BREAKING NEWS - NEW STRIKER / WINGER / FORWARD - ELIAS KACHUNGA!!!

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Gotta say - top marks for trying to wedge an anti-monk post somehow into ANY  / EVERY thread no matter how clumsy it is

Think about it. Our next manager is already here. 4 signings and two arguably recommended by him. If you think this is an anti-**** post then fair enough but it's just an observation. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Whinging and whining on a forum doesn't get you quality or better results either. 

Yes exactly so people whinging about negativity won't either. Are you happy with how things are looking.... remember we got rid of 8... needed to but 8 and so far do you think we are building a team or squad to keep us up let alone the beginning of a squad to get promoted eventually........ gone from throwing money at players to the gamble bin. I want them all to be successful. I'm sick of being let down.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, ashley8 said:

Underwhelming.... so far the clear out which was necessary yes but we are buying and bringing in players to make a good league 1 team. We didn't get relegated. So far so many players who could.... Could be good but could be squad fillers. Please those complaining  about negativity... complaining because  you want better is not negative. Clapping crap doest get results or better quality. 

It's about being more effective as a team. They might look underwhelming signings on paper but football isn't played on paper. We needed more pace; athleticism, dynamism, creativity, energy, solidity and to be better at both ends of the pitch. We bought what looked like individuals that could get us promoted or in the mix in the past and we're still paying the price of that approach. 

Sadly, some of them didn't fit how we wanted to play, underperformed and had not much or any re-sale value. What I see recently, is more of a long term approach and building a younger more dynamic squad that can play how Monk wants us too. To be honest I can understand why some feel underwhelmed but we weren't going to throw money at it after the points deduction and shortened pre-season. Brown does look like a coup to me and FDB looks promising. We'll have to see, it will be a difficult season but as long as we stay up, the future could get brighter. 

Edited by The Night-Owl
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Sham67 said:

Apart from the 46 he's scored in the 150 games when he's been played as a striker,  you're spot on. 

That sounds more encouraging. I thought there was a thread about him a bit ago and it stated that he had hardly scored in the last few years. Happy i'm wrong

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, full fathom five said:

MEH!!! 

Another non scoring striker

27 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Elias Kachunga has 46 goals and 22 assists in 150 games when playing as a centre forward or second striker

• Love 1

Guest Therealrealist
5 minutes ago, hatcheeks said:

That sounds more encouraging. I thought there was a thread about him a bit ago and it stated that he had hardly scored in the last few years. Happy i'm wrong

4 in last 75 games

1 minute ago, ashley8 said:

Yes exactly so people whinging about negativity won't either. Are you happy with how things are looking.... remember we got rid of 8... needed to but 8 and so far do you think we are building a team or squad to keep us up let alone the beginning of a squad to get promoted eventually........ gone from throwing money at players to the gamble bin. I want them all to be successful. I'm sick of being let down.

Yes I am

Yes I do

Forget promotion

Who's let ya down and how, bearing in mind all you have to do is support the boys. 

Guest Grandad
1 minute ago, hatcheeks said:

4 in the last 3 years

Lets hope he can remember how to play as a striker

27 minutes ago, Steelman said:

Absolute steaming pile of dog muck signing.

A player released by Hudderfield........ let's consider how prolific they are for a second shall we??? Not to mention the fact that he can't pass, shoot or control a ball. But he's fast so let's all Jizz ourselves because he's got pace. Might as well sign Usain Bolt in that case.

Embarassing signing, my Huddersfield mates are laughing their heads off. 

And just when I thought we'd started to make sensible signings...... then we bring this joke of a footballer in.

FML!

Absolutely correct 

• Haha 1