Dejphon Chansiri - Sheffield Wednesday Chairman - Thread

8 minutes ago, heppers said:

As long as he got the first 2 months off and then he started on a Monday and left on the Thursday.

Was Chansiri to soft with him then.? Thought he done well to attract Bruce here. Just unlucky really how things turned out. 

Maybe that put Chansiri off bending over backwards again to secure a top manager for us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

Was that a Carlos call? 

I cant honestly remember, but I thought we booted them all after his second season?

It was... Paul Smith telling him that playing Lee and another couple of players  was risking them being out for a long time but he didn't take his advice and got shut afterwards...guess what happened

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

Thats the thing as well. 

We were never valued. We were never part of the journey. We were viewed as customers and blamed directly for bad signings and for players being nervous and not being able to play at Hillsborough. Then, in between the blame, we've just been ignored and treat with silence. 

I believe he did want to take the supporters along with him actually  - as long as they agreed with his vision of doing things

In the very beginning his team approached corporate sponsors to get opinions

and then proceeded to completely ignore, then insult them with ultimatums and alienate them 

he then did it to the fans with the fans' forums apparently called to exchange views but I understand he was the one doing the talking something witnessed again at a meeting with said sponsors to cool tension but instead he shouted people down.

I really really want him to be successful but IMHO he set off on the wrong foot after week 2 since then he mistook the adoration for his spending power and total fear he will walk away for agreement with his running of the club 

Edited by steelowl
  • Like 2

Interesting article here with an interview with Chansiri, where he keeps saying " his people" telling him what is said about him and Paxo on social media. 

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/sheffield-wednesday-owner-dejphon-chansiri-17954113

Just a shame he chooses to ignore what the supporters are saying. 

• Like 2

I was going to go into details but will para phrase

We started the season under a transfer embargo because financial statement had not been filed, players sign Borner, Harris, Odabajo had to play as trialist until we could formerly acknowledge them.

We lost our manager in Bruce on the 17th July but instead of bring in a replacement went for the cheap option of Bullen until he showed he was not up to it. In arguable our easiest start to a season in 40+ year we lost 3 and won 3 of our first 6 before Monk took over.

Monk got no transfer window and we only signed 2 loans and 2 signing after the 3 free agents in the summer, 1 loan and 1 of the signing have never played a single minute of league football once again more money wasted on players not needed.

Monk came in and didn't not mess too much with the team and we were 3rd by Christmas. Then  senior players in KW, SH, JR, SW, MB were not allowed to play and other senior pros either got dropped or got injured. The team slide down the league and recorded just 13 points out of the next 63 points on offer and the manager as of this morning still has a job.

Of the pitch the club had charge brought against it for the timing of the sale of the stadium and training ground to a company run by the chairman wife. These proceeding have now been over the club for 8 months with no end in sight.

To plug the gap in funding the club tried to get fans to buy 10 years season tickets price at £3,500 - £5,500 not surprisingly very few people took up this offer.

All in all other than not wasting millions on players we don't need, releasing the high wage earners out of contract I am struggling to see what DC has done this season to be proud off other than his trip to Disney land when the poo was hitting the fan with the EFL. If I have missed anything I do apologise.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

There’s a fair bit in here, good and bad, that ultimately falls at the door of the manager at the time, and not Chansiri.

Imagine the uproar if he had been involved in things like players getting dropped. 

😬