GARRY MONK - All posts about Garry Monk in here please

3 hours ago, William 1867 said:

If Monks New signings are anything like the extension of Pelupessy then I'm not optimistic.

Let's hope come lunch time on Thursaday he'll be history.

i think you might just be in for a bit of a shock, it's not Christmas just yet, and santa's not likely to be bringing you what you want.

3 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

That charlatan gave us the best two finishes since our premier league days, something you refuse to acknowledge, yet absolve Monk of any blame for a disgraceful run of results and performances that would have seen most managers sacked!

All he's done is changed to 3-5-2, we have only beaten Bristol and QPR who were on losing runs themselves, we couldn't beat an awful Huddersifled team, and anytime we play anyone mediorce they put 3 past us and anyone any good 5 past us! 

He can't organise us defensively, install a pattern of play, he can't motivate the players to put any sort of effort in, alienated good players and seen us drop from 3rd to 16th! 23rd in form in second half of the season, 4 wins in 22 17 points in 66, 44 goals conceded in second half of the season 1 win at home in 2020 and some absolute dreadful performances!

But nowt to do with Monk 

we won NOTHING, when are you going to understand that?

monk cannot be held responsible for struggling with the shambles of forwards he has without fletcher, and having wickham unfit, he didn't purchase them, he just has to deal with the fallout three years after the man responsible ran off to avoid being relegated.

you're showing promise though, your last bit says 'but now't to do with monk' glad to have done my bit in your enlightenment.

15 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

we won NOTHING, when are you going to understand that?

monk cannot be held responsible for struggling with the shambles of forwards he has without fletcher, and having wickham unfit, he didn't purchase them, he just has to deal with the fallout three years after the man responsible ran off to avoid being relegated.

you're showing promise though, your last bit says 'but now't to do with monk' glad to have done my bit in your enlightenment.

stop giving Monk excuse after excuse 

yes , he has not been dealt the best hand in the world, but any half capable manager would have dealt with situation 100x better 

The last game Fulham x2 players were involved in the play off campaigns the other 9 signings were made after CC reign by JL, SB & GM - we were still awful 

Monk is a poor manager, way out of his depth. We have one of the worst records going and our performances are dire

Monk picks the team, selects the tactics and sets the team up on how he would like to play. So he is more than partly responsible for our demise 

Now before you hit me with “off the field issues” 

look at Charlton look at Wigan, one of which has just entered administration- they are playing with aggression and fighting for there lives inspired by their managers comments , charlton the same. Both managers were selected for MOTM last month. Why can’t Monk do the same? 

he hasn’t inspired anyone, the players the fans - there’s a sort of acceptance for Monk that it isn’t his fault. IT IS! 

Hoping to hear the parted ways on Thursday morning 

WAWAW

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, Markowski77 said:

stop giving Monk excuse after excuse 

yes , he has not been dealt the best hand in the world, but any half capable manager would have dealt with situation 100x better 

The last game Fulham x2 players were involved in the play off campaigns the other 9 signings were made after CC reign by JL, SB & GM - we were still awful 

Monk is a poor manager, way out of his depth. We have one of the worst records going and our performances are dire

Monk picks the team, selects the tactics and sets the team up on how he would like to play. So he is more than partly responsible for our demise 

Now before you hit me with “off the field issues” 

look at Charlton look at Wigan, one of which has just entered administration- they are playing with aggression and fighting for there lives inspired by their managers comments , charlton the same. Both managers were selected for MOTM last month. Why can’t Monk do the same? 

he hasn’t inspired anyone, the players the fans - there’s a sort of acceptance for Monk that it isn’t his fault. IT IS! 

Hoping to hear the parted ways on Thursday morning 

WAWAW

what utter cobblers.

how do you know 'a half capable manager would have been 100 time better'? 

this is the sort of tripe that people come on here and spout, how could you prove that?

you can't. and having started your post with what you thought was a huge punchline, all you have achieved is people think oh ho! another crackerjack, i'll not bother reading the rest.

if you know that much, go buy a lottery ticket, you'll only need the one.

• Like 1

Just now, jonnyowl said:

17 points from 69!

4 wins in 23

Finished 17th after been 3rd at the half way point.

Pants season, pants players, pants manager!

Sack him now and take all coaching team with him!

“BUT ITS ALL THE PLAYERS FAULT”

Absolutely sick to death of losing points in Injury time. We always seem below average in this area, but this season has been atrocious. 

I've supported Monk but for me that's a mentality thing. Get shut. 

Absolutely shybo

• Like 2

Mr  Chansiri thats, it end of a disaster of a season. Just get on that phone and tell Mr Monk he is no longer needed at SWFC.  This period from New Year to now is just totally unacceptable and only one person is to blame. 

There are quite a few top managers now available so lets not miss out on then by delay in letting Mr Monk go. Just look at his record  this year on games won, performances and goal scored.

Dont delay please pull the trigger now.

• Like 5

I know it won't happen and he's divided opinion on here. 

But I'd seriously go for Megson. His team had a bit of back bone and he didn't stand for this type of poo game after game. And he'd sort out the recruitment side. 

The issue is needing someone like Bruce, who is experienced, strong minded and good enough and their is a dearth of choices

• Like 2