FERNANDO FORESTIERI - Megathread

1 hour ago, WAWAWUTO17 said:

I still think he will end up signing. As it stands its declined. A lot are waiting to see what league will be in.

I hope not. Forestieri has been a monumental waste of resources. Undoubtedly a massive talent but we have not got good value for money out of him. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Nando45 said:

Should have sold him for 12m or whatever it was that money would have done nicely!

Now Forestieri leaves on a free 

we might end up with a points deduction for breaking FFP rules. 

funny old world 

Chansiri needs to appointment an advisor or Director of football, because him and his lad haven’t a clue 

He definitely has an advisor, we just aren't allowed to ask what his official position is or question anything that he does or doesn't do! 

2 hours ago, WAWAWUTO17 said:

I still think he will end up signing. As it stands its declined. A lot are waiting to see what league will be in.

Cant believe we were daft enough to offer an extension. I assume it was just to the end of July and derisory. 

1 hour ago, 83owl said:

Tend to agree with a lot of what you say but that is the biggest load of rubbish I’ve ever read. 

Waddle has played in European cup finals, World Cup semi finals, writers association player of the year. His transfer fee in 1989 was higher than FF has ever gone for.

Di canio obviously played for us and West Ham but could easily have fitted in at a higher placed club. 

FF has never even played a single match in the top flight. He couldn’t hold down a place in the Watford team and they practically gave him away upon promotion.

Im actually a bit embarrassed as you’ve blatantly gone fishing and I’ve just bitten 🎣 

Absolutely.

FF isnt in the same class as carbone and sibon, never mind waddle and di canio 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ronson said:

Not sure what Watford got to do with it, he just didn't have it in him.409325762_Screenshot2020-06-24at19_51_52.png.18c317982d4f8dc23c557e5f0292cca9.png1745901794_Screenshot2020-06-24at19_54_18.png.6126bcea1680b0ada29663378f6f0e77.png

? He was a part of Watfords' promotion team, they loved him there and were sad to see him leave. He obviously did have it in him.

And you don't need to run around like a headless chicken like Megson any more..  You just need a brain and skills to match and he's probably our most talented player from the last ten years.  Although he fell out of love with us a long time ago.

Edited by HIGHERSTATE

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Forestieri.jpg

FERNANDO FORESTIERI

Thread dedicated to Fernando Forestieri who has declined a contract extension offer and is off on his way.

How will he be remembered? What were his Sheffield Wednesday highlights?

I think some will find it hard to be objective. Me included, but here goes.

Overall, a big disappointment. Like my school reports used to say. Capable of so much better, too easily distracted.

5 hours ago, Avon barksdale said:

I’m torn about Fernando , one hand I’m glad he’s gone on the other in his first season he was the only reason my young daughter wanted to go to the match. She’s disappointed every time he doesn’t play and will be when I tell her he’s gone. Remember feeling that way when I was young with Hirst , just loved going to match to see him play. That’s Football for ya!!! 

Yep know exactly what you mean my son is 5 and thinks of Fernando as his favourite player.  

Has met him a number of times and Fernando has always been great with him.  As much as I'm reading comments about him being immature he too had a fun nature about his personality and brought smiles to a lot of fans.

Unfortunately in the last few years it's been off the pitch moreso rather than on. 

It's a shame he hasn't accepted the offer to extend to until end of the season especially how much we've given him financially in the last 3 years though i wasn't surprised at the news.

I'll remember him for the first season, the goal against Norwich last year, the off the field interactions with him and that he ultimately had his prime years with us but unfortunately for him and us he never fulfilled his potential.

Screenshot_20200624-230559_Photos.jpg

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

? He was a part of Watfords' promotion team, they loved him there and were sad to see him leave. He obviously did have it in him.

They can't have loved him that much - he only started 48 league games in three years there; just 10 of them in his final season.

1 hour ago, markg said:

Absolutely.

FF isnt in the same class as carbone and sibon, never mind waddle and di canio 

Carbone had more talent in one toe nail than forestieri . Carbone also put a shift in for his entire stay at the club . 

as for forestieri . Long over due . Shut the door behind you pal