Dejphon Chansiri - Sheffield Wednesday Chairman - Thread

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

This has long been my own worry

A little online research on him shows he has links and ties to many far east sports investment companies. Now this is purely my own opinion. But my view is he is the front man for a consortium. 

1 minute ago, Animis said:

But surely the HMRC's rules on anti money laundering would prevent UK-based businesses being involved in this practice. The EFL also have their own Directors & Owners test.

The Wigan Athletic thing, Carsen Yeung, Tony Xia - Funny how most of the most dodgy people in football seem to come from the far eastern regions, isn't it? However, there are many more reasons for moving capital, not all of them are illegal.

Just now, ChinaOwl said:

The Wigan Athletic thing, Carsen Yeung, Tony Xia - Funny how most of the most dodgy people in football seem to come from the far eastern regions, isn't it? However, there are many more reasons for moving capital, not all of them are illegal.

The Birmingham events of 2017/18 before Monk was appointed seems to suggest some similarities, with intermediaries, Darren Dein and HK-based investors. I thought the OADT was suppose to stop this, but as you say, the Wigan fiasco suggests not.

Your comment about moving capital is interesting in a football context - I maintain though, that if you have capital, why would you send it into another country to prop-up a badly run loss-making business. They may as well throw it straight into HK's Victoria harbour.

47 minutes ago, Animis said:

Your comment about moving capital is interesting in a football context - I maintain though, that if you have capital, why would you send it into another country to prop-up a badly run loss-making business. They may as well throw it straight into HK's Victoria harbour.

Accounting and taxation things probably. Reduce the amount of taxed profit by "investing" in your unprofitable business to keep it afloat, be it loans or other methods.