BREAKING NEWS - NEW STRIKER / WINGER / FORWARD - ELIAS KACHUNGA!!!

10 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

So we have signed 2 players who were there both with bags of pace and bags of potential but hey lets pull the negatives out.

He’s 28, there’s not much potential there & his goal scoring record in his peak years isn’t great.

I suppose anybody is better than nobody but it’s telling he’s been without a club til a  few days before the season starts.

I’ll concede your point about Brown.

Just now, Binky Griptite said:

FAO anyone slagging him off before a ball is kicked - he's here, we ain't taking him back to the shop for a refund, he's ours now so get behind him and the rest of the team

Agree. I've been vocally critical of not having any strikers. I'm realistic that we won't be bringing in a top top player. But the lads we do bring in really need to be backed from the start to have a chance. I hope he settles in fast and becomes a good player for us. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Big Rons Hairspray said:

He’s 28, there’s not much potential there & his goal scoring record in his peak years isn’t great.

I suppose anybody is better than nobody but it’s telling he’s been without a club til a  few days before the season starts.

I’ll concede your point about Brown.

His peak years are about to hit him from about 28 for a striker. He like many other out of contract players will have been assessing what is best for them so it's not telling me anything. There are many players in the same boat and I expect the market to liven up now players will be knowing what wages are realistic in the current covid climate.