Connor Wickham

2 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Id take him back in a heartbeat. Yes he is injury prone. But........

He WANTS to play for us.

He has qualities.

We have Tony Strudwick.

If we could get him fit as he showed glimpses of doing after lockdown then we would have a quality player on our hands.

That being said he would be out of our wage structure and with just a ye ar left on his contract i suspect Palace wont be interested in a loan unless its an obligation to buy.

How many times have we tried that with players and not succeeded?

Just now, matthefish2002 said:

How many times have we tried that with players and not succeeded?

I get what your saying but he showed over lockdown his desire to do it.

There are not many players who actually want to play for us. Especially ones with his qualities. The Jon Beswetherwicks of the lower leagues would love too but he's got quality.... if you can get him fit.

10 hours ago, agentwalker said:

The guy has got the attributes to be a decent striker but hasn't got a clue how to use them. Could JB get the best of of him? Who knows.

When he was with us a few years ago, He'd definitely got the right instincts and knew exactly how to use them. You don't lose that.

I agree he wasn't fantastic when he came back but he looked like he wasn't fit, he was blowing after about 30 minutes when he started. He got better as time went on but he still looked overweight. He is a big bulky unit so maybe I'm wrong on that last point.

I think with a good preseason and a run of games we would see a different player, he'd be quality at this level.. Whether we could afford him is a completely different issue, so is whether he could keep injury free for 85% of the games.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, prowl said:

When he was with us a few years ago, He'd definitely got the right instincts and knew exactly how to use them. You don't lose that.

I agree he wasn't fantastic when he came back but he looked like he wasn't fit, he was blowing after about 30 minutes when he started. He got better as time went on but he still looked overweight. He is a big bulky unit so maybe I'm wrong on that last point.

I think with a good preseason and a run of games we would see a different player, he'd be quality at this level.. Whether we could afford him is a completely different issue, so is whether he could keep injury free for 85% of the games.

That’s it, he had all the attributes to be an excellent striker at this level, maybe not Premier League, but definitely Championship Given his fitness issues in recent years, he is no longer that player, so the question is, can he get his career back on track, and are we in a position to gamble on him doing it. 
If all the risk was taken out of any such deal, yes he’d be an excellent replacement for Fletcher, but Palace aren’t going to offer us such a deal

• Like 1

Guest Jack the Hat
10 hours ago, agentwalker said:

The guy has got the attributes to be a decent striker but hasn't got a clue how to use them. Could JB get the best of of him? Who knows.

Do you mean beets?

8 hours ago, Blue and white said:

Would sooner see us go in for someone like Rhian Brewster on a season long loan.

Definitely won’t happen. BBC sport yesterday highlighted him as a youngster who has the potential to get in the England set up ahead of the Euros next year. 

That said, and call me naive here, but he was OKAY at swansea, nothing more.  

9 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

Definitely won’t happen. BBC sport yesterday highlighted him as a youngster who has the potential to get in the England set up ahead of the Euros next year. 

That said, and call me naive here, but he was OKAY at swansea, nothing more.  

although I think we would all settle for that OKness😏 Agree though, no chance of him returning to the championship

I thought him n Rhodes had a couple of decent games together,why would you not get him back,on loan,no brainer??Good target man,which we havnt got,infact no dont lets just go into new season with 1 forward....m'eh

People on here in dreamland,say NO hes not good enough,lol,who do you think we are??...

Beggers cant be chooses....

2 weeks to go...no forwards training with squad,he knows us,get him in quick...IMO...

(Deluded fans again...we are way to good for him)

UTO...

Edited by DIPPS_S.W.F.C

5 minutes ago, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

I thought him n Rhodes had a couple of decent games together,why would you not get him back,on loan,no brainer??Good target man,which we havnt got,infact no dont lets just go into new season with 1 forward....m'eh

People on here in dreamland,say NO hes not good enough,lol,who do you think we are??...

Beggers cant be chooses....

2 weeks to go...no forwards training with squad,he knows us,get him in quick...IMO...

(Deluded fans again...we are way to good for him)

UTO...

We'd pile all our resources into him to wait for him to get fit to play between 15-25 games a season on nice money for him to be in decline towards the end of his contract and leave on a free. 

So its a no from me. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hack-Abusi said:

Wickham certainly doesn't fit in to the category of young, fit, hungry players.

Looked an absolute cart horse at times with not having regular football. A shadow of the player we had previously under Gray.

Needs a hell of a lot of football to get up to speed

I disagree I think he looked very hungry, looked like he spent most of lockdown in Nando’s.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hack-Abusi said:

Wickham certainly doesn't fit in to the category of young, fit, hungry players.

Looked an absolute cart horse at times with not having regular football. A shadow of the player we had previously under Gray.

Needs a hell of a lot of football to get up to speed

Maybe fits into the hungry category. 

• Haha 1