GARRY MONK - All posts about Garry Monk in here please

13 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Yet Jos Luhukay had just as much success and rested Fletcher 3 weeks in every 4!

No matter how many times you say it, our squad minus Fletcher is not the 23rd worst in the division and if the manager cannot adapt to playing a different way through the loss of one striker and prevent his team from conceding two goals every game for half a season then he is not good enough. 

only time will tell after monk rebuilds, he cannot be held responsible for the attacking dross we've got on our books.

13 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Our clubs budget cannot be taken in isolation without considering the budget of other clubs in the league. What you are saying is Carlos should have done better than 6th and 4th with the money he spent but completely ignoring the fact that 7 or 8 teams spent more. 

2 and a half seasons after he has gone, with a squad of players including many of which never played under Carlos yet fitness, results and culture is still somehow his fault. 

6th. and 4th. win you the same as 16th. and 14th. but for a play off place, in which he shat himself twice.

you constantly go on about results, explain the results of the two play off debacles?

13 hours ago, Devonstrix said:

Whether we think Monk has been dealt a sh*t hand or not, his record since Christmas would have got him the sack at ANY other Championship club. There’s been a massive failure on and off the pitch and in this sport, the manager always has and always will carry the can. Absolutely shocking home form and D.C. knows that this is where he needs to be getting bums on seats, or off their seats actually. It’s not been acceptable and he simply has to go. I anticipate an announcement straight after tomorrow’s match. D.C. has got season tickets and replica kits to sell this summer. 

so who are you going to be bringing in after the certainty of manks sacking?

13 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

If you think that was embarrassing, Id love to know what you think of current performances!

our current performances are those of a squad in its final throes, it is to receive a major overhaul.

it is long overdue, it will have to be far reaching, and THIS TIME it will not have to be a squad capable of only one method of getting the ball forward.

those players not leaving us shortly may well see others come into the club who are above them in the pecking order, the shocking errors in recruitment, and non release of the carvalhal years have to be exorcised before we can begin to move forward. 

it is gutting to understand, and for some even unacceptable to swallow that they were 'taken' by a charlatan.

16 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

our current performances are those of a squad in its final throes, it is to receive a major overhaul.

it is long overdue, it will have to be far reaching, and THIS TIME it will not have to be a squad capable of only one method of getting the ball forward.

those players not leaving us shortly may well see others come into the club who are above them in the pecking order, the shocking errors in recruitment, and non release of the carvalhal years have to be exorcised before we can begin to move forward. 

it is gutting to understand, and for some even unacceptable to swallow that they were 'taken' by a charlatan.

If Monks New signings are anything like the extension of Pelupessy then I'm not optimistic.

Let's hope come lunch time on Thursaday he'll be history.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

That charlatan gave us the best two finishes since our premier league days, something you refuse to acknowledge, yet absolve Monk of any blame for a disgraceful run of results and performances that would have seen most managers sacked!

All he's done is changed to 3-5-2, we have only beaten Bristol and QPR who were on losing runs themselves, we couldn't beat an awful Huddersifled team, and anytime we play anyone mediorce they put 3 past us and anyone any good 5 past us! 

He can't organise us defensively, install a pattern of play, he can't motivate the players to put any sort of effort in, alienated good players and seen us drop from 3rd to 16th! 23rd in form in second half of the season, 4 wins in 22 17 points in 66, 44 goals conceded in second half of the season 1 win at home in 2020 and some absolute dreadful performances!

But nowt to do with Monk 

Edited by jonnyowl
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

That charlatan gave us the best two finishes since our premier league days, something you refuse to acknowledge, yet absolve Monk of any blame for a disgraceful run of results and performances that would have seen most managers sacked!

All he's done is changed to 3-5-2, we have only beaten Bristol and QPR who were on losing runs themselves, we could beat an awful Huddersifled team, and anytime we play anyone mediorce they put 3 past us and anyone any good 5 past us! 

He can't organise us defensively, install a pattern of play, he can't motivate the players to put any sort of effort in, alienated good players and seen us drop from 3rd to 16th! 23rd in form in second half of the season, 4 wins in 22 17 points in 66, 44 goals conceded in second half of the season 1 win at home in 2020 and some absolute dreadful performances!

But nowt to do with Monk 

This!

4 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

That charlatan gave us the best two finishes since our premier league days,

How much did we spend on players, agents, wages and backroom staff for him to fail to get us promoted?

And what level of investment and backing has Monk had?

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

How much did we spend on players, agents, wages and backroom staff for him to fail to get us promoted?

And what level of investment and backing has Monk had?

Oh look there you go again, selecting part of what I posted.

I was simply posting a fact was I not?

And yes Carlos had a lot more money to spend than Monk!

But Carlos got the best out of the squad he had, Monk has failed to do that with the squad he has had this season!

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

No he didn’t 

he let them do what they wanted and FAILED in his brief to get us promoted

He then got (rightly) sacked and now he’s gone we are still cleaning up his mess

There you go again selecting part of what I posted!

Why not address the part I put about Monk? Or does that not fit your agenda?

Just now, jonnyowl said:

There you go again selecting part of what I posted!

Why not address the part I put about Monk? Or does that not fit your agenda?

Because I have a certain part of your post that I wanted to discuss 

The rest of it I didn’t

Not sure why you’re struggling with that concept it is really quite simple 

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Because I have a certain part of your post that I wanted to discuss 

The rest of it I didn’t

Not sure why you’re struggling with that concept it is really quite simple 

Because your quite happy to say Carlos failed, and I don't disagree that he did fail to get us promoted!

But never address the failings of Monk, and the simple answer there is no argument to defend him!

His record at previous clubs and at this club makes it difficult to construct an argument to defend him!

If Carlos is a failure but still got us to finish 6th and 4th, what does that make Monk!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Because your quite happy to say Carlos failed, and I don't disagree that he did fail to get us promoted!

But never address the failings of Monk, and the simple answer there is no argument to defend him!

His record at previous clubs and at this club makes it difficult to construct an argument to defend him!

If Carlos is a failure but still got us to finish 6th and 4th, what does that make Monk!

Our manager...suck it up lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

We both agree there then

Thank you mate 

Still can't answer any question about Monk can you? 

You employed by the club? Have the got the KGB to check your posts for any disloyalty? 

• Haha 2