GARRY MONK - All posts about Garry Monk in here please

I have given Monk the benefit of the doubt until the last couple of games, but I'm now convinced he has to go. 

The difference between winning or losing last night's game could still prove to be the deciding factor as to which league we play in next season. For such a critical game you don't give a kid his debut (he did ok, I know), and leave Luongo on the bench. And don't give me fitness issues, it just required one last effort in the final game before a few weeks off. And it was a bad decision to play Nuhiu from the start - he is an impact sub. 

The same with the Fulham fixture last Saturday - not an easy game but the team Monk put out turned up and simply rolled over. Why leave out Murphy, our best player in the last few weeks?

Monk's team selections and tactics have been at best inconsistent and at worst downright bizarre. As bizarre as Jos's.

Monk claims he has a plan and sees the road ahead. Beyond getting rid of the old guard and bringing in younger, hungrier players, I don't think he has. There is no evidence in the last 6-7 months that suggests he has a plan. 

Sorry, Garry, but the time has come. No-one believes changing managers regularly is necessarily a good idea, but we have an opportunity to clear the decks and rebuild something competitive, and it needs a proven operator who can motivate players - and who genuinely does have a plan.

I can’t believe the total ******** is still in the job. 

The big problem for me is his man management. Couldn’t manage the “problem” players when others could. He publicly slags of the players without accepting his own role in the problems. Every time he does slag off the players the result is even worse performances.

The guy is clueless.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Swiss Toni said:

Chris Hughton in talks with Bristol City. We are SO not an appealing club right now. Yes I know Monk is in charge but even if he wasn’t I doubt there’d be a queue of decent managers knocking at the door.

Dont think 12 months ago Chris Hughton was thinking, ooh Bristol City I would love to go there. Amazing what no premier league offer can do ain't it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Dont think 12 months ago Chris Hughton was thinking, ooh Bristol City I would love to go there. Amazing what no premier league offer can do ain't it.

Even so,!they are a better proposition than we are. Going for the likes of Gerrard, Hughton and Terry.

I can't believe there are people voting to say keep him.... please tell me what at all has he does at all to show promise if the season had more games in it we could have gone down! We were certainly on are way there... how's that a basis to extend his contract.  Do his press conferences fill you with hope ! Do his tactics and substitutions show ability.  Sorry to Monk that I'm so critical but we need someone new now and I'm stunned how many are ready to waste a chance to re build on someone who hasn't produced this season.  Didn't expect play offs but being on the edge of them was surely the aim not trying to fight our way IN to a relegation battle!

• Like 1

I don’t rate Monk at all ....He’s got to go ....BUT .....he’s stood up to problem players...taken us to safety in the table just .... He’s come through a problem period ( big earners contracts ending ) which eventually any Wednesday manager would have had to

have faced......In so doing ... Monk has wiped the slate clean for whoever comes next ....Job well done ..I just hope it’s not Monk 

Just now, Hughdowd said:

I don’t rate Monk at all ....He’s got to go ....BUT .....he’s stood up to problem players...taken us to safety in the table just .... He’s come through a problem period ( big earners contracts ending ) which eventually any Wednesday manager would have had to

have faced......In so doing ... Monk has wiped the slate clean for whoever comes next ....Job well done ..I just hope it’s not Monk 

agree with all that but one  salient point , do we know for certain that they were problem players , 

• Like 1

Just now, trevdi9 said:

agree with all that but one  salient point , do we know for certain that they were problem players , 

True .......I think chansiri identified them as disloyal troublemakers and Monks job was to get them out 🥴

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hughdowd said:

True .......I think chansiri identified them as disloyal troublemakers and Monks job was to get them out 🥴

could be mate , or they could have fired back at monk slating the players in public , who know's but I know we never will 

5 hours ago, jamthesun said:

I can’t believe the total ******** is still in the job. 

The big problem for me is his man management. Couldn’t manage the “problem” players when others could. He publicly slags of the players without accepting his own role in the problems. Every time he does slag off the players the result is even worse performances.

The guy is clueless.

472D2979-28B6-45DC-B2FB-DE005D5DE531.gif

Owlstalk Shop

14 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

I know it's only 10am after the night before. I know how our chairman operates and the speed he works at. But the season's over, and every minute Garry Monk remains at Sheffield Wednesday is unacceptable now. He needs to be out the door ASAP.

And I know most of us already think this and are hoping it will probably be the case in the coming days/weeks, but we need to show at least some pro activity and intent. I can completely get behind waiting until the end of the season before offing him, but any other club would have him out the door by 9:30 the following day after this dismal half a season.

He needs to go. Today.

FA605193-2E0A-4742-ADBB-1A368EF942A4.gif

• Haha 4

Owlstalk Shop

Guest LondonOwl313
18 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

i said before the game yesterday that in reality he should be gone today or tomorrow.  Despite the issues with the squad that he might have inherited the results since Christmas haven’t been good enough or acceptable. 

Will Chansiri do the right thing today? I hope so, but expect he will release a statement that will depress most Owls fans. 

He should have gone months ago, can’t say exactly when but even after the Stoke game on Boxing Day there were problems brewing. 

The issue now is the new season is going to be scheduled to start on 12th September apparently, that’s 7 weeks on Saturday. 

7 weeks where we still haven’t sacked Monk let alone got a replacement lined up. We’re going to hear about a points deduction so not clear which division we’re in. And we have only a handful of Championship standard players left plus a few other squad players. 

We basically need a dozen player signings within 7 weeks with no manager or budget known. Can see us starting next season very poorly irrespective of what happens now on any other front. We must be favourites to be relegated 

Edited by LondonOwl313

"Monk can't man manage players without falling out with them."

We need Nigel Pearson.

"Monk is dull and has no personality."

Let's get Mick McCarthy.

"\Monk's football is boring."

How about Tony Pulis?

"Monk has no track record of success."

I'd have the Cowley brothers.

"Monk has been sacked a couple of times."

Should have had Gary Rowett.

Some supporters don't half talk some inconsistent, hypocritical, random nonsense. And then they'll criticise Chansiri for not having a coherent strategy.