Dejphon Chansiri - Sheffield Wednesday Chairman - Thread

4 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Awaits a couple of members to come along with the usual “what have you done for the club?” “Why don’t you invest £300m of your money and see how far you get” and the classic “where’s the long list of millionaires queuing to buy us?”. Oh and the standard “careful what you wish for, we could be like Wigan”

You forgot ten-bob millionaires

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Has decided to lurk in the shadows away from the front line (probably a wise choice) but in all honesty, I feel like he has decided to accept Championship mediocrity and look towards a more like a QPR-type model (sign average players on frees and finish mid-table), rather than attempt another promotion push. Still if you believe Alan Nixon then he believes he will invest again heavily next season, but I’ll have to see it to believe it.

2 minutes ago, Timothy Fields said:

He's made money by putting big fish in tins, but here he's been messing about with little tiddlers. 

Criticise by all means but please stick to the facts vis-a-vis his business activity.

1 minute ago, daleblue said:

I think under the circumstances mr Chansiri is doing all he can, its not his fault we are in this position, that's down to the EFL, he has recruited a top Manager with experience in the Premiership so that we already have some one in place when we get promoted, the fans have to take some blame as well for not buying into the many schemes the Club have initiated, fans forums have also had a detrimental effect on Mr Chansiri's personal life, which in fairness he has shown to be above these recriminations, and has shown a great deal of humility when dealing with fans problems. 

I think as fans some of us need to take a long hard look in the mirror. 

Well done Mr Chansiri for saving my Club.

I thank you.

Fishing-and-lockdown-fishing-exercise-latest-news-coronavirus-1259607.jpg

• Haha 3

For one I think he has learnt the lessons around FFP, though he hasn't had much choice and learnt the hard way. In order to move forward he needs to work within the restraints set out by the EFL and will only achieve this by drastically restructuring the club. Start by hiring an accountant who is capable of submitted accounts on time. (I'm available have 30 years experience, contact me for a copy of my CV).

He needs to get rid of Paixao and set up a proper recruitment and scouting team. The focus as many on here have said time and time again needs to be on signing young ambitious footballers, not who is tied to whatever agent suits a purpose.

Move on players that aren't going to play for the club again, pay up their contracts, take the hit and move on.

Allow the manager to bring in his own coaching team and structure it the way they want.

Don't interfere with team selection.

AndyTrig

FCCA 

• Like 3

I used to have plenty of goodwill towards DC but that has been eroded by his utter incompetence and fookwittery in running the club. I look at where Leeds and the pigs were a few years ago, both a shambles. Look where they are now. Can any of us honestly say that under DC our club will have a similar dramatic positive turn around all the way to the Premier? From experience and viewing how he operates the answer is a resounding No. I'm convinced that if we are to get out of this division under DC it will be to league one and possibly beyond that. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

i don't think he understood nor researched satisfactorily the risks and threats that are involved in football investment. Certain people in and around Sheffield Wednesday prior to the takeover knew and took advantage of that. It would have been wiser in my opinion for Dejphon Chansiri not to try to change things so quickly. He got too many people involved in decision making from a very early stage each with their own personal objectives and agendas. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2020-07-23 at 09.18.58.jpg

Thought we'd have a thread about the Chairman to discuss his performance as our chairman, his plan, strategy, achievements, and how he's set up the football club for success this season.

If we're going to be discussing the success of the football club then Chansiri is the figurehead, the leader, the overall decision maker at Sheffield Wednesday

So how do you think he's done this season?

awful, thats it

I’ve never doubted his good faith, but another embarrassing season for us.

It’s disappointing for me that Monk is trending on Twitter, and if you have a look most people are calling for him to go. Monk is not the real issue here and is a scapegoat, the issue is Mr Chansiri.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Dunkstar said:

Nice man. Needs help. Won't get help.

He probably thinks he has had help but its from the wrong people. He needs to realise this but I'm not sure he will.

He wouldn't expect a footballer to rock up to buy a seafood company without proper help so he should look at it the same way. 

Sadly we're several years into his tenure and the penny hasn't dropped yet.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Carbone said:

I’ve never doubted his good faith, but another embarrassing season for us.

It’s disappointing for me that Monk is trending on Twitter, and if you have a look most people are calling for him to go. Monk is not the real issue here and is a scapegoat, the issue is Mr Chansiri.

I would have agreed but the Chairman doesn't train and send the players on the pitch and decide the tactics. Both of them have a way to go before redemption