GARRY MONK - All posts about Garry Monk in here please

2 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

I know it won't happen and he's divided opinion on here. 

But I'd seriously go for Megson. His team had a bit of back bone and he didn't stand for this type of poo game after game. And he'd sort out the recruitment side. 

The issue is needing someone like Bruce, who is experienced, strong minded and good enough and their is a dearth of choices

Megson overseeing Ryan Lowe for a season would do me...

• Like 1

I know it’s not Monk’s fault. But he isn’t the solution either. The form for the second half of the season is abysmal. The players are a disgrace, Chansiri too. 

Feel for Monk, but that record is indefensible. 

I’d like to start next year with a new manager and new players. Ideally a new owner but I’ll settle for the first 2.

• Like 4

The issues unfortunately also go above the manager. 

I would love Mike Ashley to come in. 

Chansiri biggest asset is his money. Of he csnt pump that in then he adds nothing, and has actually taken a very positive envrionment and overseen the I'll feeling and apathy many feel. 

Ashley though not perfect would make things more affordable, have a sustainable business model, appointment a ceo to oversee things, sort out recruitment and hopefully change the badge back while he's at it 

I'm generally supportive of Monk, not that I'm an apologist, but the bottom line is that results aren't good enough. 

I've found myself clinging to the hope of improvement, simply by virtue of the fact we've made an effort, which is scraping the barrel in terms of expectation. 

Now the season is over reasonable to review his position. We wasted this season by not making a timely appointment when Bruce left. This transfer window is the most important in recent seasons and vital we get our act together. 

• Like 1

Be fair lads! Monk's not been able to bring any coaching staff with him.

Given how unbelievably hard it must have been having to work with the coaching staff that were already here, I think 17 points from the 2nd half of this season was a decent effort.

Just now, cowl said:

Be fair lads! Monk's not been able to bring any coaching staff with him.

Given how unbelievably hard it must have been having to work with the coaching staff that were already here, I think 17 points from the 2nd half of this season was a decent effort.

I don’t think any other manager would have come without their own team. 

absolutely scraping the barrel