GARRY MONK - All posts about Garry Monk in here please

Just been listening to radio.

New manager comes in at Barnsley.

8 clean sheets in last 14 games!

This is a team that have been in bottom 3 all season.

But he's managed to get them defensively organised!

What has Monk done on training pitch with them!

If Barnsley manager can do it with Barnsley's players, why can't Monk do it with ours?

• Like 3
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Let's be reyt here...

Let's talk honest

Come on now...

I think most of the anger management issues and blaming of everyone and annoyance at us losing games starts right at the beginning with this kind of expectation from the squad that we have at our disposal

3rd was obviously over-performing, but the complete surrender for the second half doesn’t reflect the quality of the squad either.

Monk lost the plot. Blamed the players. Suddenly Hutchinson couldn’t play because of his injury record, yet he was fit to. 

Keeping him onboard will be more than a wasted opportunity, it will give an unqualified man the job to rebuild our squad of players. Get rid. 

• Like 4

Some of this seasons performances with monk at the helm have been Some of the worst i have ever witnessed in my 40 years at hillsborough. No passion no heart no fighting spirit. The only players that deserve some credit for me were fletcher always gave 100% bannan who runs his knackers off .the rest of them are just a waste of space. Monk definitely has too go now.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

When talking about Lee and Nuhiu Monk saying he is unsure what we can and can’t do. Why? 

I thought that was strange given that the players were making out yesterday that Nuhiu was leaving anyway?

Thing is now, whatever division we’re in, if we don’t hit the ground running there will be a growing clamour for Monk to go and it’s pretty big now.

He doesn’t help himself. Constantly bangs on about the players making the same mistakes but never mentions the mistakes he’s made and continued to make.

He said that anything less than 3 points in the final game was unacceptable. Well if that’s unacceptable Garry, how would you describe 17/69 points since Boxing Day?

Bottom line you’ve been found out as a championship manager, you are so out of your depth in this job, it’s untrue.

I thought his position was untenable

before tonight. I’m struggling to find a word that describes his position now?

We may already be in serious trouble now going forward but it’ll only get worse with this 🤡 in charge. Get him out now before it’s too late.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, SydneyOwl said:

Monk has to go now. He’s lost too many games and the players don’t look up to the fight. Time to go. Don’t understand why we didn’t get Rowett in when we could of. 

True

The club lost out on a good manager and many fans lost their life savings 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If monk has not gone in the next few days, we have done. no more season tickets for us, (  46 years for me less 2years when daughters were born ).things have got to change drastically for us to change our mind.love going to matches,but u go now knowing what's going to happen.I've seen the bad times, the good times,the mediocre times,but god this is depressing,

5 minutes ago, OwlAbroad said:

GM: "I’m determined to come through these moments and get to a better day."

Still determined then, that's good. The problem was he was equally determined in January, February, March...and look where that got us.

Why not give us all a better day Monk & resign with immediate affect.

• Like 5

Just now, johnnyfoxhill owl said:

If monk has not gone in the next few days, we have done. no more season tickets for us, (  46 years for me less 2years when daughters were born ).things have got to change drastically for us to change our mind.love going to matches,but u go now knowing what's going to happen.I've seen the bad times, the good times,the mediocre times,but god this is depressing,

Come on now....

Owlstalk Shop

and still we get the excuses , worst stats from a manager we have had for ages , he has to go ,  when as supporters will we reject the apathy that we are accepting , being also rans is getting boring sick and tired of doing nothing but struggle with brief  and very brief (at that ) excursions into the realms of make believe, but top and bottom of it as fans we are kidding ourselves, we are going no where fast and tonight has proved it , that said Money talks so there will be someone far better out there that will take the job , nothing will change till the management changes , football is a simple game , until it gets to our shower then it becomes the hardest task ever 

• Like 8

He’s just another modern day “manager”. Spent a few years reading the coaching book and getting his badges but has zero charisma and know how, but understands lots of tactics. 

look at the past few seasons of teams promoted, all generally had managers who had something about them, could motivate players, not afraid to ruffle feathers, played football on the front foot. Monk is none of that.  

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

When talking about Lee and Nuhiu Monk saying he is unsure what we can and can’t do. Why? 

Because he doesn't know what division we'll be in next season & whether the imminently due accounts will leave us in another embargo. The club is a shambles from top to bottom.

• Like 1