GARRY MONK - All posts about Garry Monk in here please

Stark reality, we either get someone in who understands the game and players, or we stick with this bullshitter and end up in league1 or even 2. I've no confidence in this bloke to run a programme stand, let alone the team. 

An abject waste of space, wage stealing, bullshitting, egotistical pile of crap.

Jos was like Mourhinio compared to this fella.

• Like 4

i said before the game yesterday that in reality he should be gone today or tomorrow.  Despite the issues with the squad that he might have inherited the results since Christmas haven’t been good enough or acceptable. 

Will Chansiri do the right thing today? I hope so, but expect he will release a statement that will depress most Owls fans. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mogbad said:

What did you say to the players in the dressing room afterwards?

GM: I thank everyone for their efforts. It has not been down to a question of effort.

So he's blind as well as fekkin useless.

I’m flabbergasted he told the players this, more so that he mentioned it in an interview😳

Monk came into a very difficult job when Bruce left suddenly. I think everyone agrees that. He did well until Christmas, mainly because Fletcher was very good as a focal point and the others played around him. For whatever reason the wheels came off at Stoke and the rest has been dire.

If Bruce had stayed we would have challenged for play-offs.

Under a proper manager like Pearson or McCarthy (or even Warnock god forbid) we would have been competitive.

Before and since lockdown we have simply been poor. Last night under one of these proper managers we would have beaten Boro who were there for the taking.

i have a bit of sympathy for Monk for what he inherited but, given our terrible second half of the season, we can't trust him for the rebuild. We need a proven operator.

Edited by September65
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Chansiri will probably do it just to pee us off.

So true, I’ve got a horrible feeling we’ll see a statement later from him saying he’s “committed as ever to make us a success and will work with Monk to build a side we can be proud of but it won’t be easy.”  Yayyy   

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

So true, I’ve got a horrible feeling we’ll see a statement later from him saying he’s “committed as ever to make us a success and will work with Monk to build a side we can be proud of but it won’t be easy.”  Yayyy   

More fool people who buy season tickets and (dare I say it) merchandise.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jacko1992 said:

Sounds like he's here to stay with some of his comments 😬

He is until told otherwise. It’s down to the Chairman now?

The disconnect between him and the players is clear to see. Players seemingly saying goodbye publicly to Nuhiu but Monk saying otherwise? He realises that there is a disconnect with the fans but he’s living in cloud cuckoo land if he thinks he’ll ever reconnect there?

In my experience as a fan here no manager has ever turned it around from the position the current manager finds himself in. Every word he utters, every decision he makes is ridiculed by the fan base. The only thing that has saved him up to now is the pandemic and the subsequent resumption behind closed doors?

If football had operated as normal he wouldn’t have seen the last 6 games IMO?

Edited by Jim

9 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

More fool people who buy season tickets and (dare I say it) merchandise.

I honestly think that ship has sailed mate. After a terrible season plus the pandemic, money will become tighter than ever for a lot of people. People have found other things to spend money on. Plus keeping Monk will have an effect on sales. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Jim said:

Every word he utters, every decision he makes is ridiculed by the fan base.

For our readers when JIM says ‘the fan base’ it actually means JIM.

In every single thread

No matter what that thread is about

In every thread

Relentlessly

over and over and over and over and over and over 

In every thread

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

In every single thread

In every thread

Relentlessly

In every thread

Mental illness is nothing to be laughed at shame on you

I genuinely can't figure why anyone would want to keep him as manager. His track record before joining us hardly inspired confidence (Swansea fans loathed him by the end) and I have literally nothing in terms of organisation, tactics, or motivation that makes me think he is right for us.

There have been managers who have gone before (Lawes, Megson, Carvalhal, even Jones) where they have come to the end of the road but you can see real positives. Monk....just nothing.

Yes, the problems at the club run deeper, but this perseverance with a broken manager is actually a symptom of those deeper problems. Indecision and a reluctance by the chair to admit to problems, or that past decisions haven't worked out. 

Who instead? No idea. Ok, the Cowleys. I would far sooner have them. 

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

In every single thread

In every thread

Relentlessly

In every thread

You told me to post about Garry Monk in the Garry Monk thread. Oh what a surprise, here I am in the 'all the posts about Garry Monk thread' 😳

And if if you think I'm the only fan that has the opinion that I do, have a look at Twitter. Have a look at some of the posts on here. You obviously rate him as a manager, a manager who arguably now has a worse record than one of the worst managers I've seen here in the last 20 years in Jos Lukuhay?

No matter how good or bad a player is, they play for and listen to good managers. Do our players listen to Monk? Results, performances and the same mistakes, lapses in concentration and the constant capitulations in injury time suggest they don't? FFS you've got players suggesting the big man is leaving but the manager says he doesn't know? If that isn't a classic case of the manager being disconnected from his players then I don't know what is?

Anyway I'm looking forward to the future when the tables are turned when I'm sticking up for Ryan Lowe and all the anti-Lowe/hate/negativity is coming from yourself? 😉