Connor Wickham

Guest wilyfox

Fond memories of Connor, but he was blowin' out his arse most of the time. He's played so little football the last 4yrs, I simply don't think we could depend on him.

1 hour ago, torryowl said:

IF  he could stay fit and palace pay a hefty percentage of his wage then he'd be a good addition who'd youd back to get  12-15 goals  if played regular ......

I'd love to know how you came to that conclusion 

He couldn't look more uninterested if he tried 

Injuries aside I don’t think he was good enough his last spell with is. I do think he can remain fit though. 

Problem I thought was he almost always had his back to goal. Similar problem majority of our forwards have had for yesrs. He’s got a quality strike with both feet and we barely saw him shoot. Not even able to shift and hit it.

Hoping if he does come back or someone similar we do keep trying to recruit pace. With pace in the side and Brown more advanced I think it’d free up players like Wickham and they could shine. There’s definitely a class player in there, but as proven far to often we don’t bring it out of our forwards.   

• Like 2

He would be a waste of a wage based in last season. We need young and out to prove a point, Not injury ravaged squad fillers. Wickham isn’t the answer to what we need up front and would struggle to complete a full season without breaking down. In the games I saw him in his fitness was sadly lacking. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, torryowl said:

IF  he could stay fit and palace pay a hefty percentage of his wage then he'd be a good addition who'd youd back to get 12 -15 goals  if played regular ......

I'm not sure minus 3 goals will help us this year

Edited by bobness
  • Haha 6