Dejphon Chansiri - Sheffield Wednesday Chairman - Thread

3 minutes ago, Grandad said:

When did he sack all the physios? And replace them with physios who weren't qualified to enter the field of play - and so we had to have separate matchday physios too?

Was that a Carlos call? 

I cant honestly remember, but I thought we booted them all after his second season?

6 minutes ago, Grandad said:

When did he sack all the physios? And replace them with physios who weren't qualified to enter the field of play - and so we had to have separate matchday physios too?

What?? Didn’t know about that! I knew that Paul Smith was sacked etc. But not the bit about the under qualified staff we replaced them with.

Edited by bigdan2003

1 hour ago, Owls-Fan said:

Awaits a couple of members to come along with the usual “what have you done for the club?” “Why don’t you invest £300m of your money and see how far you get” and the classic “where’s the long list of millionaires queuing to buy us?”. Oh and the standard “careful what you wish for, we could be like Wigan”

Sadly I reckon points 3 and 4 are very relevant and valid.

I think he’s totally lost interest and would sell if he could find a buyer - many people would love a new owner but there’s no guarantee of getting better than Chansiri, regardless of what some of us think.

My big fear is that he can’t find a buyer and decides he’s no longer willing to fund the club.  He’s virtually no chance of getting his money back now anyway, so why keep losing more?

Just hope he reads Owlstalk and picks up on Daveyboy’s post.  It’s the only way I can see a happy ending to this sorry tale.

2 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

There’s a fair bit in here, good and bad, that ultimately falls at the door of the manager at the time, and not Chansiri.

Imagine the uproar if he had been involved in things like players getting dropped. 

What Chansiri you mean?  Do we know he wasn't?  Alot of players froze out in the last 5 years.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It was reported on here quite a bit at the time but we all got told to shut up by the Uberfans

I knew Paul Smith was sacked. Which was bizarre at the time, but didn’t know they were replaced by people who didn’t have the necessary qualifications to even get on the pitch. Is that why we see the club doctor enter the pitch quite often? 

If I was going to spend 200 million on a fleet of expensive cars to be a successful premium car hire firm the first thing I'd do is make sure I had a brilliant team of mechanics to look after my investment in a fantastically equipped garage. I'd build an international team of experts who know about cars to help me find them and buy them. I'd bring in the best CEO I could find to look after the business and I'd have a business plan put together with top business consultants. I'd have my contracts for hire drawn up by a top law firm and I'd take on a marketing team who know the industry.

That might cost me 20 million, the price of a couple of my cars.

I know nothing about premium car hire but I'd not go bust.

SWFC on the other hand has no discernible vision, infrastructure or strategy.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Rev Owl said:

If I was going to spend 200 million on a fleet of expensive cars to be a successful premium car hire firm the first thing I'd do is make sure I had a brilliant team of mechanics to look after my investment in a fantastically equipped garage. I'd build an international team of experts who know about cars to help me find them and buy them. I'd bring in the best CEO I could find to look after the business and I'd have a business plan put together with top business consultants. I'd have my contracts for hire drawn up by a top law firm and I'd take on a marketing team who know the industry.

We bought all our cars from Arthur Daley.

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Rev Owl said:

Its honestly such common sense. Look at how Leeds, Brighton and Wolves have built the club up by having talented, smart people running the show. All three now in the PL. Norwich City with Stuart Webber. I'm convinced that if we had gone down this route we would now either be in the top flight or at the least have far more to show for the £200m invested- which is essentially fizz all. 

It is an ego thing. DC thinks he knows better than anyone else. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, striker said:

Appreciate his financial support, would like to say more than that, but I can't. 

On the most recent season. Went into hiding after Bruce left, popped up after 2 months to unveil Monk and has been absent ever since. 

I can't comment on plans, strategy,  because I haven't got a clue what it is. 

The monk unveiling was strange. I wouldn’t exactly describe Chansiri as ‘optimistic’ in that interview. Quite bizarre. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

I knew Paul Smith was sacked. Which was bizarre at the time, but didn’t know they were replaced by people who didn’t have the necessary qualifications to even get on the pitch. Is that why we see the club doctor enter the pitch quite often? 

I don't believe this is true. Maybe the people who took over were less experienced but we wouldn't be allowed to employ people under qualified for physio roles for insurance reasons. Any injured player treated by them would be able to sue the pants off the club.

7 minutes ago, dykwim said:

The monk unveiling was strange. I wouldn’t exactly describe Chansiri as ‘optimistic’ in that interview. Quite bizarre. 

It was, some suggested he was tired, but he looked pissed off at having to be here. 

8 minutes ago, dykwim said:

That's just Monks general aura rubbing off on him.

Someone on cocaine would want to nod off after a few minutes of *Garry* talking.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, striker said:

It was, some suggested he was tired, but he looked pissed off at having to be here. 

That’s how I saw it. If it were me, even if I was knackered and jet lagged I’d have shown some enthusiasm for the future with the new (8th choice) manager I’d just brought to the club. 

His body language said it all - can’t be arsed anymore and really don’t want to be here. 

• Like 2