GARRY MONK - All posts about Garry Monk in here please

Just now, Blue and white said:

Hopefully this game will be his last in charge of our club, he isn't solely to blame for our current predicament but he has to take his share of the blame.

"All the conversations I’ve had from the club has been supportive.

I want to be here and connect something back to the fans that we have maybe lost a little bit.

I am determined to do it.

I can see the big picture and what it looks like."

FFS

• Haha 1

People say that there’s noone better out there, and that it’s down to poor management of the club and the problems run deeper. But, sorry, that bunch of players were able to take us to top three and then it just imploded. The mentality of the squad is obviously weak, but come on! He simply cannot motivate them. 

A good manager would play Hutch when available and bend over backwards to handle his injury. Same goes with Westwood. It’s utterly ridicolous. Difficult personalities? Perhaps, but a good manager can handle that. 

He absolutely must go. We need to change the club top to bottom. Would prefer starting with the chairman, but the manager will do. He’s been a complete disaster. 

The sad thing is we’ll probably have to hire and sack another 10 managers before we’ll mount a challenge again. 

AND shockingly, DC and Paixao (or whatever his name is) won’t have made a list of potential successors, and we would probably start the next season with Bullen in charge.

We are so incredibly badly run it’s a complete farce. 

And then people will say no experienced and successful manager will touch us. Maybe no big names, but most options are better options than Monk. He has been shambolic. There are dozens of managers who would come here in a heartbeat if approached. Some tried and tested, some unproven. At least that gives us half a chance. 

Does anyone really want Monk with his dodgy reputation to oversee one of the most critical phases in the history of the club? 

• Like 6

Just now, Shezza said:

that bunch of players were able to take us to top three

Let's be reyt here...

Let's talk honest

Come on now...

I think most of the anger management issues and blaming of everyone and annoyance at us losing games starts right at the beginning with this kind of expectation from the squad that we have at our disposal

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

"All the conversations I’ve had from the club has been supportive.

I want to be here and connect something back to the fans that we have maybe lost a little bit.

I am determined to do it.

I can see the big picture and what it looks like."

FFS

I can see the big picture and fuckme it frightening.

• Like 1

Ok the players are not up to it.

The chairman has massively mismanaged the club at every conceivable level.

The manager has walked into a car crash.

However he has not done enough even in those circumstances.

Sorry but he has to go.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Shezza said:

People say that there’s noone better out there, and that it’s down to poor management of the club and the problems run deeper. But, sorry, that bunch of players were able to take us to top three and then it just imploded. The mentality of the squad is obviously weak, but come on! He simply cannot motivate them. 

A good manager would play Hutch when available and bend over backwards to handle his injury. Same goes with Westwood. It’s utterly ridicolous. Difficult personalities? Perhaps, but a good manager can handle that. 

He absolutely must go. We need to change the club top to bottom. Would prefer starting with the chairman, but the manager will do. He’s been a complete disaster. 

The sad thing is we’ll probably have to hire and sack another 10 managers before we’ll mount a challenge again. 

AND shockingly, DC and Paixao (or whatever his name is) won’t have made a list of potential successors, and we would probably start the next season with Bullen in charge.

We are so incredibly badly run it’s a complete farce. 

And then people will say no experienced and successful manager will touch us. Maybe no big names, but most options are better options than Monk. He has been shambolic. There are dozens of managers who would come here in a heartbeat if approached. Some tried and tested, some unproven. At least that gives us half a chance. 

Does anyone really want Monk with his dodgy reputation to oversee one of the most critical phases in the history of the club? 

Great post that, well said.

• Like 2

This is a truly terrible time in our history (and there's been a few). 

Let's hope we can start to rebuild and move forward, we deserve better.

Edited by Mus

GM: "I’m determined to come through these moments and get to a better day."

Still determined then, that's good. The problem was he was equally determined in January, February, March...and look where that got us.

• Like 1