GARRY MONK - All posts about Garry Monk in here please

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Next season we need:

Keeper

Centre half

RWB

Midfielders (2)

Strikers (4)

You really trust Monk to do that? Get poo of him TONIGHT!!

Just now, Kagoshimaowl said:

Next season we need:

Keeper

Centre half

RWB

Midfielders (2)

Strikers (4)

You really trust Monk to do that? Get poo of him TONIGHT!!

apparently Squandered 50 million of Middlesboro's transfer budget , 

I would like to challenge Monk to sit before a fans forum in the 1867 room this Saturday and without the hype and bullshit explain to the fans exactly what his plan is and what he has learned since his arrival at Hillsborough. I can bet he would poo himself and would not be able to handle the abuse from frustrated fans after they have been subject to his poor decision making and lack of know how.

if he had any spine he would accept he is simply not good enough and resign 

Our Chairman won’t sack him cos he hasn’t got the contacts to find an experienced replacement 

So I say Just Go - be a man and go now. !!!!

I was happy to see Monk appointed, but he ought to have gone at the start of lockdown IMO.

The results and performances since the restart have not given me much confidence in his man-management, tactical awareness, team selections and use of substitutes. Listening to him, doesn't inspire me either. Very lucky to still be in a job. 

• Like 1

As much as I believe circumstances were not fair to Garry, our shocking second half of the season cannot go ignored. Objectively, Monk has got to go. 

For me, the chairman is the real problem though. Hopefully he accidentally hires someone who can fly in the face of that. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I don’t quite know how a manager with the record he has here can still be in a job. I feel for him not having his own staff in and maybe he needs time to bring his own players in but to look at his record since he has been here is scary. 

Do we know for a fact that he hasn’t been allowed to add to his backroom staff? I find that odd if true. Seems more likely that he’s been unwilling to bring in anyone but Beattie, etc, who Birmingham refused to let go, didn’t they?

What did you say to the players in the dressing room afterwards?

GM: I thank everyone for their efforts. It has not been down to a question of effort.

So he's blind as well as fekkin useless.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mogbad said:

What did you say to the players in the dressing room afterwards?

GM: I thank everyone for their efforts. It has not been down to a question of effort.

So he's blind as well as fekkin useless.

lol 

He’s just trolling at this point surely

1 minute ago, beswetherick said:

lol 

He’s just trolling at this point surely

If by trolling you mean talking bowlocks then yes.

lol

Edited by mogbad

1 hour ago, snaykz said:

I bet even Monk can't believe he's still in a job.

Or maybe like the managers who turned down the job, he also researched how DC operates

lol

Edited by bobness
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

Just been listening to radio.

New manager comes in at Barnsley.

8 clean sheets in last 14 games!

This is a team that have been in bottom 3 all season.

But he's managed to get them defensively organised!

What has Monk done on training pitch with them!

If Barnsley manager can do it with Barnsley's players, why can't Monk do it with ours?

This 100%

Monk constantly falls back on how the players are making mistakes.  It just doesn't wash with me, at all.

There is just no excuse for the consistency of poor performances, constant inability to see out a game, to constantly have slow starts.

Monk , in essence, is now 100% relying on every single player coming in to hit the ground running, to perform week in week out and not make mistakes - or we'll be back in exactly the same position as we have been with the current bunch who he blames for everything.

Does he have a plan? Has he shown despite the results that he has a methodology that we can see what he's trying to achieve? Or is he simply muddling around hoping something sticks?

It's very true that there has been a dangerous culture at the club for a couple of seasons now. Some players have let themselves down.  Too many are dangerously overpaid and under motivated which can be toxic. 

But you have to take a step back and question why he wasnt able to get players to play for him. Especially players who HAVE been able to perform under different managers. 

For me, I just dont think he's the man for the job. Many of the players have left, as intended  Let this transition happen under a different man with fresh ideas.

• Like 5