Dejphon Chansiri - Sheffield Wednesday Chairman - Thread

Just now, Billque said:

I live in Spain at the moment so don,t get to see matches very often  What i do see though is what a terrible atmosphere there is around the club. I see a chairman who is very stubborn and has what appears to be no idea of the culture of living in Sheffield. We are a big family really, not very wealthy like our southern friends, but we are very loyal, but charges one of the dearest on the gate prices in the league, ( if not the premier league as well ).He has lost most of the fans because of the total  disrespect for our involvement with the club, OUR CLUB !!! We get absolutely no information from the club about anything, these bits of info keep you tied to the club.Every time you see Hillsborough on the television, you are reminded of whats going on at our club behind the scenes. False companies on the advertising boards, empty corporate boxes, because of the unrealistic prices wanted.. Well Mr Chairman, i think next season you will see the consequences of your actions, Apart from the poor people who have paid inflated prices for their season tickets you will see thousands of empty seats all around the ground. The type of guy needed to manage our side now is somebody like Jack Charlton, who stood for no poo. When Jack arrived at our club,i was at Hillsbrough the night when we had to beat the mighty Gillingham, managed by an ex piggy player Alan Hodgkinson, to stay in the old 3rd division. Come to think about it , nothings changed has it ?

We had a chairman with a vision then ....Bert McGee....He understood what was needed .......Jack Charlton................Chansiri doesn’t understand football or South Yorkshire people....

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

????????

Er... hate to break it to you, but it was Southend, not Gillingham, Len Ashurst was our manager (it was 17 months before Big Jack came) and Alan Hodgkinson never managed anyone (although granted he was assistant manager at Gillingham at the time in question).

Yeah...bit of a blip there. However he's  from Barnsley so his memory might be slanted lol

Edited by daveyboy66
  • Haha 1

Guest Therealrealist
14 minutes ago, Billque said:

I live in Spain at the moment so don,t get to see matches very often  What i do see though is what a terrible atmosphere there is around the club. I see a chairman who is very stubborn and has what appears to be no idea of the culture of living in Sheffield. We are a big family really, not very wealthy like our southern friends, but we are very loyal, but charges one of the dearest on the gate prices in the league, ( if not the premier league as well ).He has lost most of the fans because of the total  disrespect for our involvement with the club, OUR CLUB !!! We get absolutely no information from the club about anything, these bits of info keep you tied to the club.Every time you see Hillsborough on the television, you are reminded of whats going on at our club behind the scenes. False companies on the advertising boards, empty corporate boxes, because of the unrealistic prices wanted.. Well Mr Chairman, i think next season you will see the consequences of your actions, Apart from the poor people who have paid inflated prices for their season tickets you will see thousands of empty seats all around the ground. The type of guy needed to manage our side now is somebody like Jack Charlton, who stood for no poo. When Jack arrived at our club,i was at Hillsbrough the night when we had to beat the mighty Gillingham, managed by an ex piggy player Alan Hodgkinson, to stay in the old 3rd division. Come to think about it , nothings changed has it ?

The poor people who have paid inflated prices for their season tickets...the Uber’s are not goin to like that comment😄

50 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Really ??  Cancers on clubs are the type of people that have just sent Wigan down the road to oblivion mate,  Steve Dales of this world ,  Mammadov if he’d got his grubby hands on the club 

Have a word with yourself, The chairman has made some huge mistakes I won’t deny that, and he needs to learn quickly how not to repeat those mistakes , things aren’t perfect and likely won’t ever be but if your seriously gonna throw words and accusations like that about you need to give your head a shake 

Chansiri's biggest downfall has been his bad judgement when it comes to those he chooses to take advice from. 

• Like 1

I strongly suspect that he is a rich kid who doesn't like to be told that he is wrong. I think this is a dangerous combination.

What I can see with my own eyes is that the bloke is a raging numpty and utterly clueless in how to run a football club.

Whether he meant well or not, whether he is a nice guy who has just made mistakes, is all academic. At the end of the day he has been at the wheel and he has turned us into a proper mess.

I am astonished, frankly, that any supporter would now defend him.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Chansiri's biggest downfall has been his bad judgement when it comes to those he chooses to take advice from. 

Am not so sure he takes advice at all to be fair

13 hours ago, daleblue said:

I think under the circumstances mr Chansiri is doing all he can, its not his fault we are in this position, that's down to the EFL, he has recruited a top Manager with experience in the Premiership so that we already have some one in place when we get promoted, the fans have to take some blame as well for not buying into the many schemes the Club have initiated, fans forums have also had a detrimental effect on Mr Chansiri's personal life, which in fairness he has shown to be above these recriminations, and has shown a great deal of humility when dealing with fans problems. 

I think as fans some of us need to take a long hard look in the mirror. 

Well done Mr Chansiri for saving my Club.

I thank you.

Thanks Att....... Jesus 

lol

• Like 1

I remember when he first came to the club in 2015, he was hailed as the new Messiah by lots of fans , remember a pre season match at York where fans were bowing to him as he got out of his car, he must have thought what is going on here , these people really love me .

Never will he have been worshipped like that or ever will again after he eventually leaves so he's on a massive ego trip, agreed he's spent millions of pounds and gambled with getting us to the promised land but he'll now be wanting to recoup some of that money and the only way to do that is premiership football ( not likely to happen in the next few seasons).

In my opinion the only way out of this mess is we somehow get someone to buy him out but that could be a very long time.

2 minutes ago, Watto said:

I remember when he first came to the club in 2015, he was hailed as the new Messiah by lots of fans , remember a pre season match at York where fans were bowing to him as he got out of his car, he must have thought what is going on here , these people really love me .

Never will he have been worshipped like that or ever will again after he eventually leaves so he's on a massive ego trip, agreed he's spent millions of pounds and gambled with getting us to the promised land but he'll now be wanting to recoup some of that money and the only way to do that is premiership football ( not likely to happen in the next few seasons).

In my opinion the only way out of this mess is we somehow get someone to buy him out but that could be a very long time.

You don’t get into football club ownership to recoup money 

The money he’s spent has gone, and he knows it’s gone , Premier League promotion or not because if he does get to the PL he will he expected and probably willing to invest again , heavily 

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

You don’t get into football club ownership to recoup money 

The money he’s spent has gone, and he knows it’s gone , Premier League promotion or not because if he does get to the PL he will he expected and probably willing to invest again , heavily 

It will never happen under him 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BRADDO said:

I used to have plenty of goodwill towards DC but that has been eroded by his utter incompetence and fookwittery in running the club. I look at where Leeds and the pigs were a few years ago, both a shambles. Look where they are now. Can any of us honestly say that under DC our club will have a similar dramatic positive turn around all the way to the Premier? From experience and viewing how he operates the answer is a resounding No. I'm convinced that if we are to get out of this division under DC it will be to league one and possibly beyond that. 

Both purely by ,in Utds case stumbling on the right manager, and Leeds going out on a limb and getting the right man

If DC had appointed either of those two  we wouldn't be posting in this thread,  as it wouldn't exist 

37 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Yeah...bit of a blip there. However he's  from Barnsley so his memory might be slanted lol

Tell you what, we (Wednesday) could do with some of the bottle Barnsley showed at Brentford !!! By the way i am and always have been from Sheffield. I stood on the Kop in all weathers in the sixties . Season ticket holder for years m8.

46 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

????????

Er... hate to break it to you, but it was Southend, not Gillingham, Len Ashurst was our manager (it was 17 months before Big Jack came) and Alan Hodgkinson never managed anyone (although granted he was assistant manager at Gillingham at the time in question).

Didn't want to put my neck on the line with that ,but yep that's how I remember it 

3 minutes ago, Billque said:

Tell you what, we (Wednesday) could do with some of the bottle Barnsley showed at Brentford !!! By the way i am and always have been from Sheffield. I stood on the Kop in all weathers in the sixties . Season ticket holder for years m8.

So could Barnsley  ,then they wouldn't have to rely on teams being docked points to stay in the league 

• Haha 1

He breezed into the club and immediately righted some of the wrongs, opened dialogue with fans and seemed to be doing the right things, the close season after Wembley was a total disaster and its been largely downhill ever since, his last interview didn't give any indication that he thinks he's got it wrong or has any plans to change, he's a danger to very existence of the club.

• Like 3

Ran the club into the ground for me.

Made prices sky high for awful football and appointed really poor managers ( apart from Steve Bruce who mugged us off) 

Chansiri once told me to my face that he would never put this club in trouble with FFP or have an embargo  - not true.

He even mentioned other clubs that were going to fall foul of FFP ... that didnt happen.

I get it that he means well, I get it he has spent a lot of money, but if only he got some good solid advisors in he could have built a legacy here.

The club will get relegated to L1 under his watch 100%

Edited by TaxiMark
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Sheff74 said:

I strongly suspect that he is a rich kid who doesn't like to be told that he is wrong. I think this is a dangerous combination.

What I can see with my own eyes is that the bloke is a raging numpty and utterly clueless in how to run a football club.

Whether he meant well or not, whether he is a nice guy who has just made mistakes, is all academic. At the end of the day he has been at the wheel and he has turned us into a proper mess.

I am astonished, frankly, that any supporter would now defend him.

6C9893E4-3006-4BE3-B1B3-019C99000EC2.gif

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop