Dejphon Chansiri - Sheffield Wednesday Chairman - Thread

1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

Interesting article here with an interview with Chansiri, where he keeps saying " his people" telling him what is said about him and Paxo on social media. 

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/sheffield-wednesday-owner-dejphon-chansiri-17954113

Just a shame he chooses to ignore what the supporters are saying. 

The chairman is right to ignore supporters on social media

99.999999% of it is malicious, ignorant nonsense with unrealistic expectation and unrealistic nonsense demands

Ultimately he should ignore it, get a great team in place, and steer this club to success

• Like 7

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, NeonLeon said:

There’s a fair bit in here, good and bad, that ultimately falls at the door of the manager at the time, and not Chansiri.

Imagine the uproar if he had been involved in things like players getting dropped. 

Yeah...

Just imagine that.

Imagine if the Chairman had told players they couldn't play/train at the club anymore

IMAGINE that

It's be ridiculous

Especially if that player then cleared off and went on to play in the Premier League or summat...

That would be like a whacky fairy tale that... 

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

99.999999% of it is malicious, ignorant nonsense with unrealistic expectation and unrealistic nonsense demands

Ultimately he should ignore it, get a great team in place, and steer this club to success

You say he should get a team in place and steer the club to success, which is exactly what most of us have been saying for ages. Yet you say he should ignore the supporters? 

• Like 1

Just now, @owlstalk said:

I agree with that  especially the last bit  that he seems to have a problem with 

It seems obvious to me that you cannot sucessfully run a club via zoom from Thailand 50% of the time 

you need an excutive team of experienced football men here empowered to run things

If he can't won't do that i feel he has to look for a buyer 

• Like 3

wants to get rid of those who are having his pants down and get some real football men in that can properly advize  an help him move forward , not mention names as the stuffing may get knocked out of me lol ,get scouts in that can recommend decent targets that want SWFC to do well , and a manager with fight and guts to move us forward and doesent alienate a third the team half way throughthe season , that should have been done at the end ,  , do all that and we may just get out of this carp , But as per he will do as he chooses in the end right or wrong it is his baby 

4 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

You say he should get a team in place and steer the club to success, which is exactly what most of us have been saying for ages. Yet you say he should ignore the supporters? 

i think he set off with adam pearson to run things which I thought was a great move that quickly went pear shaped I suspect not for the reason given either 

12 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Interesting article here with an interview with Chansiri, where he keeps saying " his people" telling him what is said about him and Paxo on social media. 

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/sheffield-wednesday-owner-dejphon-chansiri-17954113

Read that article and nearly chocked on my grapes...  lol

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

How long will you give him...... To get the right team in place...... Because his steering is pretty wonky. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

How long will you give him...... To get the right team in place...... Because his steering is pretty wonky. 

with all due respects we have no say in giving him time it's his or apparently his money to waste for however long he wants

4 minutes ago, steelowl said:

with all due respects we have no say in giving him time it's his or apparently his money to waste for however long he wants

i speak merely from a point of criticising his leadership. How many " teams " has he had in place so far ? 

And how is that going for us ? lol

3 hours ago, kingsidney said:

From what staff say around the club, not sure he’s even a nice man. 

Heard this too, my mum works closely with SUFC commercial department and the main guy there left us to work for them. Stating he had loads of ideas and a structured plan to completely overhaul our commercial department but was overruled  by DC, says he’s a very difficult man.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/sheffield-wednesday-dejphon-chansiri-recap-18039401

"The Thai businessman also made it clear that his intention is to pass on the running of the club to his son Att at some point in the future."

You can draw your own dots from the above, and how we are being run at present, and will continue to be run for a few more seasons yet.

18 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

That's an interesting article but you can see from the answers DC thinks he is doing a great job and has made very little mistakes. In the last few season more than 50% of the signing have been a total car crash that is not doing good. 

Signing for the last 4 years and in bold the one that I think have been ok signings

2016/17 - Kean, Abdi, Pudil, Jones, Sasso, Reach, Emanuelson, Fox, Winnall, Fletcher, Loans Buckley, McManaman, Rhodes - 5 ok signing, 8 bad

2017/18 - Boyd, JV Aken, Pelupessy, Loans, Venancio, Butterfield - 1 good, 4 bad 

2018/19 - Iorfa, Loans Onamah, Hector, Aarons, Lazaar - 2 good, 3 bad

2019/20 - Borner, Odabajo, Harris, Jones, Luongo, Loans  Murphy, Bates, Da Cruz, Wickham, Windass - 4 good, 7 bad (all of the loan in Jan were not fit and have barely played)

So in 4 years of recruitment and 34 players in, 12 out of them have been good signings or just over 1 in 3, I will be surprise if other team in our division have a recruitment team with such a low rate of 35% success rate.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I'd like to think he's reflected on all that's happened and realised:

• His approach has clearly not worked, in fact it's been a huge failure in the longer term
  • He's been exploited at the expense of himself, the club and worst of all the fans
  • To succeed, the club needs a competent team of experienced professionals with a solid strategy
  • He needs to address and repair some of the damage done with pricing, kits etc

Wishful thinking 🙂 

Guest Grandad
1 hour ago, steelowl said:

I believe he did want to take the supporters along with him actually  - as long as they agreed with his vision of doing things

In the very beginning his team approached corporate sponsors to get opinions

and then proceeded to completely ignore, then insult them with ultimatums and alienate them 

he then did it to the fans with the fans' forums apparently called to exchange views but I understand he was the one doing the talking something witnessed again at a meeting with said sponsors to cool tension but instead he shouted people down.

I really really want him to be successful but IMHO he set off on the wrong foot after week 2 since then he mistook the adoration for his spending power and total fear he will walk away for agreement with his running of the club 

At one of the steering group he said that corporates weren't real supporters because they wanted something in return for their money. 

The only true supporters were those who paid into club 1867 because they just got a seat plaque in return

2 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

reckon we could guess a few of ‘his people’ on here. :tango:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Grandad said:

At one of the steering group he said that corporates weren't real supporters because they wanted something in return for their money. 

The only true supporters were those who paid into club 1867 because they just got a seat plaque in return

******** hell lol 

Think that tells you everything you need to know about his knowledge of the game. 

The way I see it is that he either sells up, or we somehow stumble upon a good management team. Similar to the way Coventry have with Robins. I don't see how else we are successful in the current circumstances. 

Edited by owls maniac
  • Like 1

Guest Grandad

All this stuff has been regularly reported on Owlstalk for 5 years

And regularly shouted down as 'lost in translation'