Dejphon Chansiri - Sheffield Wednesday Chairman - Thread

1 minute ago, james o connor said:

A cancer on the club which he is running into the ground 

Really ??  Cancers on clubs are the type of people that have just sent Wigan down the road to oblivion mate,  Steve Dales of this world ,  Mammadov if he’d got his grubby hands on the club 

Have a word with yourself, The chairman has made some huge mistakes I won’t deny that, and he needs to learn quickly how not to repeat those mistakes , things aren’t perfect and likely won’t ever be but if your seriously gonna throw words and accusations like that about you need to give your head a shake 

Guest Therealrealist
2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Really ??  Cancers on clubs are the type of people that have just sent Wigan down the road to oblivion mate,  Steve Dales of this world ,  Mammadov if he’d got his grubby hands on the club 

Have a word with yourself, The chairman has made some huge mistakes I won’t deny that, and he needs to learn quickly how not to repeat those mistakes , things aren’t perfect and likely won’t ever be but if your seriously gonna throw words and accusations like that about you need to give your head a shake 

‘Learn quickly’ ?  Your making out this is his 1st season ffs

Nice man and I genuinely believe he cares, theres no doubt about that. 

But he has absolutely no idea how to run a football club. I don't think he has any idea how to run a business to be honest. So many of the mistakes he's made arent due to lack of football experience, it's been just awful, wreckless management of finances. 

For me he had us in a position at the end of that first season where he was close to bringing this club back from the dead and making it everything we'd all dreamed of since the 90s. It didn't quite happen which isn't his fault but since then he has taken us in the opposite direction and driven this club into the abyss and into something I personally struggle to feel any emotional attachment to anymore. 

It's a shame to see us in this state when those memories of Wembley and what could have been are so still fresh in the mind.

Edited by poite
  • Like 1

Just now, Therealrealist said:

‘Learn quickly’ ?  Your making out this is his 1st season ffs

No I’m not, if it comes across like that then that wasn’t my intention 

He’s had ample time to learn and has made huge mistakes, he knows this and we know this and it can’t happen again 

Therefore he needs to quickly learn or take on board others advise to stop this because it can’t happen again, but I’m willing to give him that opportunity because I think we could be doing far worse for an owner than Mr Chansiri , to be calling him a cancer on the club is massively massively overreacting and we would do well to take a look at Wigan’s situation 

Guest Therealrealist
1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

He’s had ample time to learn and has made huge mistakes, he knows this and we know this and it can’t happen again 

Therefore he needs to quickly learn or take on board others advise to stop this because it can’t happen again, but I’m willing to give him that opportunity because I think we could be doing far worse for an owner than Mr Chansiri , to be calling him a cancer on the club is massively massively overreacting and we would do well to take a look at Wigan’s situation 

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Go on you are dying to say it..that tragic old cliche..’carefull what you wish for’...of course we could get another chairman who knows nothing...but believe it or not..we cud get an owner who totally transform this basket case of a club

12 hours ago, striker said:

Appreciate his financial support, would like to say more than that, but I can't. 

On the most recent season. Went into hiding after Bruce left, popped up after 2 months to unveil Monk and has been absent ever since. 

I can't comment on plans, strategy,  because I haven't got a clue what it is. 

Let's be honest, neither has he!

Simple truth is if he were an employee he would have been sacked for gross incompetence a long time ago. Obviously as owner he isn't going to sack himself but he either needs to get someone in who knows how to run a football club or sell to someone else.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Five years.

Think of taking over a business and learning nothing after five years.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

We are heading into oblivion. I suggest you give your head a shake . It costs in excess of 40 quid to watch this team . A team who are terrible, really terrible . The chairman is as clueless and useless as the day he walked in . It shocks me how anybody can still be deluded enough to to support him. He’s useless , he is running the club into the ground . You say he needs to learn quickly. He’s been here 5 years and we are worse than ever. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Guest Therealrealist

You can’t help somebody who doesn’t want help..anybody who knows a drug addict or alko will know this

Guest Grandad

Having recovered from real cancer and fully experiencing all of the horrors of it - I find the description of Chansiri as a 'cancer on the club' really offensive

The guy is a misguided arrogant fool. Maybe

But a cancer? You should ask for your comment to be removed mate. Too far.

2 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Having recovered from real cancer and fully experiencing all of the horrors of it - I find the description of Chansiri as a 'cancer on the club' really offensive

The guy is a misguided arrogant fool. Maybe

But a cancer? You should ask for your comment to be removed mate. Too far.

He should be removed as well as his comments

13 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

Five years.

Think of taking over a business and learning nothing after five years.

He hasn’t learnt nothing 

and don’t start comparing football with business eh ,  utterly pointless 

I live in Spain at the moment so don,t get to see matches very often  What i do see though is what a terrible atmosphere there is around the club. I see a chairman who is very stubborn and has what appears to be no idea of the culture of living in Sheffield. We are a big family really, not very wealthy like our southern friends, but we are very loyal, but charges one of the dearest on the gate prices in the league, ( if not the premier league as well ).He has lost most of the fans because of the total  disrespect for our involvement with the club, OUR CLUB !!! We get absolutely no information from the club about anything, these bits of info keep you tied to the club.Every time you see Hillsborough on the television, you are reminded of whats going on at our club behind the scenes. False companies on the advertising boards, empty corporate boxes, because of the unrealistic prices wanted.. Well Mr Chairman, i think next season you will see the consequences of your actions, Apart from the poor people who have paid inflated prices for their season tickets you will see thousands of empty seats all around the ground. The type of guy needed to manage our side now is somebody like Jack Charlton, who stood for no poo. When Jack arrived at our club,i was at Hillsbrough the night when we had to beat the mighty Gillingham, managed by an ex piggy player Alan Hodgkinson, to stay in the old 3rd division. Come to think about it , nothings changed has it ?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Billque said:

When Jack arrived at our club,i was at Hillsbrough the night when we had to beat the mighty Gillingham, managed by an ex piggy player Alan Hodgkinson, to stay in the old 3rd division. Come to think about it , nothings changed has it ?

????????

Er... hate to break it to you, but it was Southend, not Gillingham, Len Ashurst was our manager (it was 17 months before Big Jack came) and Alan Hodgkinson never managed anyone (although granted he was assistant manager at Gillingham at the time in question).

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

I keep hearing this time and again , Chansiri needs to learn , he's now had 5 years to see the era of his ways , how much longer does he need? We went close first 2 season's , last 3 nowhere near .....he gambled it didn't pay off and now we are looking at a possible points deduction and league One football again.

I have got a season ticket on early bird but am really not relishing next season at all , wished now I'd have kept my money , I honestly think while ever we have this man in charge we will never go anywhere but tread water.

Edited by Watto