Reach Riddle

15 hours ago, fudge27 said:

Looks better in a good team, unfortunately he's been pap when the going gets tough

I couldn't disagree more.

Post Carlos when no one else was fit, Reach carried the team on his shoulders, he was outstanding.

Having said that he is right out of form and I don't think there's a place for him in the current setup.

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Even as a left winger, he can’t do what Penney did. He doesn’t have that turn of pace to get to the byeline, so unless he developed some Waddlesque trickery, he wouldn’t be a success there either

I agree mate he is a poor player, I call him the bishop as he can only run in diagonal lines

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Even as a left winger, he can’t do what Penney did. He doesn’t have that turn of pace to get to the byeline, so unless he developed some Waddlesque trickery, he wouldn’t be a success there either

Ross Wallace was one of our slowest wide men since Chris Sedgwick but was successful...You don’t need pace to play wide. A lot of Penney’s good crosses yesterday came in early, a touch or two and cross. You don’t have to get to the byline. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CF_Owl said:

Ross Wallace was one of our slowest wide men since Chris Sedgwick but was successful...You don’t need pace to play wide. A lot of Penney’s good crosses yesterday came in early, a touch or two and cross. You don’t have to get to the byline. 

You don’t, and Waddle was a classic example of that. Reach is not as smart as Waddle or Wallace though

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

You don’t, and Waddle was a classic example of that. Reach is not as smart as Waddle or Wallace though

I agree he hasn’t got their technical ability but I think people are just finding this season’s scapegoat. Surprise surprise a left winger/wingback is poor up front in a team that is poor all over the pitch. If we stuck Bannan up top yesterday would their be the same reaction? 

Yes Reach is in poor form but he’s not a terrible player. The whole club has been in poor form for a while on and off the pitch.

• Like 1

He's very fit, runs around a lot, and.........that's it, really. Where the exciting player of the past has gone to, I really don't know, but on his current form, he shouldn't be considered for the first team. Perhaps go out on loan somewhere. It's really sad, I'm sure he's a lovely lad, but his confidence seems shot.

Could not believe what I was hearing in Monk's post match, he said him and Adam agree that he'll be most utilised through the middle this season. 

For me if Reach isn't on the wing he's a waste of a shirt, completely. That's not even having a pop at him really, he's a good player on the wing. It's completely bizarre from Monk.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Reach isn't a good footballer per se but he's a decent winger. I.e. his touch, passing and ball control aren't actually that good (that's why he looks like Petter Rudi on acid in CM) but he does deliver quality in the box, something which we lack with Harris on a consistent basis. 

For me, if Reach isn't on the wing then leave him out, and if he's playing through the middle then that says more about our lack of decent central midfielders. 

• Thanks 1