FERNANDO FORESTIERI - Megathread

6 minutes ago, Eastern said:

Wish him and the others well.

We will have better players than these sooner or later.

Onwards and upwards.

If the lawyer dont win our case, remember some of those players we had in league 1 those will be making a return to s6. We aint in the market for 30k plus wages maybe years before they return. 

Came in first season and was the exact player we needed to link midfield to the forward line. Was so great to watch him closing teams down, winning the ball and then making something happen. 

Then Norwich happened and he obviously wanted to move. Never really regained the fan's or team's trust after that. Also sent out a horrific message that if you kick off then you will be rewarded. 

Hope we've learnt from it as a club. Such a waste of 3 or so years after he looked so exciting to start off with. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, WAWAWUTO17 said:

I still think he will end up signing. As it stands its declined. A lot are waiting to see what league will be in.

I hope the club have actually grown a pair and told him take it or leave it. Not sit around and pray he his highness has a change of heart. F**k him.

• Haha 1

In all honesty, after that first season a real disappointment who just wasn't able (or maybe even willing) to play to his full potential. Sad, but he really needed to go for everyone's benefit. Basically a luxury we could no longer afford.

Guest Ronson
2 hours ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

I bet there's pictures of him in the Watford trophy room.

Not sure what Watford got to do with it, he just didn't have it in him.409325762_Screenshot2020-06-24at19_51_52.png.18c317982d4f8dc23c557e5f0292cca9.png1745901794_Screenshot2020-06-24at19_54_18.png.6126bcea1680b0ada29663378f6f0e77.png

1 hour ago, Ian said:

I'm not and Forestieri on his day was as good if not better

Tend to agree with a lot of what you say but that is the biggest load of rubbish I’ve ever read. 

Waddle has played in European cup finals, World Cup semi finals, writers association player of the year. His transfer fee in 1989 was higher than FF has ever gone for.

Di canio obviously played for us and West Ham but could easily have fitted in at a higher placed club. 

FF has never even played a single match in the top flight. He couldn’t hold down a place in the Watford team and they practically gave him away upon promotion.

Im actually a bit embarrassed as you’ve blatantly gone fishing and I’ve just bitten 🎣 

• Like 2

Should have sold him for 12m or whatever it was that money would have done nicely!

Now Forestieri leaves on a free 

we might end up with a points deduction for breaking FFP rules. 

funny old world 

Chansiri needs to appointment an advisor or Director of football, because him and his lad haven’t a clue