Dejphon Chansiri - Sheffield Wednesday Chairman - Thread

17 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

He breezed into the club and immediately righted some of the wrongs, opened dialogue with fans and seemed to be doing the right things, the close season after Wembley was a total disaster and its been largely downhill ever since, his last interview didn't give any indication that he thinks he's got it wrong or has any plans to change, he's a danger to very existence of the club.

Honestly, I don't even give him that much credit for that first season. 

It's true that we weren't getting promoted under Milan, but we did have a reasonably solid, and self sustaining foundation, with Roeder and Pearson's know how pulling the strings. Chansiri came in and sprinkled a bit of magic dust onto that, in the form of more money for better players, but it was the aforementioned who scouted and made the key signings that season.

As soon as Roeder and Pearson were dispatched, in favour of the cronies, the prices shot up and the whole lot went gradually to s h i t.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, erowl said:

His plan seems to consist of charging the highest prices in the division along with half baked 3yr/10yr/15yr ticket deals.

His strategy was to forward load those outrageous ticket prices into 1/2 sh*t or bust seasons to get to the PL.

His achievements are as above ... Bust!

8414F2BA-8685-41F8-912C-E494051B270E.gif

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, Sheff74 said:

It's true that we weren't getting promoted under Milan, but we did have a reasonably solid, and self sustaining foundation, with Roeder and Pearson's know how pulling the strings. Chansiri came in and sprinkled a bit of magic dust onto that, in the form of more money for better players, but it was the aforementioned who scouted and made the key signings that season.

As soon as Roeder and Pearson were dispatched, in favour of the cronies, the prices shot up and the whole lot went gradually to s h i t.

I'd have to disagree a little on that, we were losing money hand over fist under MM and really needed a buyer, wasn't it DC who brought in Roeder and Pearson? I don't get the impression they were there long enough to have that much influence.

13 hours ago, KivoOwl said:

Lots I've missed out as I couldn't be arsed to update it for a while.

Jan 2015 -    First involvement - the signing of Sergiu Bus, Marnick Vermijl and Filipe Melo.
Apr 2015 -    Chief buddhist 'blessed' the ground.
May 2015 -    Three 'advisors' appointed - Glenn Roeder, Paul Senior and Adam Pearson. All three left within weeks.
Jun 2015 -    Signed Darrly Lachman, Marco Matias, Lewis Price, Lewis McGugan, Rhoys Wiggins, Modou Sougou
Jul 2015 -    Season ticket prices - cheapest Kop adult up from £360 to £395
May 2016 -    Losses of £11m announced
May 2016 -    Average price of cheapest POTG ticket over 15/16 season - up from £23.57 to £31.11
Jan 2016 -    Club badge of 40+ years changed. Fans not consulted
Jun 2016 -    Signed Jake Kean, Almen Abdi, Urby Emanuelson, Morgan Fox
Jul 2016 -    Lewis McGugan frozen out
Jul 2016 -    Stripes ditched from the shirt. Fans not consulted. Replica kits not for sale until after season has started.
Jul 2016 -    Season ticket prices - cheapest Kop adult up from £395 to £415
Jul 2016 -    Membership price up from £30 to £50
Aug 2016 -    Bizarre squad numbering announced
Sep 2016 -    Golden elephants placed outside of South Stand for good luck
Oct 2016 -    Two minutes silence for the recently deceased King of Thailand
Nov 2016 -    Puts CHANSIRI in place of SWFC on the North Stand seats
May 2017 -    Losses of £20m announced
May 2017 -    Average price of cheapest POTG ticket over 15/16 season - up from £31.11 to £33.26
Jun 2017 -    Signed Jordan Rhodes, George Boyd, Joost van Aken, Joey Pelupessy
Jul 2017 -    Season ticket prices - cheapest Kop adult up from £415 to £455
Jul 2017 -    George Hirst frozen out. Leaves for free
Jul 2017 -    Replica kits not for sale until after season has started
Aug 2017 -    Club1867 announced. A bronze plaque for £1,500, with a 'free' 3-year season ticket upon promotion to PL
Aug 2017 -    DTaxis and Elev8 announced as kit sponsors
Sep 2017 -    Cakeball
Jan 2018 -    Jos Luhukay appointed manager
Jan 2018 -    Katrien Meire appointed CEO
Feb 2018 -    Fans polled regarding ticket prices and squad investment. 70% voted for ticket prices and squad investment to stay at current levels, 30% voted for lower ticket prices and promotion of youth players
Mar 2018 -    Losses of £21m announced
Apr 2018 -    Sean Clare frozen out over contract dispute. Leaves for free
Jul 2018 -    Membership price up from £50 to £90
Jul 2018 -    Replica kits not for sale until after season has started
Aug 2018 -    No pre-season player signings for first time since pre-WWII. Youth players promoted into the first team squad
Aug 2018 -    Banned BBC Radio Sheffield from covering games, charging fans £4.50 a month to sign up to club radio instead
Aug 2018 -    Fans told that a transfer embargo has been lifted, having not been told we were in one to start with
Feb 2019 -    Katrien Meire leaves the club
Jul 2019 -    Profit of £2.5m announced, helped by the sale of the ground to Chansiri for £60m
Nov 2019 -    Charged by EFL over ground sale being included in the wrong set of accounts in order to escape P&S rules
Jan 2020 -    Unveiling of 10 year season tickets
Jul 2020 -    Finished 16th in Championship, three places lower than when Chansiri took over

43F4018F-93FB-4589-8A6B-4FE4B0BD2544.gif

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

I'd have to disagree a little on that, we were losing money hand over fist under MM and really needed a buyer, wasn't it DC who brought in Roeder and Pearson? I don't get the impression they were there long enough to have that much influence.

He may have brought them in, so will concede on that one if wrong, but the decision to get rid of them has proved to be a disaster.

It's true that things were tight under Milan, but the cloth was cut accordingly and frustrating as it was, I don't ever remember feeling as worried as I have during the last 8 months. Chansiri turned all of the sensible, if frugal approach on it's head completely, and before long we were spending beyond what is allowed.

2 hours ago, james o connor said:

We are heading into oblivion. I suggest you give your head a shake . It costs in excess of 40 quid to watch this team . A team who are terrible, really terrible . The chairman is as clueless and useless as the day he walked in . It shocks me how anybody can still be deluded enough to to support him. He’s useless , he is running the club into the ground . You say he needs to learn quickly. He’s been here 5 years and we are worse than ever. 

37909B9A-E507-4B7F-8533-0B37FF3AA6CF.gif

Owlstalk Shop

Guest LondonOwl313
18 minutes ago, Sheff74 said:

I think he put the prices up before 2015-16, because loads of people moaned about that first game when we beat Bristol 2-0 costing £40, which was a lot more than the previous season.

The problem we have with it is that nobody knows who is responsible for what. Everyone associates Roeder and Pearson with the first 10 signings which were mostly decent, FF, Hooper, Pudil, Hunt, Lopez, Wallace, Matias, Joao, Bannan etc. Was exciting that summer.

Paxio or whatever he's called has been involved from day 1 so if we slag him off for everything since it went wrong shouldn't we give him credit for year 1 too.

It appears that the strategy in part was to purchase players who had been involved in promotions before - FF, Pudil, Wallace etc plus some punts on foreign players who were the right age (Matias and Joao), and some known quality in Hooper. That was all fine, but the year after we didn't buy anyone of the right age, we again bought players who'd been promoted before in Abdi, Jones and Rhodes but they were all flops. Abdi in particular was the worst signing we've ever made.

Chansiri clearly thought in January 2017 that we'd probably go up that season or the one after if he spent the extra money but didn't account for bottling Huddersfield or the injury crisis which stopped what probably would have been another play off push in year 3. After that we were totally screwed financially and he's not really had a way out. I bet he really regrets everything over the last 3 years.

18 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

We know he definitely  takes advice from one certain individual . 

Att ?   His missus ?