmonds deal.

I think the Simmonds deal will still happen as I think Monk will have one eye on next season with signing him as he perhaps has with FDB?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I hope not, you need at least five forwards over a season Last season we used nine

I seem to remember the season we tried to sign all the strikers, much good that did us... This season we seem to go for the solitary option... wish we could find some balance here 😄

Guest Kagoshimaowl
27 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

I disagree. The smart move would be to sell Adam Reach and replace him with a kid like Simmonds. 

Oh I’m not saying your idea is wrong. I totally agree. It just won’t happen that’s all.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
8 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I hope not, you need at least five forwards over a season Last season we used nine

That’s the problem. Monk thinks we have five

1. Rhodes

2. Windass

3. Kachunga

4. Zohore?

5. REACH....yikes!

He May even use Androdin the new striker from Everton. No way are we getting another one!

9 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Starting to think is it worth all this wrangling over? Not really demonstrating any desire to come here and if he's just going to come on a loan then its not really building for the future and his goalscoring record isn't so brilliant.  Maybe time to turn to other options.

Are we actually wrangling though ? It's all so deathly quiet in these parts.

• Like 1