GARRY MONK - All posts about Garry Monk in here please

4 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

no i'm not monks dad, has he been tomming your bird?

carlos WON NOTHING with our entire budget spent, and Christ only knows where or when the next one is coming from?

do you for one instant think i'm taking you seriously? you've openly lied to attempt to prove a point that you'd lost on, namely hutch's disciplinary record.

if you knew a great deal about football, you'd know that a defence without an out ball will struggle, and concede over time.

as upcoming opposition get to know wednesday offer nothing up front as fletcher is out they can throw more men into attack without fear of rhodes and nuhiu giving them a mauling over the 90 mins.

with both jos and now monk excluding the pair, DO YOU THINK THERE'S A POSSIBILITY THAT DC HAS HAD A SAY IN IT ALL?

I couldn't care less about Hutch disciplinary record, when we have to suffer Pelupessy !

And the only manager to have "Won" anything in the last 15 years is Dave Jones and he is not liked around here is he!

And  why do you need an "out ball" to help the defence out? 

I seem to remember playing the ball out from the back under Carlos with Foriesteri and Hooper up front and the defence not having a problem?

You type on here slagging Carlos off, and defend Monk! For that I can't take you seriously!

Give me Hutchinson and Westwood over Dawson / Wildsmith and Pelupessy any day of week!

17 points in 66, Its adrift at the bottom of the table form! Monk needs to go!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

i'm on about our clubs budget not other clubs.

the most money a sheffield wednesday manager has has since premier league days, ALL GONE, and nothing won, well done carlos, thanks for the embarrassing no show at wembley, and Christ only knows what the uddersfield debacle can be labeled under.

but carry on with the b/s carlos, you still have some fooled here.

If you think that was embarrassing, Id love to know what you think of current performances!

7 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

i'm on about our clubs budget not other clubs.

the most money a sheffield wednesday manager has has since premier league days, ALL GONE, and nothing won, well done carlos, thanks for the embarrassing no show at wembley, and Christ only knows what the uddersfield debacle can be labeled under.

but carry on with the b/s carlos, you still have some fooled here.

Our clubs budget cannot be taken in isolation without considering the budget of other clubs in the league. What you are saying is Carlos should have done better than 6th and 4th with the money he spent but completely ignoring the fact that 7 or 8 teams spent more. 

2 and a half seasons after he has gone, with a squad of players including many of which never played under Carlos yet fitness, results and culture is still somehow his fault. 

Edited by Guest

6 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

i don't believe he has had a fraction of the financial support your hero has had.

Putting words in my mouth now? You'll have to explain to me who my hero is as I don't think I have mentioned it and I have never regarded any manager as a hero, you seem to be getting a little lost in your own bluster.

Edited by Guest

5 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Give me Hutchinson and Westwood over Dawson / Wildsmith and Pelupessy any day of week!

They're gone though mate

GONE

They're never coming back

They'll never ever play for Wednesday again

Even if a new manager comes in they'll never play for Wednesday again

So...

You can either be mature and intelligent enough to recognise this fact and understand that they're never ever ever ever EVER coming back

Or you can continue to post how you long for them and want them back in the side (which is NOT going to happen)

They've gone

GONE

FINISHED

GONE

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

They're gone though mate

GONE

So...

You can either be mature and intelligent enough to recognise this fact and understand that they're never ever ever ever EVER coming back

Or you can continue to post how you long for them and want them back in the side (which is NOT going to happen)

They've gone

GONE

FINISHED

GONE

I know there never coming back/

My point is after Xmas Dawson and Pelupessy went into the team and results nose dived. I'd have rather have had Hutchinson and Westwood in the side as they are better players, results might not have been as bad!

Edited by jonnyowl

4 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

I'd have rather have had Hutchinson and Westwood in the side as they are better players

They're gone though mate

GONE

So...

They've gone

GONE

FINISHED

GONE

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

They're gone though mate

GONE

So...

They've gone

GONE

FINISHED

GONE

Hutchinson yes obviously he has been released. But Westwood?? Monk's never going to play him. But if he was to get the sack in the next few months would the new manager not be able to call on Westwood if he wanted to.

Provided he is still here of course. Or are you basing it on the fact that he will likely be sold in the next few weeks.

I’m not usually one to call for mangers to be sacked but I’ve completely lost any belief that Monk will be able to turn this around

The amount of goals conceded since Christmas is frightening 

Fulham 5

Blackburn 5

Brentford 5

Preston 3

West Brom 3

Derby 3

Birmingham 3

Reading 3

Stoke 3

Not good enough 

Edited by Django
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

They're gone though mate

GONE

So...

They've gone

GONE

FINISHED

GONE

Or you can continue to select part of what I posted, instead of the whole post and read my point of view in its entirety and respond appropriately! 

Edited by jonnyowl

12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

They're gone though mate

GONE

So...

They've gone

GONE

FINISHED

GONE

I think we can continue to have a discussion about one of our most expensive players while he is still under contract for another year, until the club come to some sort of approach on how to deal with the situation they have got themselves into in this respect. 

The fact is we are paying 4 first team goalkeepers. Can't be that many clubs that have 4 keepers in addition to the academy teams. We even chose to offer one of them an extension for 9 games despite the fact he hasn't played for us or anyone competitively for years. I reckon a fair few of our match going fans wouldn't recognise Paul Jones if they walked past him in the street. Surely one of the academy keepers could have stood in as 3rd choice for 9 games, probably couldn't do any worse that our current first and second choice who have conceded 2 per game on average this year.

Just another bizarre decision to add to the list. 

6 minutes ago, Django said:

I’m not usually one to call for mangers to be sacked but I’ve completely lost any belief that Monk will be able to turn this around

The amount of goals conceded since Christmas is frightening 

Fulham 5

Blackburn 5

Brentford 5

Preston 3

West Brom 3

Derby 3

Birmingham 3

Reading 3

Stoke 3

Not good enough 

Screenshot 2020-07-21 at 17.30.17.jpg

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Hutchinson yes obviously he has been released. But Westwood?? Monk's never going to play him. But if he was to get the sack in the next few months would the new manager not be able to call on Westwood if he wanted to.

Provided he is still here of course. Or are you basing it on the fact that he will likely be sold in the next few weeks.

Look

Listen to me now...

Come on....

Sit down

*passes Pazowl55 a chair*

Sit down on that for a second and let's have a little chat...

Now...

I am telling you this because we all love you, care for you, and want you to be ok...

But you're just going to hurt yourself in the long run if you carry on with this way of thinking. Come on... it's time to accept that they're gone. I know that sounds harsh and I know it sounds brutal but it's time for you to understand that they're not coming back so that you don't get your heart continually broken by pining for people that have left you.

And the truth is? They never really cared for you either.

So...

Come on now....

Come on....

Let it go...

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, jonnyowl said:

My bad looked at last seasons!

Your right, better play Pelupessy, he doesn't get book no where near as much, not difficult when he doesn't get close to a player!

Or...

We could fizz Hutchinson right the fooooook out of our club, keep Pelupessy as a backup player, and sign a new combative midfielder or two in the closed season?

Just a thought...

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Look

Listen to me now...

Come on....

Sit down

*passes Pazowl55 a chair*

Sit down on that for a second and let's have a little chat...

Now...

I am telling you this because we all love you, care for you, and want you to be ok...

But you're just going to hurt yourself in the long run if you carry on with this way of thinking. Come on... it's time to accept that they're gone. I know that sounds harsh and I know it sounds brutal but it's time for you to understand that they're not coming back so that you don't get your heart continually broken by pining for people that have left you.

And the truth is? They never really cared for you either.

So...

Come on now....

Come on....

Let it go...

When have I ever really pined for Westwood or Hutchinson on here.

😂 

I honestly just want to to know why you think Westwood is completely done at the club even if a new manager comes in that's all. As he come back after Jos banished him. And unless he is sold then he is still here.

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Or...

We could fizz Hutchinson right the fooooook out of our club, keep Pelupessy as a backup player, and sign a new combative midfielder or two in the closed season?

Just a thought...

Well yes obviously we are going to have to do that now!

But you've still not addressed my point and that's Id have rather have had Hutchinson in the team from Xmas to March instead of Pelupessy!

Edited by jonnyowl

Just now, pazowl55 said:

When have I ever really pined for Westwood or Hutchinson on here.

😂

I honestly just want to to know why you think Westwood is completely done at the club even if a new manager comes in that's all. As he come back after Jos banished him. And unless he is sold then he is still here.

Oh no...

Our little chat hasn't done the job.

You're still pining... 

I don't know what else to say to you my friend

It's like I can't help you until you admit to yourself that you have a problem

lol

Owlstalk Shop