Reach Riddle

1 minute ago, Beholder said:

Are you being serious?

Reach has scored many times from the right. Spectacular goals too. 

It's as if you've never watched us. 

I’ve watched us plenty and only gave uo

my season ticket last season thanks. Two  of his worldies were straight through the middle coming onto the ball. He’s instinctive rather than has a plan. 

My point still stands, we will find it harder to score playing left footers one the right and right footers in the left.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Honestly he just doesn't have a place here anymore

He's ineffective in the positions where he would get a game
If we could get any sort of fee for him we should
I"ve been fan of his but his time here is clearly over now

How many players have we said that about in this current system though? 

Who looks good in this 352 we've been trying to play for the last 15 games? Who have we beaten with this formation? When have we played well under this set up?

My worry is that I can Reach being a starter in a promotion winning team like Brentford or Norwich, he's not a world beater but he's a good attacking player that can give you 7/10 performances every weekend in the right team. He has all the talent and has shown it, we just aren't getting the best out of him, people forget how good he was 12 months ago. (15 goal involvements, goals + assists, a team high). But yes, if nothing changes and the price is right selling would sadly be a valid option.

If we really don't have the funds to bring in quality players we surely should be building around the younger ones we have that have shown talent and have plenty of potential? The likes of Reach, Irofa, Harris, Windass?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim said:

A player along with Lees and Rhodes who were apart of the briefly successful era we had under Carlos and have lost their way and need a move to kick start their careers. Sadly the contracts that they’re on mean no one will touch them with a bargepole and we’re stuck with them until their contracts run out. Until then they are part of a squad who are led by a manager who hasn’t a clue how to use them effectively as today once again showed.

Successful era 😂😂

If Monk continues with the 3-5-2 formation I can’t see him getting into the starting 11 when everyone is up to speed. His most successful period was two seasons ago scoring great goals cutting in from the right wing. His most effective though was when he first arrived playing as a left winger in a 4-4-2 where he gave balance to the team.

Penney coming on as sub to great effect today illustrated how much Reach has regressed this last 12 months. Lad needs a new start somewhere he can play in a settled position.

• Like 1

Personally I don’t think he’s ever been that good, certainly not as good as some think. We definitely overpaid for him, and we’d struggle to get half of that now His delivery from the left is good, as us his long range shooting from the right. The rest is poor

• Like 3

2 hours ago, gizowl said:

If your trying to compare Reach with Nando you don't know much about football. 

Oh yeah? 'Nando' hasnt turned up(on the pitch) for long enough in my opinion & allegedly wasnt putting in the effort...made a mint in wages out of S6, & now without a club in the Championship,or allegedly anywhere as far as i know....And someone disagreeing about a player,doesn't mean they know jack..****..FF should have been shown the door after the Norwich game.

Edited by parajack

2 hours ago, swfc1983 said:

I’ll start by saying he’s absolutely not a striker his touch is not anywhere near good enough to play through the middle full stop, but then what position is he best at? He’s been poor for two years now but I have sympathy that he can’t nail down a single spot in the team. Is he simply a “jack of all trades master of none” type or are we failing to play him in his true position?

LEFT WING BACK

Its so flippin obvious it hurts. 

Penney (rightly) getting plaudits for his 30 minutes. Do we think he’d have done so well at striker or CM? ie the positions Monk plays Reach. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, swfc1983 said:

I’ll start by saying he’s absolutely not a striker his touch is not anywhere near good enough to play through the middle full stop, but then what position is he best at? He’s been poor for two years now but I have sympathy that he can’t nail down a single spot in the team. Is he simply a “jack of all trades master of none” type or are we failing to play him in his true position?

hes lightweight, you need balls to hack it in this league.

He’s terrible, simple as that! As people have compared him to Rhodes, I’d agree, there was a player there but both have them have fallen off a cliff! 
Reach lacks pace, first touch is awful, can’t shoot, bottles tackles, .....honestly, I’d love someone to actually tell me what he is good at? 
I’m sick of watching him now. Even in his best position, I’d pick Palmer, Odubajo, Penney, Harris......and no doubt a couple of others ahead of him. 
It’s laughable that Monk played him upfront today, I think it might have been 2 birds with one stone.

1. set Reach up to fail so easier not to pick him.

2. A cry to the board to get another striker in! 

Embarrassing today, Rhodes should have played. 

Was looking at some games when he first came and played wide left. He was very good going forward, and put a shift in getting back to defend. Since then he had a short purple patch playing wide right, but the opposition worked him out quickly (cutting in on his left peg) and since then he has shown he isn't good enough playing a variety of other positions.

He didn't want to play wide left from even when CC was here, so I'd be telling him he either plays wide left (if he can secure a place there given the others who can play that position) or I'd move him on.