Dejphon Chansiri - Sheffield Wednesday Chairman - Thread

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah...

Just imagine that.

Imagine if the Chairman had told players they couldn't play/train at the club anymore

IMAGINE that

It's be ridiculous

Especially if that player then cleared off and went on to play in the Premier League or summat...

That would be like a whacky fairy tale that... 

Who? Genuinely can’t recall that happening. 

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2020-07-23 at 16.24.42.jpg

Here's a random photo of an international and premier league footballer playing for England

Bloody hell.

Thought you meant someone who’d actually had a career, not a handful of sub appearances. 

It was acknowledged at the Fans Forum by Katrien Meire that the club had messed up with Hirst and Clare, and they were moving towards it not happening again.

I meant from the point of senior players like McGugan, Lachman etc. He acknowledged he banned Abdi because of his antics on Instagram, but I find it very hard to believe he’s been involved in players who’ve had an actual significant role in the squad. 

13 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

Bloody hell.

Thought you meant someone who’d actually had a career, not a handful of sub appearances. 

It was acknowledged at the Fans Forum by Katrien Meire that the club had messed up with Hirst and Clare, and they were moving towards it not happening again.

I meant from the point of senior players like McGugan, Lachman etc. He acknowledged he banned Abdi because of his antics on Instagram, but I find it very hard to believe he’s been involved in players who’ve had an actual significant role in the squad. 

what did Abdi do on instagram?

3 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Interesting article here with an interview with Chansiri, where he keeps saying " his people" telling him what is said about him and Paxo on social media. 

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/sheffield-wednesday-owner-dejphon-chansiri-17954113

Just a shame he chooses to ignore what the supporters are saying. 

The same recruitment and scouting network in place for the last 5 years according to DC, yet the scouts in Germany have managed to find 1 player in that time. Presumably these same scout we had went Carlos had to look through 200 player to decide on JVA.

The reason people don't believe what come out of the chairman's mouth, is because he contradicts himself from interview to interview and the actual facts don't back up what he is saying.

The team that got to the play off final needed 3 players and a bit of pace, not 13 players with no pace.

I am past caring with him and I am getting to the opinion nothing will chance because DC genuinely thinks he is doing a good job. £100m+ wasted on recruitment to have a team 5 years later, worse than he bought from Milan and he is doing a good job. 

• Like 6

Guest hk_owl

If we were where Leeds are now... none of the FFP, ground sale, fake sponsors, no stripes, Club18-30, terrible signings, frozen outs, nowt in the megastore, cake balls, golden elephants, Presto Stand and shady advisors would matter.

We’re not, so it does. I support Chansiri, but it hasn’t been the best season. I suspect the league table and the balance sheet need no Thai translation.

53 minutes ago, modboy said:

what did Abdi do on instagram?

In the words of DC.

He put a few posts on over the summer at training camps, gyms etc. saying stuff like ‘Fit and ready for the Season!’

Then on the first day back of Pre Season he asked to sit out of everything saying he was injured. It carried on for a few weeks so DC called him in and said he was making everyone at the club look like idiots by saying publicly he was fit, but telling them he wasn’t. He then banned him from playing for Wednesday, not sure about training though. That was only for Abdi’s last season though iirc.

• Thanks 1

Guest Grandad
1 hour ago, NeonLeon said:

Bloody hell.

I wonder if that's why she's not here now

5 minutes ago, Grandad said:

I wonder if that's why she's not here now

Her role at Wednesday is definitely something I’d knock DC on.

She basically guided him through the MEGA Fans Forum in 2018, and I’ve heard she’d done the same at other fan engagement things. Yet when a fan asked what her role was she said it was solely Academy and Matchday experience. It blew my mind that she clearly had more of a grasp over how to run an EFL club than DC had, yet she was left to sort out youth contracts in the academy and setting up a fair in the megastore car park. 🤦🏻‍♂️

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NeonLeon said:

Bloody hell.

Messed up by offering him a contract he neither earnt or deserved ?  And then refused to get bullied into making it even MORE than he had earnt or deserved  

About time the other side of the hirst story came out ,  preferably from Hirst Snr 

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

Messed up by offering him a contract he neither earnt or deserved ?  And then refused to get bullied into making it even MORE than he had earnt or deserved  

About time the other side of the hirst story came out ,  preferably from Hirst Snr 

No just making sure their first pro contracts were long and secure enough, in the clubs favour, that by the time they showed their value there was no chance of them having less than a year left. Which would theoretically stop young players asking for insane money after a handful of games. 

12 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2020-07-23 at 09.18.58.jpg

Thought we'd have a thread about the Chairman to discuss his performance as our chairman, his plan, strategy, achievements, and how he's set up the football club for success this season.

If we're going to be discussing the success of the football club then Chansiri is the figurehead, the leader, the overall decision maker at Sheffield Wednesday

So how do you think he's done this season?

You should have run a poll on whether he should go or stay , similar to what u did about Monk?

• Like 2