Connor Wickham

19 hours ago, agentwalker said:

The guy has got the attributes to be a decent striker but hasn't got a clue how to use them. Could JB get the best of of him? Who knows.

I think JB could make a big difference. We've had no striking coaches for ages so someone to specifically work with the strikers could really help make us stop wasting so many chances.

If he is available on decent wages I might give him one more shot. But only if he's the best available ( we need someone of his ilk).

16 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Was out on loan last season, can you honestly see him making the current Liverpool starting 11.

Definitely worth a try.

The way he's started pre season I can see him making the bench more maybe in place of Origi can't see why they would send him to us.

I agree he was mostly poor on loan last season but in his defence, he'd started 4 matches in the previous 4 years. He spent most of his time here getting match sharp. 

He would be a huge gamble that could really go either way. He could spend most of the season on the treatment table but equally, if fit and sharp he could be the top scorer in this division. 

Whether it's worth the risk is all to do with the finances and other options we have available in the market. 

11 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

I’m a fan of a 100% fit Connor Wickham.

As we’re giving our opinions like.

He didn't give the impression of been 100% fit, was slow off the mark and very cumbersome in my opinion.   Which is a shame as a few years ago he looked the business.

I can't see CP using him on a regular basis will probably see out his contract getting the odd loan here and there.

Guest wilyfox

We need a striker capable of playing 40 games next season. I’d have zero faith Connor would do that. As much as I like the player, I really hope we’re looking elsewhere for someone more robust. 

Recently read a book about England during the war of the Roses, In it a man is chained to a rock which he has to drag everywhere as part of a punishment. My first thought when I read this was Connor Wickham moving around the pitch.

• Haha 1