Dejphon Chansiri - Sheffield Wednesday Chairman - Thread

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Sorry - not gonna happen

People can have an opinion on the performance of our chairman without any need for having some kind of 'clarification'

We don't yet know the outcome of that 'performance' or what the way forward is. 

12 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

Started out very promising. Did all the right things, said all the right things. Seemingly brought in experienced football people to help. The club made shrewd signings in 2015, didn’t break the bank. 

After Wembley it went pear shaped. Wasted money.

Any experienced football person we’ve employed hasn’t stuck around. 

No strategy. No structure. 

Not all his fault, I think Carlos needs to take some blame for the on-field decisions in the seasons after Wembley. Abdi for example, I refuse to believe that he turned into a poor footballer overnight...and all of those injuries to other players. What the hell happened. 

I want Chansiri to succeed. I want him to stick around if he’s willing to continue to invest. But he has got to wake up. Bring in people who know how to run a football club and know how to engage with fans.

The 150th year celebrations were a disaster. They didn’t get it. 

Mistake was at very start, employed manager who has made a career out of one season appointments so was always going to be boom or bust in first two years rather than a long term plan.

Signing since Wembley been very poor.

But last year or two looked for better value (iorfa and Harris) and used loan market better ( hector last year Murphy this year).

Firmly believe we know we are not getting a points deduction and have known for weeks, lots of dead wood and massive earners off payroll recently and I will happen no this clos season will target 2-3 decent players in right areas of team commanding fees (ties up to Nixon on Twitter saying we are chasing players like this) combined with a few free signings and a couple of loans.

Desperately need:

A leader in the team (preferably at back to keep us focussed) - missed this since loovens left.

Need some pace and tenacity in midfield to compliment bannan (kid at man city sounds good type) 

Forward areas desperately need quality and pace adding, 

55 minutes ago, Tony Pulis said:

Has decided to lurk in the shadows away from the front line (probably a wise choice) but in all honesty, I feel like he has decided to accept Championship mediocrity and look towards a more like a QPR-type model (sign average players on frees and finish mid-table), rather than attempt another promotion push. Still if you believe Alan Nixon then he believes he will invest again heavily next season, but I’ll have to see it to believe it.

It's alright saying he will invest heavily again, he has done this before and look where it's got us.

It's one thing recruiting heavily, it's another recruiting wisely.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

What is his strategy? Who is running the club on a day to day basis? What as a club is our approach on recruitment or developing young players?

I genuinely don't have a clue about any of the above. We are like a ghost ship just aimlessly drifting. 

Club Sec running business daily 

Mental

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

Anyone know anything more about this? 

997DB875-661D-458D-90BF-9FE75DE21D77.jpeg

It'll be because he's paranoid of recieving the wrong advice again so now he will never trust external influences again. Even if they are for the betterment of the club. 

6 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

Anyone know anything more about this? 

997DB875-661D-458D-90BF-9FE75DE21D77.jpeg

I honestly think we're f*cked, and I honestly think my long-lived hypothesis about exactly how much control DC has over our club is coming to fruition.

I'm on a low today so I could be going off on some hyperbolic nonsense, but IMO I think we're bent over a barrel and about to be screwed to the hardest and highest level we can imagine.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, TodwickOwl said:

Club Sec running business daily 

Mental

I can't remember the last time we heard from someone senior in the club to explain to us what the clubs ambitions are. Why has there been no fan zoom events during lockdown between the club, Garry Monk etc? We are not even attempting to engage with supporters any more. 

It's honestly so dispiriting because I see huge potential wasted. We have loads of talented, successful supporters from all parts of business and society who would help the club for nothing. Why aren't we tapping into this? 

• Like 4

Chansiri's ownership of Wednesday has been a bit like spending a loads of money on a nice patio and conservatory whilst the roof is caving in and the sewage system is blocked.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

We don't yet know the outcome of that 'performance' or what the way forward is. 

WTF

That's like saying you need to wait for Atdhe Nuhiu to retire before judging his performance as a player

Stop chatting nonsense and let the thread ride mate

If you don't want to contribute that's fine - just leave the thread

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

It'll be because he's paranoid of recieving the wrong advice again so now he will never trust external influences again. Even if they are for the betterment of the club. 

Either that, or he doesn't like been told what to do.

Bloke is a complete moron. 

I'm embarrassed to have defended him like I did in the past.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Chansiri's ownership of Wednesday has been a bit like spending a loads of money on a nice patio and conservatory whilst the roof is caving in and the sewage system is blocked.

I've been to restaurants like that all over South East Asia...

At least what was served up was first class.

18 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

Lots I've missed out as I couldn't be arsed to update it for a while.

Jan 2015 -    First involvement - the signing of Sergiu Bus, Marnick Vermijl and Filipe Melo.
Apr 2015 -    Chief buddhist 'blessed' the ground.
May 2015 -    Three 'advisors' appointed - Glenn Roeder, Paul Senior and Adam Pearson. All three left within weeks.
Jun 2015 -    Signed Darrly Lachman, Marco Matias, Lewis Price, Lewis McGugan, Rhoys Wiggins, Modou Sougou
Jul 2015 -    Season ticket prices - cheapest Kop adult up from £360 to £395
May 2016 -    Losses of £11m announced
May 2016 -    Average price of cheapest POTG ticket over 15/16 season - up from £23.57 to £31.11
Jan 2016 -    Club badge of 40+ years changed. Fans not consulted
Jun 2016 -    Signed Jake Kean, Almen Abdi, Urby Emanuelson, Morgan Fox
Jul 2016 -    Lewis McGugan frozen out
Jul 2016 -    Stripes ditched from the shirt. Fans not consulted. Replica kits not for sale until after season has started.
Jul 2016 -    Season ticket prices - cheapest Kop adult up from £395 to £415
Jul 2016 -    Membership price up from £30 to £50
Aug 2016 -    Bizarre squad numbering announced
Sep 2016 -    Golden elephants placed outside of South Stand for good luck
Oct 2016 -    Two minutes silence for the recently deceased King of Thailand
Nov 2016 -    Puts CHANSIRI in place of SWFC on the North Stand seats
May 2017 -    Losses of £20m announced
May 2017 -    Average price of cheapest POTG ticket over 15/16 season - up from £31.11 to £33.26
Jun 2017 -    Signed Jordan Rhodes, George Boyd, Joost van Aken, Joey Pelupessy
Jul 2017 -    Season ticket prices - cheapest Kop adult up from £415 to £455
Jul 2017 -    George Hirst frozen out. Leaves for free
Jul 2017 -    Replica kits not for sale until after season has started
Aug 2017 -    Club1867 announced. A bronze plaque for £1,500, with a 'free' 3-year season ticket upon promotion to PL
Aug 2017 -    DTaxis and Elev8 announced as kit sponsors
Sep 2017 -    Cakeball
Jan 2018 -    Jos Luhukay appointed manager
Jan 2018 -    Katrien Meire appointed CEO
Feb 2018 -    Fans polled regarding ticket prices and squad investment. 70% voted for ticket prices and squad investment to stay at current levels, 30% voted for lower ticket prices and promotion of youth players
Mar 2018 -    Losses of £21m announced
Apr 2018 -    Sean Clare frozen out over contract dispute. Leaves for free
Jul 2018 -    Membership price up from £50 to £90
Jul 2018 -    Replica kits not for sale until after season has started
Aug 2018 -    No pre-season player signings for first time since pre-WWII. Youth players promoted into the first team squad
Aug 2018 -    Banned BBC Radio Sheffield from covering games, charging fans £4.50 a month to sign up to club radio instead
Aug 2018 -    Fans told that a transfer embargo has been lifted, having not been told we were in one to start with
Feb 2019 -    Katrien Meire leaves the club
Jul 2019 -    Profit of £2.5m announced, helped by the sale of the ground to Chansiri for £60m
Nov 2019 -    Charged by EFL over ground sale being included in the wrong set of accounts in order to escape P&S rules
Jan 2020 -    Unveiling of 10 year season tickets
Jul 2020 -    Finished 16th in Championship, three places lower than when Chansiri took over

Thanks for this KivoOwl. A comprehensive assessment of Chansiri's lamentable tenure of our SWFC. A total disconnect from us the fans which couldn't have been bettered by anyone.

• Like 1