BREAKING NEWS - NEW STRIKER / WINGER / FORWARD - ELIAS KACHUNGA!!!

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I always find it really really weird that:

1) People think they know players from other clubs so intimately they can decide if it's a bad signing or not
2) People think players don't come good under different managers/systems/clubs/styles
3) People think they know the contractual process during the last month during Covid and unprecedented times

I'm excited
We've got a new player under a new era

Welcome Elias!

You really need to bring back the neg button lol

1 minute ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

Considering what position we are in with the -12 I think its a decent signing. 

I think so far we have done ok considering our situation. 

This. I think it cripples you in terms of attracting the best we could afford. Fans have got to realise this reality. We are not as attractive a team to sign for than many at this level, at the moment and it shows in how tough it's been to sign forwards. But... the ones that do come here must want to help us out of this bad situation. They must have some sort of fighting spirit. Hopefully it will show on the pitch. 

Edited by TheEnchanter
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Yeah that's a good way of looking at it, he's almost certainly an upgrade on Da Cruz. Honestly with our striking options I think it's a case of beggars can't be choosers.

The likelihood of us getting a 20 goal a season man was slim even before -12.

Fletch was our best bet, but he wanted too much.

The fact is other parts of the team are going have to step up and contribute. 

Not including Fletcher, only Murphy really stepped up.

Edited by SiJ
  • Like 2

Good solid signing. 

I can’t see how anyone can have complaints with the business we’ve done. 

Drastic reduction in outgoings, retained a good quality of player.

Main issue being quantity! We either needed to keep a couple from last season or, sign additional players quicker. 

If it takes us until the end of the transfer window but we recruit another striker, A defensive minded midfielder and, a goalkeeper we’ve had a very good window.

• Like 5

How can anyone critisise him? He's not even kicked a ball for us yet

I'm quite happy with this signing, he's still only 28, comes on a free, has pace and scored 13 goals in the season Hudds got promoted

Yes his scoring stats have not been great since then but Huddersfield struggled last season so will have something to do with it. They've also changed their manager about four times in the last 2 years so a constant change of tactics, systems won't have done him any favours either

Let's get behind him and give him a chance

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It's pure narcicissm
I was listening to Five Live yesterday and there was an expert on discussing why people do things like that

It's purely a narcissistic exercise to make themselves feel better by projecting an image that they know more than anyone else on the subject
By putting themselves forward as an expert they get an intoxicating rush, and this gets addictive to the point where they'll post anything just to appear the expert again
That was one reason. The other reason is that they're just scared of something and unhappy with their own lives

Don't believe that crap its pseudoscience. 

I've seen lots of that nonsense of late. Trying to cast people who have differing opinions as having sociopathic tendencies. 

• Like 1

I’m certainly no expert that’s why sometimes you have to be led by the stats......16 goals in 126 games..........you can understand who some are a little deflated.

But you never know S6 might be a good fit for the lad, even if his name sounds more like a Bond villain than a footballer.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Get behind him.

People having a meltdown before the bloke has even kicked a ball.

And we wonder why some players go missing at S6? 

Agree, I think he's a decent free transfer signing. My only issue is we could have had him in sooner.

He's a player who has been played out of position as a winger, had 2 years in EPL, always going to impact goalscoring when your team defends for 95% of the game. His first season at Huddersfield he scored 12 with 4 assists. Last year, in a very poor huddersfield side, again as a winger scored 3 with 5 assists in 36 games. 

He knows the league, a busy hard working team player, bit of pace and who knows, could be decent. Let's give him a chance.

• Like 2

Just now, SiJ said:

The likelihood of us getting a 20 goal a season man was unlikely even before -12.

Fletch was our best bet, but he wanted too much.

The fact is other parts of the team are going have to step up and contribute. 

Not including Fletcher, only Murphy really stepped up.

Maybe we can get 10-13 from kachunga, windass and another striker rather than trying to rely on one for 20+? We havnt had a 20+ striker for years anyway.

1 minute ago, 0wl18 said:

Good solid signing. 

I can’t see how anyone can have complaints with the business we’ve done. 

Drastic reduction in outgoings, retained a good quality of player.

Main issue being quantity! We either needed to keep a couple from last season or, sign additional players quicker. 

If it takes us until the end of the transfer window but we recruit another striker, A defensive minded midfielder and, a goalkeeper we’ve had a very good window.

Also, players suited to the preferred 3-5-2!

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You know when we pulled our new management team together?

You know...

Very very recently?

Well don't you think...  don't you just think... that as result of that team being put together, that they might just have recommended a few players that we then investigated, contacted, negotiated with and signed?

You know...

Just a theory...

They must have recommended him after young Att followed him then.

He let the cat outta the bag 3 weeks ago.

Another signing from the owners 11 year old sons Instagram list 

Every player on this 11 year old list eventually signs for us. 

Anything is possible at the Hillsborough lunatic asylum

The should change the name of the ground to Middlewood 

Huddersfield couldn't buy a goal last season 

• Haha 1