Reach Riddle

I’ll start by saying he’s absolutely not a striker his touch is not anywhere near good enough to play through the middle full stop, but then what position is he best at? He’s been poor for two years now but I have sympathy that he can’t nail down a single spot in the team. Is he simply a “jack of all trades master of none” type or are we failing to play him in his true position?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, swfc1983 said:

I’ll start by saying he’s absolutely not a striker his touch is not anywhere near good enough to play through the middle full stop, but then what position is he best at? He’s been poor for two years now but I have sympathy that he can’t nail down a single spot in the team. Is he simply a “jack of all trades master of none” type or are we failing to play him in his true position?

Honestly he just doesn't have a place here anymore

He's ineffective in the positions where he would get a game
If we could get any sort of fee for him we should
I"ve been fan of his but his time here is clearly over now

• Like 6

Owlstalk Shop

I know he’s not been playing in the position that he should Be playing ..

but that’s no excuse for his Performance he had no interest in the game today ..

in my eyes he should be kept on the bench or not even in the squad until he improves his own performances.......

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

He's ineffective in the positions where he would get a game
If we could get any sort of fee for him we should
I"ve been fan of his but his time here is clearly over now

I tend to agree we seem to just shoehorn him in anywhere just so he plays. For me his best position is left wing back but like you say Penney, Harris and Odubajo all streets ahead of him in that area at the minute.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

He’s a winger. We keep trying to shoehorn him in to a system that doesn’t use wingers and it doesn’t work

True and given we don't play with wingers, his best position would be on the transfer list before we pay another player good money to see out their contract and leave for nothing. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

He's a 6-7/10 player. 

Looks better in a good team, unfortunately he's been pap when the going gets tough, which could have been guessed if you'd watched him play over 3 games. Another along with FF we should have sold and reinvested a while back

If your trying to compare Reach with Nando you don't know much about football. 

I think (hope) if he was given a dozen games in one position he'd recapture his form.

In truth, the bloke hasn't probably played more than 5 consecutive games in the same position since December 2018? I like him... he works hard, has an insane shot on him and is versatile. But I can't deny it, and I think any Wednesday fan that doesn't agree is in denial... he's completely done here. I'm sure if he moves on he'll do well for himself... but football is sometimes about being in the right place at the right time. We are no longer the right place for him, and it is not the right time for him in our squad.

• Like 4

A player along with Lees and Rhodes who were apart of the briefly successful era we had under Carlos and have lost their way and need a move to kick start their careers. Sadly the contracts that they’re on mean no one will touch them with a bargepole and we’re stuck with them until their contracts run out. Until then they are part of a squad who are led by a manager who hasn’t a clue how to use them effectively as today once again showed.

Edited by Jim

23 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

This basically, there are better players in his position at present, these tactics don't suit him but we are trying accommodate him in the team to our detriment.

Whatever we could get for him fee wise take it, he's been poor for 2 years now.